Janelle2002

Report: Border Crossings Surge with Obama's Legalization Announcement

80 posts in this topic

Oddly enough, though I think watermelon is truly awesome when slightly chilled in the heat of summer, I did not buy a single one this year. Dunno why. Tons of grapes, lemons, a few limes, and a handful of apples and pears. But not a single watermelon. What's wrong with me?

You don't have enough melanin.

Not really. I'm a grapefruit and lemon woman.

I think my mom is the only one who has to have some watermelon. My husband loves it. Does he count?

Yes he does this time.

You don't have enough melanin. Melon in.

Fixxored for ya. :)

ETA: If melanin is what gives us darker skin color, does melatonin make our toes darker???

Edited by DavenRoxy

Oddly enough, though I think watermelon is truly awesome when slightly chilled in the heat of summer, I did not buy a single one this year. Dunno why. Tons of grapes, lemons, a few limes, and a handful of apples and pears. But not a single watermelon. What's wrong with me?

You're not black enough

I tried watermelon with salt for the first time in my life this past summer, I'm hooked.

I tried watermelon with salt for the first time in my life this past summer, I'm hooked.

Indeed, it is awesome. That's why, looking back over this long, hot summer, I find it hard to believe I purchased not ONE single watermelon.

I've had plum with salt. That stuff gives you a kick and have you making ugly faces.

When I was a kid living in California, I got hooked on lemons and salt. We had a lemon tree in our backyard, so all the neighbor kids loved to come over and pick a fresh one. All of us had one of those tiny Morton salt shakers in our pockets...

mJ8vFfnW9Vh1DXlEeJjGnJQ.jpg

I think someone is still working hard to become the top-ranked CABA. But rumor has it the poll is over, so no need.

you think? lol.

the poll was not for top ranked caba, it was for the biggest caba c*&^. there's a difference.

When I was a kid living in California, I got hooked on lemons and salt. We had a lemon tree in our backyard, so all the neighbor kids loved to come over and pick a fresh one. All of us had one of those tiny Morton salt shakers in our pockets...

mJ8vFfnW9Vh1DXlEeJjGnJQ.jpg

Kids loved doing that stuff. I use to buy plums sprinkled with salt from whoever was selling or go in the fridge, peel a few and through some salt on those bad boys.

I know people do mangoes and pepper. I want to try that next summer.

And, you should have stopped right there.

You remember earlier, you started a thread about a girl who got cornrows. So, I'm assuming all those comments are fine now; since a lot of blacks have cornrows. Because you know, a lot of Mexicans eat tacos.

There was even this part of the cornrow story:

So, I'm assuming that there is now nothing wrong with that; since a lot of blacks eat watermelon.

Either stereotypes are wrong, or they're not. You decided. I"ll follow the rules. Just let me know what the rules are.

Every Mexican I know and I know a few would, wonder why someone would get their panties in a politically correct wad about them eating tacos. Most take great pride in cooking Mexican style dishes.

If someone knew I was from the South and said, boy I bet you love Grits. I would, answer them by saying, I sure do with butter and pepper.

you think? lol.

the poll was not for top ranked caba, it was for the biggest caba c*&^. there's a difference.

But oddly enough only Men Males placed at the top of the list.