rorysspeed

78 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to the club.

Come on over and commiserate,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516361-post-noa2-nvc-stage/page-40

thanks for the help since im a newbie im looking for answers :) im at a loss as to why others get it faster than others isn't it as simple as just assigning a case number since we been already cleared from uscis?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks for the help since im a newbie im looking for answers :) im at a loss as to why others get it faster than others isn't it as simple as just assigning a case number since we been already cleared from uscis?

For those of us who are in The Wait Club, our cases have either not left California Service Center or have been misdirected to the National Research Centre, instead of the NVC.

Read the thread, catch up to everything we've been doing (emailing NVC, requesting service requests from IOs and contacting congress people) and join in the fun.

I think most of us drink heavily. If you don't, it's probably a good idea to start.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Ha, yeah. So it goes.

Question of the day: is the person from NVC that responded to your e-mails named Jess? She's the one that's replied to 3 of us. I'm starting to think she's the ONLY person at NVC that responds to e-mail inquiries.

Yeah, The person who emailed me was named Jess as well.

My case was approved on September 16th and I have yet to receive anything

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yeah, The person who emailed me was named Jess as well.

My case was approved on September 16th and I have yet to receive anything

Wow. She really is the only one there that responds to our e-mails. Crazy.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

I am still waiting and it will be 5 weeks on Monday - no notice after, that NVC has it. NOA2 was dated 11/3/14. Biting my tongue and nails. Have called - nothing....

Timeline

I am still waiting and it will be 5 weeks on Monday - no notice after, that NVC has it. NOA2 was dated 11/3/14. Biting my tongue and nails. Have called - nothing....

have you tried calling uscis im having the same issue my noa was approved oct 23rd and I called nvc and they said they haven't received nothing yet nothing is in the computer yet, so today I got in contact with uscis and spoke to an immigration officer and they told me it hasn't left csc yet and they were gonna put in a service request and I should hear something back in 1-2 weeks.Try forcing the issue because people who are doing k-1 fiancé have expiration dates and she told me those have to be prioritized.hen I asked what's the reason for the delay the officer said there dealing with thousands of papers so some get mixed up with others that's why you have to keep bugging them to force the issue because they seem to relaxed........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

have you tried calling uscis im having the same issue my noa was approved oct 23rd and I called nvc and they said they haven't received nothing yet nothing is in the computer yet, so today I got in contact with uscis and spoke to an immigration officer and they told me it hasn't left csc yet and they were gonna put in a service request and I should hear something back in 1-2 weeks.Try forcing the issue because people who are doing k-1 fiancé have expiration dates and she told me those have to be prioritized.hen I asked what's the reason for the delay the officer said there dealing with thousands of papers so some get mixed up with others that's why you have to keep bugging them to force the issue because they seem to relaxed........

If you haven't seen this yet:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/526480-noa2-to-nvc-have-you-been-waiting-more-than-a-month/

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

9 weeks tomorrow, no MNL#. I finally got a hold of USCIS and was transferred to a Tier 2 agent and there was a waiting time of 90 minutes, so I used the call back feature and sure enough about 90 minutes later they called me back. The female agent was very sweet and said that it should have been sent at l;east a month ago 7 it probably is at NVC, but they are having a data entry issue. She wrote a note to CSC to make sure it was sent and said that I would hear something in a week to 10 days. Now maybe she was just pacifying me, but she seemed genuine. I pray that this will be over soon, so we can get on with the next step.

Timeline

9 weeks tomorrow, no MNL#. I finally got a hold of USCIS and was transferred to a Tier 2 agent and there was a waiting time of 90 minutes, so I used the call back feature and sure enough about 90 minutes later they called me back. The female agent was very sweet and said that it should have been sent at l;east a month ago 7 it probably is at NVC, but they are having a data entry issue. She wrote a note to CSC to make sure it was sent and said that I would hear something in a week to 10 days. Now maybe she was just pacifying me, but she seemed genuine. I pray that this will be over soon, so we can get on with the next step.

She probably was genuine. She's not the problem. The problem is whoever replies to your service inquiry will probably f up and give you some BS later. I don't mean to kill your optimism, but I've had your experience twice now only to be let down later. It's made me one jaded mofo!

Timeline

Got a hold of NVC on phone again - it is officially "Lost" and the man said not to bother calling again, because it is now in the hands of the "Research" team. They will write, when and if they find it. What kind of ####### is that? He also said to call USIC again, because all too often they send out notice and say was sent to NVC, but it is still in California on someones desk. I tried tier 2 already they were polite and said they'd "Look into it" (I am sure file 13). I am so frustrated.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

She probably was genuine. She's not the problem. The problem is whoever replies to your service inquiry will probably f up and give you some BS later. I don't mean to kill your optimism, but I've had your experience twice now only to be let down later. It's made me one jaded mofo!

You still don't have an interview date?

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

You still don't have an interview date?

My NOA2 reaches the 4 month tomorrow and expires. Still hasn't reached the NVC.

Got a hold of NVC on phone again - it is officially "Lost" and the man said not to bother calling again, because it is now in the hands of the "Research" team. They will write, when and if they find it. What kind of ####### is that? He also said to call USIC again, because all too often they send out notice and say was sent to NVC, but it is still in California on someones desk. I tried tier 2 already they were polite and said they'd "Look into it" (I am sure file 13). I am so frustrated.....

Yeah, NVC can't really do anything. It is up to CSC. So were you able to put in a service request with CSC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My NOA2 reaches the 4 month tomorrow and expires. Still hasn't reached the NVC.

Yeah, NVC can't really do anything. It is up to CSC. So were you able to put in a service request with CSC?

why are't you panicking and foaming at the mouth yet? It is such BS for your case to be held up that long.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

why are't you panicking and foaming at the mouth yet? It is such BS for your case to be held up that long.

Panicking won't get me anywhere, plus knowing 15-20 other people on VJ are in a similar situation helps. I write e-mails to USCIS that my friend describes as "polite fury". They just give me BS back. I have an infopass meeting on Monday, we'll see if that will be helpful at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.