Husband Wife

Islamabad, Pakistan - IR1/CR1 Interview Thread November 2014

355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husbands visa was approved!! :dance::dance:

He said it was a piece of cake.

I will also post his experience once I know details.

I just checked the status and it says "Administrative Processing"

Hoping it changes soon!!

Congratulations n best of luck inshaAllah ur hubby get his visa very soon

Timeline

My wife's visa has been approved at Islamabad Embassy Pakistan. She said it was a breeze. So relieved now. Will post interview experience once I have a detailed conversation with her. :) :) :) :) :)

Waoo thats great congartulations we want Gulab jaman now :)

Timeline

Hi guys,

As you all know my wife's visa was approved today. Here is her experience.

She reached shuttle service at 5:45am. At 6:15am, she got into the line to get the ticket, she showed her passport and interview letter. She got into the first shuttle that left for US embassy at 6:45am. She reached the embassy and got into the line for immigrant visa applicants. Security checked her interview letter and passport. She entered the embassy and was directed towards finger prints place. She got the fingerprints. After getting done with fingerprints, she received domestic violence pamphlet, courier services information flyer and information to pay green card fee. After that she was directed to a waiting lounge.

She was called onto the window where Pakistani CO was sitting. He asked her to submit her medical report and passport. After that she told him that my husband has an updated AOS because he has a new job title and new salary figure. He told her you can give me that as well. He took her contact number so courier services can call her to pick up the passport. She was asked if she will give an interview in English or Urdu. She said Urdu. She was asked to wait for an interview call.

After that she was called onto window where American CO and Pakistani CO both were present. They asked her following questions:

Who is sponsoring you?

What does your husband do?

Where does he live?

Who does he live with?

What are his siblings name?

What kind of visa did he got, when he went to USA?

When he went to USA?

Where will you live when you move to USA?

What is your husband's job title? Does he like his boss?

Do you have anything else with you? She had wedding album, joint bank account statements, skype calls screenshots, wedding card, life insurance policy (They only saw wedding album and joint bank account statements).

After that they told her, "Congratulations, we are approving your visa". She also got her original documents back after hearing magic words. She told me she thanks the CO's and had a big smile on her face when she left embassy. American Express courier service will contact her in few days so she can pick up her passport and visa packet.

IR1/CR1 Timeline:

01/24/2014: Married

02/11/2014: I130 Sent

02/19/2014: I130 NOA1

06/25/2014: I130 Approved (NOA2)

07/07/2014: NVC Received

07/16/2014: Case # and IIN Assigned

08/04/2014: Received DS 261 and AOS Invoice Email

08/04/2014: Submitted DS 261

08/06/2014: Paid AOS Fee

08/07/2014: AOS Package Sent

08/11/2014: AOS Package Scanned

08/30/2014: Received IV Bill

08/30/2014: Paid IV Bill

09/03/2014: IV Package Sent

09/03/2014: Submitted Ds-260

09/05/2014: IV Package Scanned

10/14/2014: Case Complete

12/01/2014: Medical (Completed)

12/16/2014: Interview Scheduled for 7:00 AM (APPROVED) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

12/17/2014: Visa "ISSUED" :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

01/24/2015: POE - JFK, NY

ROC Timeline:

11/11/2016: I-751 sent to VSC

11/14/2016: I-751 package received at VSC

11/16/2016: Check cashed

11/18/2016: NOA1 Received

12/14/2016: Biometrics Appointment

10/17/17: Approval letter received in mail

Timeline

My case still says Administrstice processing. I m so heartbroken. Why does all this mess has to happen with me always :cry: I m losing all hopes. Once in a blue moon it happens that Nvc loses documents and it happened to us. I m almost crying while typing this. I don't know how to stay strong anymore :cry:

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Thank you much for sharing.

Did you have a joint sponsor? I have heard they ask how you met and whether arranged or love marriage etc... seems like this CO did not care.

Is your ceac status updated?

Hi guys,

As you all know my wife's visa was approved today. Here is her experience.

She reached shuttle service at 5:45am. At 6:15am, she got into the line to get the ticket, she showed her passport and interview letter. She got into the first shuttle that left for US embassy at 6:45am. She reached the embassy and got into the line for immigrant visa applicants. Security checked her interview letter and passport. She entered the embassy and was directed towards finger prints place. She got the fingerprints. After getting done with fingerprints, she received domestic violence pamphlet, courier services information flyer and information to pay green card fee. After that she was directed to a waiting lounge.

She was called onto the window where Pakistani CO was sitting. He asked her to submit her medical report and passport. After that she told him that my husband has an updated AOS because he has a new job title and new salary figure. He told her you can give me that as well. He took her contact number so courier services can call her to pick up the passport. She was asked if she will give an interview in English or Urdu. She said Urdu. She was asked to wait for an interview call.

After that she was called onto window where American CO and Pakistani CO both were present. They asked her following questions:

Who is sponsoring you?

Where does he live?

Who does he live with?

When he went to USA?

Do you have anything else with you? She had wedding album, joint bank account statements, skype calls screenshots, wedding card, life insurance policy (They only saw wedding album and joint bank account statements).

After that they told her, "Congratulations, we are approving your visa". She also got her original documents back after hearing magic words. She told me she thanks the CO's and had a big smile on her face when she left embassy. American Express courier service will contact her in few days so she can pick up her passport and visa packet.

Timeline

Hi, sorry to hear that, dont be sad, you will get it soon iA.

i read your previous posts and wondering if you were asked by nvc or embassy to update something in your joint sponsor docs? when did you send the updated?

My case still says Administrstice processing. I m so heartbroken. Why does all this mess has to happen with me always :cry: I m losing all hopes. Once in a blue moon it happens that Nvc loses documents and it happened to us. I m almost crying while typing this. I don't know how to stay strong anymore :cry:

Timeline

Would you plz share the interview details? Is the status updated yet?

My husbands visa was approved!! :dance::dance:

He said it was a piece of cake.

I will also post his experience once I know details.

I just checked the status and it says "Administrative Processing"

Hoping it changes soon!!

Timeline

Thank you much for sharing.

Did you have a joint sponsor? I have heard they ask how you met and whether arranged or love marriage etc... seems like this CO did not care.

Is your ceac status updated?

You are welcome. We did not have a joint sponsor. We did not need one so I avoided joint sponsor part in this entire process :)

They did ask her about arranged marriage or love marriage question. My bad I skipped 3 questions. Here is an updated list of all questions:

Who is sponsoring you?

Was it an arranged marriage or love marriage?

Where does he live?

Who does he live with?

For how long did your husband stay in Pakistan after marriage?

How do you communicate with your husband?

When he went to USA?

Yes, the status has been changed from "Administrative Processing" to "ISSUED" on CEAC website. Alhumdulilah :) :) :)

My wife's visa has been "ISSUED" on CEAC website. Alhumdulilah I am so happy today. I will be reuniting with my dear wife soon Insha Allah Insha Allah :) :) :) :) :)

IR1/CR1 Timeline:

12/16/2014: Interview Scheduled for 7:00 AM (APPROVED) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

ROC Timeline:

Timeline

Insha Allah u will gt good news soon . U just need to trust Allah . Allah is the one who can help you .so trust Allah

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Here is my husband's interview experience:

He was asked the following questions:

-Was your marriage love or arranged?

-Is your wife from Islamabad?

-Do you have a criminal record?

That was it. She then congratulated my husband and said your "approved."

They returned all his paper work and told him he should get his visa within 2 weeks.

Did not ask to see any proof.

I just checked CEAC and my husbands visa has changed to ISSUED. ALHM

Timeline

They returned all his paper work and told him he should get his visa within 2 weeks.

congratulationssss....

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats Zeeaiz!! Alhamdulillah that's wonderful, i'm so happy for you both.

Please make some doua for the rest of us that we also have a quick approval and visa issued. InshaAllah khair.

~~~ Best wishes for a happy family reunion ~~~

~ Sofi

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

Timeline

Dearest Samreen,

God willing the best will come soon and it will all be ok. Only God knows why this is happening and to what end. Please be assured that there is good coming your way.

I also have some very rough days and just burst in to tears. I know you've had a long journey and i pray sincerely from God to give you some good news very soon and unite you with your hubby.

~~~Hugs and Prayers~~~

Btw - i think i read in one of the forums that you're in Chi. So am I !! ^.^

~ Sofi

~Sofi~

Bismillah

Timeline

My wife picked up her passport with visa stamped on it and visa packet from courier service in Islamabad today (December 18th). Interview was on December 16th. Thanks to almighty Allah.

Edited by Husband Wife

IR1/CR1 Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

Timeline

Alhamdulillah!!!! I'm really so happy for you both. Truly God is Merciful. Alhamdulillah!!

I'm closing my eyes and imagining when I'll see my hubby at the airport. Someday inshaAllah khair!!!

~ Sofi

My wife picked up her passport with visa stamped on it and visa packet from courier service in Islamabad today (December 18th). Interview was on December 16th. Thanks to almighty Allah.

~Sofi~

Bismillah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.