DavenRoxy

Identical twin studies prove homosexuality is not genetic

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If you enjoy sex with both men and women then you're bisexual, the premise being that in order to enjoy sex with anoher person one needs to be attracted to that other person at some level.

I thought bisexual meant being sexually attracted to both males and females not necessarily enjoying sex with both men and women.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

If you enjoy sex with both men and women then you're bisexual, the premise being that in order to enjoy sex with anoher person one needs to be attracted to that other person at some level.

I have had sex with women I was not attracted to because they were there.

Timeline

Perhaps that is true for some, certainly not for everyone.

Okay. I never said every homosexual person isn't following their nature but I believe how people are nurtured can possibly override what is genetic...at least for a while or until the influences change.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It's you who told me you could have been persuaded to modify your sexual orientation. That is what being bisexual is.

As far as my experience, nobody pushed me in one direction or another. My younger brother is gay, and has always been. According to him it was never a question in his mind nor did it ever seem out of the ordinary. At home, our parents never questioned or judged his sexuality, or that of any other sibling. It was really never a big issue at home. I don;t believe for a second my parents could have persuaded me to be gay any more than they could have persuaded him not to.

But how can I be bisexual if I don't like people of my gender? Doesn't that go against the meaning of bisexual?

Filed: Timeline

Okay. I never said every homosexual person isn't following their nature but I believe how people are nurtured can possibly override what is genetic...at least for a while or until the influences change.

Of course. That's why there are are so many homosexual and bisexual persons "in the closet" leading a seemingly "normal" life. They are merely bowing to the pressures of their environment living up to the expectations of their surroundings by denying who and what they really are themselves. And as long as the idea that people choose their sexual orientation is perpetrated, there will be people living lives that aren't theirs. Once we recognize that sexual orientation is NOT a choice, then we can make progress on the issue.

Timeline

That is something only you can answer. I was commenting on your statement that you could be influenced to change you sexual orientation. That is the basis for being bisexual.

But how can I be bisexual if I don't like people of my gender? Doesn't that go against the meaning of bisexual?

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As a heterosexual person, I would not consider it "hot" to engage in sex with both males and females. For someone to consider it hot, one has to be wired differently. That's what being bisexual is. I don't see how that supports the "choice" argument in any way. Out of curiosity: Do you believe in "curing" gay people?

I believe sexuality is a spectrum. You'd have to be on a different point to a lot of people to consider sex with both men and women.

It wouldn't be my bag.

I have had sex with women I was not attracted to because they were there.

There's the answer right there. I've known of so many people who are sexually involved with someone they are not attracted to. This also brings you to the instances of closet gays.

Timeline

That is not an answer of any kind unless you admit to also having had sex with men you were not attracted to just because they were there.

There's the answer right there. I've known of so many people who are sexually involved with someone they are not attracted to. This also brings you to the instances of closet gays.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The problem with that is it suggests that certain styles of parenting make people gay. I don't think that's something that can be proven either. However, it is obvious why some people would want to believe that.

Everyone's experience is unique, I don't think you can point at something and say it made someone gay.

Of course. That's why there are are so many homosexual and bisexual persons "in the closet" leading a seemingly "normal" life. They are merely bowing to the pressures of their environment living up to the expectations of their surroundings by denying who and what they really are themselves. And as long as the idea that people choose their sexual orientation is perpetrated, there will be people living lives that aren't theirs. Once we recognize that sexual orientation is NOT a choice, then we can make progress on the issue.

What of children who's parents swear to Venus and back that their daughter is a son because the child wanted to play in dirt and with trucks all day, so they, the parents, keep encouraging something that is not there and the child to lead a life that they (child) could possibly not have wanted? That is a choice even if it is not of the individual who is being affected most.

I respect people who are honest to themselves.

Then all this is a moot point if a gay person tells you they were born this way believe them, if they tell you they were influenced and chose to be gay believe them as well. You are trying to understand or label something that is beyond your comprehension.

Live and let live and have sex with whomever you want. :)

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Then all this is a moot point if a gay person tells you they were born this way believe them, if they tell you they were influenced and chose to be gay believe them as well. You are trying to understand or label something that is beyond your comprehension.

Live and let live and have sex with whomever you want. :)

Exactly. I do not think every single gay person out there is a genetic case, however man are

I have known some women with low self esteem that swung both ways just to make men happy. God Bless them