slh33

Visa Denial and Second Try

25 posts in this topic

It's not as much about answering questions as it is how it looks to a CO. It is 3 years later and you still aren't married. A CO may think you aren't committed to each other. Be sure you have in your evidence at interview why not married why not more visits. 3 visits over 3 years isn't that much. How long were each visit?

Exactly my point how come you guys didn’t marry after the first time you got denied? Why wait 3yrs and apply as K-1 again? If i was CO I would be suspicious too.. No offense... But that make no sense..

Best of luck!

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How is it suspicious? If you read my earlier posts I stated that the day of his visa interview is when I lost my job. I had to wait until I got a job, and then re-file for the visa. So yes, it took longer. I had to move my entire life across the country from VA to Idaho just to take a job just so I could re-file. So basically I had to start all over again. I can't help that. I can't afford to go to Morocco every year, and I don't have enough time from my job to go and marry him (it takes longer than 2 weeks to marry in Morocco). So for those of you wondering why, that is why. I don't need to justify my choices to anyone in this forum. I simply asked for tips for this next interview that is all. And honestly, if the consulate had LOOKED over our evidence the last time, instead of dismissing it then we wouldn't be going through any of this right now. It doesn't need to make sense to any of you because you're not the CO he will be interviewing with. If I sound offended, I am.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How is it suspicious? If you read my earlier posts I stated that the day of his visa interview is when I lost my job. I had to wait until I got a job, and then re-file for the visa. So yes, it took longer. I had to move my entire life across the country from VA to Idaho just to take a job just so I could re-file. So basically I had to start all over again. I can't help that. I can't afford to go to Morocco every year, and I don't have enough time from my job to go and marry him (it takes longer than 2 weeks to marry in Morocco). So for those of you wondering why, that is why. I don't need to justify my choices to anyone in this forum. I simply asked for tips for this next interview that is all. And honestly, if the consulate had LOOKED over our evidence the last time, instead of dismissing it then we wouldn't be going through any of this right now. It doesn't need to make sense to any of you because you're not the CO he will be interviewing with. If I sound offended, I am.

You are getting defensive with us and no one has asked you to defend yourself. If we are wondering these things what the heck do you think a CO is wondering?

Sure life happens, that's why I mentioned be sure you have evidence to back up all your schooling, and job loss and all that. Most places its a few weeks to get married. It's 21 days in Nigeria its doable just be ready for extra scrutiny is all we are saying. He may not get the scrutiny or he may get it. But after that last interview you need to gird yourself up and be prepared for anything. I would surely do my best to at least be there for the interview. Because by interview time it will be 2 years and that is a long time.

And instead of attacking us look at it as "I can see how a CO might think that so let me be sure my fiance' has this and that so he is prepared". You came to us. My goodness. We are here to help you succeed if you can't see that why did you bother to even post. If you only want what you want to hear maybe you should go post on the sunshine and unicorn website.(sorry I just don't have time or in the mood for people poppin off when no one meant you no harm we didn't deny you did we).

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you just want tips I about the next interview I would say just prepare for the typical Moroccan outcome which you have seen once already. He can study all he wants to get ready for the questions but how would anyone know what question the CO would ask him. Just because they asked someone else a question doesn't mean anything because its doubtful their case mirrors yours exactly.

The consulate didn't look over the evidence because that's how they operate and like you they don't have to justify there choices to anyone so you are the perfect person to clearly understand how it works. You are lucky they aren't supposed to offended by peoples reaction to their decisions.

I am not going to try to make sense of any of this because no one here is going to be the C O just as you say. You and your fiancée better hope he is able to make sense of the situation during the interview.

Invest your time and money in marriage. Once that is done prepare to wait again as is the case in most of these Moroccan cases. While waiting you will have plenty of time to put everything in place for the next interview.

Keep in mind you made a decision to do all of this with a Moroccan man and at that time that made sense to you & only you. Now you have to live with that decision and make sense of all of it until its over one way or another.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Was this petition front-loaded with evidence? Was the first one? If this one was not, I hate to say, but the chances are slim, but stranger things have happened. The consulate officers tend to have their minds made up before the beneficiary walks in.

BTW a marriage can take place in Morocco in under 2 weeks. It took us 9-10 days. You just have to have a plan and keep on top of things. The location matters, too. It takes longer in more rural areas vs bigger cities. Knowing people and greasing some palms helps too.

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

I will tell u why is suspicious... Because it doesn't take 3yrs to save $340! Yes u lost ur job... Still it doesn't take 3yrs... I'm not here to judge... But once u make a post u should be open to opinions... No one is doubting ur relationship, why we are saying and probably what the CO can also be thinking is, in three yrs this ppl didn't married?? U said the longest u have stayed is 14 days and I may be wrong but u also said that u can't marry because it can take 2 weeks... Isn't that the same? Well I wish u the best of luck!

Just like the other OP said be prepare to get married...

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My advice is for you to go to the Moroccan Consulate section and read all of the reviews. I mean read ALL so you familiarize yourself with the actual process. Then you and your husband need to practice on how to answer all of the questions. Go over and prepare for all of the questions with him so he will be comfortable on how to answer all of questions.

Sorry to hear about the prior denial but the good thing is that you guys are together for the long run. And when he is approved, the positive thing is that he will qualify for the 10 year visa versus the conditional 2 year one.

Best wishes and keep in touch to let us know how the interview went.

they are not married, it's a k-1. he does not qualify

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My advice is for you to go to the Moroccan Consulate section and read all of the reviews. I mean read ALL so you familiarize yourself with the actual process. Then you and your husband need to practice on how to answer all of the questions. Go over and prepare for all of the questions with him so he will be comfortable on how to answer all of questions.

Sorry to hear about the prior denial but the good thing is that you guys are together for the long run. And when he is approved, the positive thing is that he will qualify for the 10 year visa versus the conditional 2 year one.

Best wishes and keep in touch to let us know how the interview went.

they aren't married, it's a k-1. he doesnt qualify for a 10 year green card unless they are married

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

he got approved?

event.png

event.png

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS:

I-130 Sent :.....................................05/27/2015

I-130 NOA1 :...................................05/28/2015

I-130 Approved :..............................11/13/2015

NVC:

NVC Received :...............................12/07/2015

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :..........12/18/2015

Paid AOS:........................................12/18/2015

Receive IV Bill : ..............................12/22/2015

Paid IV Bill: .....................................12/22/2015

Submitted DS-260: .........................12/24/2015

Sent AOS & IV Package:.................01/07/2016

Scan Date Email Received:.............01/08/2016

Case Completed at NVC :...............02/16/2016

NVC Left :

INTERVIEW:

Medical Appointment Date:.............03/232016

Interview Date:...............................04/06/2016

Interview Result :............................APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know if this help our case or not but I contacted my senator and had her on board. I know that they looked into our case and keep me up to date. There is a lot of fraud throughout Morocco and other countries. If anything I felt like this let the Moroccan CO know I was serious about this man. My husband and I, fiance at the time, found practice question and studied up on those as well. We knew each other well but felt like we wanted to know each other inside and out! We didn't want to fall victim to a game. How many times have you visited? Have you met his family? Do you have pictures of yourself with him and his family? Pictures of you and him doing activities together? They also asked my husband about my home state and the area. Then CO actually responded to my husband that my husband would be surprised how many men come in and have no idea where they were going (in the US). I set my husband up with a little packet: pictures from each visit, some conversations, letters, phone log, etc. The CO only looked at photos but at least he had it if they wanted it.

I feel like there is a point where you can be TOO prepared and there is a point where you are not prepared enough! Good luck and keep asking questions!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.