Janelle2002

Report: Border Crossings Surge with Obama's Legalization Announcement

80 posts in this topic

By Katie Pavlich, Townhall.com

Last week President Obama announced his plan to legalize at least five million people living illegally in the United States during a primetime address to the nation from the White House. He detailed the plan again last Friday at a Las Vegas high school.

Just before his announcement, law enforcement officers working in and people living along the Texas border with Mexico were already seeing a surge in illegal immigration as a result. From Local ABC 5 news in the Rio Grande Valley:

The flow of illegal immigrants appears to be on the rise again in Brooks County.

Rugged trails on ranches are littered with empty bottles, the remnants of the journey made by those who entered illegally and those who are making their way north. People in the area said foot traffic is once again on the rise.

Dr. Michael Vickers said he is seeing more of these water bottles left behind on Brooks County ranches.

Vickers said, "We had two groups, Sunday a week ago. Seven of them gave up to me. They were Hondurans and Salvadorans."

Vickers said President Obama's talk of executive action on immigration could be looked at as an open invitation to people south of the border to make their way north.

"Every time he opens his mouth about immigration and what he's gonna do, there's a huge negative impact on us that live out here along the border, especially in the rural areas where all the smuggling trails are," said Vickers.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/24/report-border-crossings-surge-obamas-legalization-announcement

By Katie Pavlich, Townhall.com

Last week President Obama announced his plan to legalize at least five million people living illegally in the United States during a primetime address to the nation from the White House. He detailed the plan again last Friday at a Las Vegas high school.

Just before his announcement, law enforcement officers working in and people living along the Texas border with Mexico were already seeing a surge in illegal immigration as a result. From Local ABC 5 news in the Rio Grande Valley:

The flow of illegal immigrants appears to be on the rise again in Brooks County.

Rugged trails on ranches are littered with empty bottles, the remnants of the journey made by those who entered illegally and those who are making their way north. People in the area said foot traffic is once again on the rise.

Dr. Michael Vickers said he is seeing more of these water bottles left behind on Brooks County ranches.

Vickers said, "We had two groups, Sunday a week ago. Seven of them gave up to me. They were Hondurans and Salvadorans."

Vickers said President Obama's talk of executive action on immigration could be looked at as an open invitation to people south of the border to make their way north.

"Every time he opens his mouth about immigration and what he's gonna do, there's a huge negative impact on us that live out here along the border, especially in the rural areas where all the smuggling trails are," said Vickers.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/24/report-border-crossings-surge-obamas-legalization-announcement

I agree the Preznit screws up everything he touches

Edited by The Nature Boy

¡Beinvenido mis amigos! Mi casa es su casa.

Good. Since you are so welcoming can you pay all of my immigration fees and bring my husband here illegally since we have yet to solve this legally. Can you help us please? For free.

Thanks

amazing. one dr. vickers sees a couple extra water bottles and anarchy wins.

You left out the fact they saw taco shells too!!

This is evidence! Proof!

I would like to know how many have crossed indeed!

Good. Since you are so welcoming can you pay all of my immigration fees and bring my husband here illegally since we have yet to solve this legally. Can you help us please? For free.

Thanks

Is your husband Hispanic or has direct lineage to the original people of central and south America?

I would like to know how many have crossed indeed!

i doubt people stopped crossing illegally just because the president gave a speech. and considering crossing now doesn't guarantee citizenship -or even offer it. bet this is hype.

Is your husband Hispanic or has direct lineage to the original people of central and south America?

No. But I have Blackfoot Ancestry. Does this count?

i doubt people stopped crossing illegally just because the president gave a speech. and considering crossing now doesn't guarantee citizenship -or even offer it. bet this is hype.

But it will offer something for kids who's parents brought them here illegally. In another 10 years there will be DACA apps again. If those kiddies be good they can get their parents U.S. Citizenship baby!!

Duh, you're Black. And no it doesn't count.

You do realize Blackfoot people were real Native Americans?

http://native-american-indian-facts.com/Great-Plains-American-Indian-Facts/Blackfoot-Indian-Facts.shtml

I might have an ancestor that was mixed with some Central or South American. You never know.

You do realize Blackfoot people were real Native Americans?

http://native-american-indian-facts.com/Great-Plains-American-Indian-Facts/Blackfoot-Indian-Facts.shtml

I might have an ancestor that was mixed with some Central or South American. You never know.

I did know but that was me being funny.