DavenRoxy

Identical twin studies prove homosexuality is not genetic

146 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tomorrow I will choose to be sensitive and caring :rofl:

It funny to me because I was born the way I am. Also....no amount of poor parenting or abuse could turn me gay.

However...I believe there is some truth to what Janelle is saying. Most people are born straight. This is normal.Then the spectrum falls off. Some are asexual,some gay some transgender,some pedophiles, some are into beastiality etc. In that mix are people who do not have a strong genetic sexual preference. These are the ones that can choose to change sides. For most of us......no such luck :devil:

There may indeed be some people who do not have a strong sexual preference and can 'go either way.' They're generally called bisexuals, pansexuals or, and this one's complicated and there are exceptions and I could write a book on this identity, demisexuals.

They are sexual identities unto themselves and they are not homosexual. Even if they married a man, divorced him and then married a woman and they, themself, are a woman, they are not a homosexual, necessarily.

Action doesn't determine orientation. So a bisexual man who has a relationship with a woman isn't straight and if he later has a relationship with a man, he hasn't suddenly 'chosen to be gay.' He's just bisexual.

Also, transgender identities are not sexual orientations, they're gender identities, and they do not belong under the same umbrella as sexual orientations. I would like to point out, as gently as possible, that including paedophiles and animal abusers in the same list as asexuals, transgender people and homosexuals can be taken to imply that you believe asexuals, homosexuals and transgender people to be criminally deviant. You may want to watch for that in the future so that no one takes offense when you make a point.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hardly an expert . He is a far right rabid Christian "dead" memes of a fringe group called NARTH, that has been discredited at every turn. NARTH thinks you can turn Homosexuals thru therapy and shame.

As Bones would say. Dear God Jim this is not the dark ages

It was the dialysis machine wasn't it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There may indeed be some people who do not have a strong sexual preference and can 'go either way.' They're generally called bisexuals, pansexuals or, and this one's complicated and there are exceptions and I could write a book on this identity, demisexuals.

They are sexual identities unto themselves and they are not homosexual. Even if they married a man, divorced him and then married a woman and they, themself, are a woman, they are not a homosexual, necessarily.

Action doesn't determine orientation. So a bisexual man who has a relationship with a woman isn't straight and if he later has a relationship with a man, he hasn't suddenly 'chosen to be gay.' He's just bisexual.

Also, transgender identities are not sexual orientations, they're gender identities, and they do not belong under the same umbrella as sexual orientations. I would like to point out, as gently as possible, that including paedophiles and animal abusers in the same list as asexuals, transgender people and homosexuals can be taken to imply that you believe asexuals, homosexuals and transgender people to be criminally deviant. You may want to watch for that in the future so that no one takes offense when you make a point.

I have to say that I agree and will also say that you have a lot more knowledge on the subject matter than I do.

We do have a major difference however. You are sensitive and caring. I don't care if people get upset if they misinterpret what I say :oops:

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Being gay is as much as choice as being straight, or black... And don't make me post pictures of young and old Michael Jackson to prove being black is a choice...

Being gay is not like: being a goth, being emo, being "ghetto," falling in love with someone of another race, electing to be a Pentecostalist.

Being gay is like: being a heterosexual, resembling your parents, being born with a marker for breast cancer.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

If I could choose I'd be bisexual and perhaps, those who believe gays choose they sexuality are, in fact, bisexual. They can only believe sexuality is a choice, if it is a choice for themselves, which in essence makes them bi.

You CAN choose. And you CAN be bisexual. No need to hold back because of society. It's your life, and you can overcum any obstacle you want to.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Alas, I can't, on both accounts. Perhaps you personally can, in which case all the more power to you.

You CAN choose. And you CAN be bisexual. No need to hold back because of society. It's your life, and you can overcum any obstacle you want to.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Being gay is as much as choice as being straight, or black... And don't make me post pictures of young and old Michael Jackson to prove being black is a choice...

I've seen people choose to be black. Look up some of the parades in Europe.

How about Halloween costumes with the black faces?

Alas, I can't, on both accounts. Perhaps you personally can, in which case all the more power to you.

Why can't you? What holds ye back, young man?