LibCampFireClub

The Charles Barkley Rant on Ferguson Grand Jury Decision That You Won’t Believe You’re Just Now Hearing

141 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Yeah I guess the difference is Michael Brown had JUST COMMITTED A FELONY.

ETA: Michael Brown was 18. He had no time to be convicted of anything as an adult.

Okay, they don't like it when we be nice to 'em. So, we gonna take are red rugs and role them out the the messicans.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Still didn't answer the question. Why was he shot? To help you out. Take a look at Crafting Goddess's post. That's what I was trying to get at. This has been a tried and true response for anyone who's gone through something similar.

You mean this:

Marvin, I think its YOU that have the comparison wrong. When the % of white perps is equal to the % of black perps then we can use your comparison method, until then its just apples and oranges.

The reason why YOU think everything is about race is because YOU and a few others make EVERYTHING about race and/or religion.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

You mean this:

Pretty much. I've been told here repeatedly and IRL that we deserve the treatment we get because of folks doing crimes and only sharing the same skin color.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

We have laws against parking in no parking posted areas. We have laws against smoking. We have driving laws, we have noise ordinances, we must pay our bills on time, we must keep the peace, and we must always remember that ignorance of the law is no excuse. In America, we have laws. Obey them first. if you don't like the damned law, then change it. In the meantime, if you don't like your scrambled eggs, find a new restaurant or cook them your damned self.

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

So, to be clear you're saying the % has something to do with it? So, if a black man is shot for grabbing his wallet, it's because other black people have made it so? Just wanting to clarify.

Yes sir, that's what I'm saying. Sad but true.

It's also not nearly as black and white as you appear to think it is. WE all can share the blame for why that is so. And that's the thing about it Marvin, it is what it is and it doesn't matter whose fault it is... what are WE going to do about it.

I personally don't think crying fowl and trying to place blame is the way out of this... just draws attention to your way of thinking that's all.

It's also not nearly as black and white as you appear to think it is. WE all can share the blame for why that is so. And that's the thing about it Marvin, it is what it is and it doesn't matter whose fault it is... what are WE going to do about it.

I personally don't think crying fowl and trying to place blame is the way out of this... just draws attention to your way of thinking that's all.

So is it the innocent people that need to change or the closed-minded ignorant people? I should not have to be judged off of the actions of someone else I do not know, have no association with, no blood ties and live in a completely different, state, city and neighborhood.

Timeline

So, to be clear you're saying the % has something to do with it? So, if a black man is shot for grabbing his wallet, it's because other black people have made it so? Just wanting to clarify.

Yes sir, that's what I'm saying. It's not nearly as black and white as you appear to think it is.

We can all share in the blame for why things are the way the are ... and that's my point Marvin: it is what it is. Now what are WE going to do about it?

I personally don't think crying "fowl" and placing blame is the way out that's all. It just puts the focus on your way of thinking. And how's that working for ya?

Sorry, but your statement is #######.

I'm responsible for me and my family. What some other black person did shouldn't affect how others perceive me. I nor any other law abiding citizen shouldn't be punished because some knuckleheads who commit crime share the same skin color.

And when you say we, who are you talking to?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

foul: something out of line. Like in baseball or liberal commentary

fowl: big bird. As in sesame street.

So, is this a new card. Not the race card, but the pity me card?

Timeline

So is it the innocent people that need to change or the closed-minded ignorant people? I should not have to be judged off of the actions of someone else I do not know, have no association with, no blood ties and live in a completely different, state, city and neighborhood.

That's right, you shouldn't. But you are, so now what?

I'm on your side... I wish it would stop as well. I just don't think the constant pounding of "poor me..." is the way out.

Timeline

Sorry, but your statement is #######.

I'm responsible for me and my family. What some other black person did shouldn't affect how others perceive me. I nor any other law abiding citizen shouldn't be punished because some knuckleheads who commit crime share the same skin color.

And when you say we, who are you talking to?

That's right you shouldn't but you are so now what?

And when I said "we" I mean everybody.

That's right you shouldn't but you are so now what?

And when I said "we" I mean everybody.

Folks should be treated individually based on their own merits. It's that simple.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I call photoshop on the one in the middle. Nobody would would be dumb enough to hold that sign.

It's fake for sure. Even snopes says it's fake. That said, it's as absurd as everything else concerning this incident. Fake or real.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.