DavenRoxy

Identical twin studies prove homosexuality is not genetic

146 posts in this topic

Looks like some experts think folks aren't born gay.

Eight major studies of identical twins in Australia, the U.S., and Scandinavia during the last two decades all arrive at the same conclusion: gays were not born that way.

“At best genetics is a minor factor,” says Dr. Neil Whitehead, PhD. Whitehead worked for the New Zealand government as a scientific researcher for 24 years, then spent four years working for the United Nations and International Atomic Energy Agency. Most recently, he serves as a consultant to Japanese universities about the effects of radiation exposure. His PhD is in biochemistry and statistics.

Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay.

SOURCE

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This has been well-documented for years. The prevailing theory is that genetics plays a role but that environmental factors are a lot more powerful.

This of course doesn't mean that homosexuality is a choice or that there is anything wrong with gay people.

In many cases I have seen people choose this instead of it being genetics.

For example, a friend of mine was divorced with 3 kids. She met a girl who became her friend, helped her take care of her kids and then they started dating and it went from there. She said as another woman her girlfriend understands what she needs better than a man and that other women are more caring.

The same thing with my cousin.

Timeline

Your perception is that it might be a choice, that doesn't necessarily make it so.

I don't think this study is telling us something we don't know already. What would be good information is how many folks are born gay versus how many are gay because of their environment and choices.

I don't think it works like that...

Your perception is that it might be a choice, that doesn't necessarily make it so.

I don't think it works like that...

I wasn't being clear. I am more interested in people that engage in homosexual acts as a consequence of their environment then claim they are gay as compared to the findings of those who were born gay.

Timeline

What people claim isn't necessarily useful - since I don't think it can be proven that someone was 'born' gay and people in general don't tend to have very clear memories of their early life.

There isn't a gay gene. What that says it that there are a number interrelated factors at work that determine a person's sexuality. Likely, it's a unique process for each individual.

What people claim isn't necessarily useful - since I don't think it can be proven that someone was 'born' gay and people in general don't tend to have very clear memories of their early life.

There isn't a gay gene. What that says it that there are a number interrelated factors at work that determine a person's sexuality. Likely, it's a unique process for each individual.

What type of factors are you talking about?

Timeline

A person's upbringing and their reaction to it, for instance. Twins are genetically identical, but they don't have the same parents. By that I mean that each twin has a unique relationship with each parent.

Hardly an expert . He is a far right rabid Christian "dead" memes of a fringe group called NARTH, that has been discredited at every turn. NARTH thinks you can turn Homosexuals thru therapy and shame.

As Bones would say. Dear God Jim this is not the dark ages

Edited by The Nature Boy

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

By extension they are saying folks are not born straight either, which leads to a theory that if sexuality is chosen there is no right or wrong sexuality. We can also derive, that homophobia is also chosen and folks are not born afraid or averse to homosexuality.

Ideally we should all be pansexual. There would be far less wars to fight.

Looks like some experts think folks aren't born gay.

SOURCE

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

By extension they are saying folks are not born straight either, which leads to a theory that if sexuality is chosen there is no right or wrong sexuality. We can also derive, that homophobia is also chosen and folks are not born afraid or averse to homosexuality.

Ideally we should all be pansexual. There would be far less wars to fight.

Opposites attractive. By nature we should be heterosexual because we need to reproduce.

With this being said, if people want to choose their own sexuality that is their business. If they feel a woman or a man is more suitable for their needs then I say let them have at it.

But based on one stick needs to be put in the hole (if I can be blunt) this is the way it should be.

Again, it really doesn't matter to me what a person chooses for their sexuality or if they are born homosexual.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Same here. At the end of the day, what really matters is one's own sexuality. There are far more important aspects to each person that should come first - no pun intended - that are really important and relevant.

Opposites attractive. By nature we should be heterosexual because we need to reproduce.

With this being said, if people want to choose their own sexuality that is their business. If they feel a woman or a man is more suitable for their needs then I say let them have at it.

But based on one stick needs to be put in the hole (if I can be blunt) this is the way it should be.

Again, it really doesn't matter to me what a person chooses for their sexuality or if they are born homosexual.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org