Gambianbabyduedec

Please help! I34 I'm 9mos preg n confused

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi! Thanks for reading. I'm in my 9th month of pregnancy. I'm awaiting my no2 which is around the corner prob (June filer). I really need my fiancée here ASAP to help with the baby coming while I am in school.

I'm confused about i34 and don't know who to turn to for help.

My situation is I am a nursing student. Last year I claimed a very low amount on taxes.

This year I started back in school in August and I receive approx 4,000 a month from foreign friend as gift. This will go on as I finish school over next 2 years.

I have one 17 year old at home and 18 year old who lives in dorm at college. I also have baby due end of this month.

I don't understand if I can use the fact that I receive about 50k in gift a year or if I need co sponsor (gifts are not claimed on tax return as receiver). If I got a letter from the foreign gifter stating my gift and my bank statements?

Also how many ppl would I claim on my household? Not sure if baby is included in total and college student?

If not, if I need a co sponsor and I ask my retired parents who only live at home with each other, would thier income need to be enough for them plus ,my fiancée

or them, plus my fiancée, plus myself & my children?

I'm scared my parents will say no. Although I bring enough money in to support my family, they are very wary of the immigration process. If they do say yes, what info do I need from them?

Thank you from a very pregnant and worried VJ member ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Can you explain more what you mean with gift? It is rather unusual to receive that sort of money, do you really mean a scholarship?

If it is a scholarship and guaranteed by some organisaton then yes, it will likely count. If it is jsut a friend/ family member giving money then no.

Your kids are still minors, and you will have three by the time of the interview, so your household will be 5 (you+3 kids+ fiance)

If your parents cosponsor, it would be them+ fiance, plus anyone they claim on their tax return. If they say yes, they will need essentialy the same as you- the form filled in, 3 years tax return, proof of income, and proof they are US citizens or greencard holders living in the USA.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is this $50K a year ever year? A gift? Has this been claimed on taxes? Does it need to be?

So many questions

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hmmm ok so gifts won't be sufficient for asset. Wow I pray my parents say yes, I really need my fiancée here, thx for your input penguin

The thing with a gift is it can always stop. So its not something that can be depended on. Different than a scholarship or grant.

By the time you have to do your I-134 new baby will be here and as Penquin_ie said you will have 3 dependents plus your fiance's so 5.

So you would be best to line up a co-sponsor now get that all together.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

My situation is I am a nursing student. Last year I claimed a very low amount on taxes.

This year I started back in school in August and I receive approx 4,000 a month from foreign friend as gift. This will go on as I finish school over next 2 years.

I can't help too much on your question, but I have a question. Does your friend need anymore friends? I could use an extra $4K a month. :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

$4k a month as a gift from a foreign friend is unusual to say the least and might raise eyebrows at the interview?

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.