jillplusjohn

Question about Review time for tiny error on AOS

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I have a quick question, hopefully someone can help us out.

We have sent all of our documents for AOS and IV application, and are (im)patient to finally get an interview date. We are past the 60-day review period, and we got a checklist for the I-864ez with a tiny error: my husband filled out the wrong number on his app which didn't match his income tax. He made the change immediately... and the corrected form was out the door, and expressed the same day we got the checklist.

Like I said the mistake was a very small one. In fact he put an income lower than he was actually supposed to!

So I called NVC today to inquire if they had received the corrected form (was supposed to arrive last Monday) and it wasn't In the system yet. But they told me that all my other documents were fine it was just that one error that needed to be corrected.

Then he told me once they receive that form in the mail with the ONE correction, IT WOULD TAKE ANOTHER 60 DAYS TO REVIEW.

Is this a joke?? Someone please tell me this cannot be for real and he just didn't know what he was talking about. Will it really take the NVC 60 days to review ONE CORRECTION ON ONE FORM?

Sorry for all the caps....it has been 1 year and 7 months and we are slowly going crazy. Thanks in advance for any insight!!

Yup, its real. The AOS is a contract. It has to be perfect. And actually, they check list for smaller errors. Your error isn't that tiny. The correct income is the whole idea of the AOS.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Ok I completely understand the importance of the AOS as a contractual agreement that my hubby should have/be making a certain amount of money in order to be able to sponsor me. But the error was a literally a typo. And the amount he put was lower than his actual income (he had put an amount that included moving deductions) - and it was still way above the standard minimum!

I realize now I am just ranting. And just hoping that one error won't result in another two-month wait. :(

Timeline

I was going to say...nope it does not take that long but are they telling everyone that it is...Yep! For any and all mistakes whether it is their fault or ours. :ranting:

This 60 day things is really ridiculous!

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

We been to the same situation, we had the same error in our AOS, husband put the wrong number which is lower than than the correct income. We submitted our AOS on July 4 and on August 28 we got checklist for putting the wrong income, oncewe submitted the corrected AOS we received another letter from NVC saying another 60 days review. It was really frustrating, i do understand how you feel at this moment as we been on the same situation but sad to say it does takes time again for their review, it took more than 40 days from the time we submitted the corrected AOS before we got the case complete. I really hope for you and for the other filers who will encounter this kind of error that it won't be too long for the review as what we been going through is really not easy. I remember every night i will check my phone if i had an email for case complete, i had insomnia and that checklist really affects me big time. I wish everything will go smoothly now for you and that you get case complete soon and not to wait for that crazy 60 days review period.

Timeline

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. It seems as though US immigration law and reform is going through some immediate and major positive changes for some, while others are just stuck waiting out the extended 60+ day waiting periods......and still having no real timeline of when we can be reunited with our loved ones :(

Timeline

I forgot to check the box that said I am not in the military on my forms and got check listed for it. It took them 50+ days to review it. I know how you are feeling but you are in the last inning of the NVC game, hang in there and good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

It will invoke the 60 day review. BUT if you have any other part of your application up for review before that 60 day window expires the review will be combined. IE: your application was sent in as the AOS package on 1 Jan and the IV package on 1 Feb setting review dates of 1 Mar and 1 Apr respectively. Updated AOS form received by NVC on 15 Mar. Since the updated form was received before the review date of the IV portion it will be combined and reviewed at the same time instead of 60 days later on 15 Apr. (DISCLAIMER:All dates are approximate and not factually correct)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I sent in my AOS on the 18th of NOV. after thinking about it i think i didn´t write how many people I was sponsoring, 1 which is just my husand. Although I am living abroad therefore I haven´t filed for taxes...so I have a joint sponsor, which filed the AOS correctly.. does anyone have any insite if my tiny error will result in a checklist.. if so should i already send out a new AOS??

60 days of waiting is stressful..

p.s has anyone paid for AOS vai money order?? bc i paid with one but I have not recived a notice that they have cashed it yet!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

From what I have been reading in the NVC thread, they are starting to tell people that they are backlogged, and the waits could stretch as far as 90 days. Just what we want to hear. Happy Holidays to us... <_<

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Hi, everyone have a happy thanksgiving while we wait out this horrible processing of our cases now NVC is telling us that they are backed up by 90 days what a joke on us, this government is run like a circus with no end in sight so if anyone has to call NVC tomorrow make it early as soon as they open and be prepared for more bullshit

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

??? Aaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh...are u kidding me?

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Hi Jillplusjohn! I ended up in the same situation with a checklist for a minor error. They said it would take 60 days but I recieved the checklist on Sept 11 and mailed it out the next day (I believe they got it on Sept 15) they said it would be 60 days but we ended up getting our case complete on Oct 20 (so approx 36 days). So there is hope! It will not be less than 30 days but I think maybe you have a good chance for it not to be the full 60 either!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.