DavenRoxy

Identical twin studies prove homosexuality is not genetic

146 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A person's upbringing and their reaction to it, for instance. Twins are genetically identical, but they don't have the same parents. By that I mean that each twin has a unique relationship with each parent.

To add onto this, factors such as maternal hormone levels, the number of brothers prior and the way a mother's body handles testosterone can all have an influence.

I have younger brothers who are identical twins. Like most identical twins, their fingerprints and ears are very different. The positioning of the foetus in the womb can have a contributing factor in development and shape.

Saying that because not all twin pairs are both homosexual if one is means homosexuality is a choice is kind of like saying that, because not all twins where one is autistic has both twins autistic means autism is a choice.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Opposites attractive. By nature we should be heterosexual because we need to reproduce.

With this being said, if people want to choose their own sexuality that is their business. If they feel a woman or a man is more suitable for their needs then I say let them have at it.

But based on one stick needs to be put in the hole (if I can be blunt) this is the way it should be.

Again, it really doesn't matter to me what a person chooses for their sexuality or if they are born homosexual.

The misconception about nature in this argument is that there are things that human beings do which aren't natural. That's simply not the case - we are socially complex creatures and our needs are greater than the need to reproduce.

Timeline

To add onto this, factors such as maternal hormone levels, the number of brothers prior and the way a mother's body handles testosterone can all have an influence.

I have younger brothers who are identical twins. Like most identical twins, their fingerprints and ears are very different. The positioning of the foetus in the womb can have a contributing factor in development and shape.

Saying that because not all twin pairs are both homosexual if one is means homosexuality is a choice is kind of like saying that, because not all twins where one is autistic has both twins autistic means autism is a choice.

Oh I agree - there are so many factors at work that noone can say for sure where their sexual preferences come from. It's not a conscious choice - we know that because we can deduce it from our own experience.

Genetics simply cannot explain complex human behaviour - all it can do is say there are proclivities where certain genes are concerned. People with addictive personalities, there is some proof that this is genetic - but having genes that predispose that behaviour doesn't automatically make you an alcoholic. There are learned behaviours, influences from parents and peers etc that are far more powerful.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I'd rather say that when it comes to sex, the definition of natural is very personal. Different strokes... - pun intended.

The misconception about nature in this argument is that there are things that human beings do which aren't natural. That's simply not the case - we are socially complex creatures and our needs are greater than the need to reproduce.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Hardly an expert . He is a far right rabid Christian "dead" memes of a fringe group called NARTH, that has been discredited at every turn. NARTH thinks you can turn Homosexuals thru therapy and shame.

As Bones would say. Dear God Jim this is not the dark ages

Attacking the source is my gig. How dare you?

Anyway, this earns you B: It was not on MSNBC, CNN....

But reproduction cannot be ignored.

I'd rather say that when it comes to sex, the definition of natural is very personal. Different strokes... - pun intended.

Ooooo I like that. Different strokes or no strokes for different folks.

Fixed that for you. :dancing:

I don't think anyone is 'ignoring' reproduction. If anything, reproduction is a choice.

A choice that if everyone decided to not choose we would be extinct. Unless you think cloning is the solution.

I don't think anyone is 'ignoring' reproduction. If anything, reproduction is a choice.

Indeed. I have chosen so far not to reproduce, thoughtfully sparing the world from my offspring. We are human and as such have agency in a way no other animal truly does.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

A choice that if everyone decided to not choose we would be extinct. Unless you think cloning is the solution.

A person can choose to have children or not choose to have them - that's simply a fact. Nothing more. That said, I'm not sure why that's relevant to what we're talking about.

The topic is about homosexuality.

Edited by Hail Ming!

What you say does not negate or mitigate his statement.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I thought about reproducing but my wife thought I'd better let her do it instead. She said I'm much too absent minded to be trusted with any kind of mitosis.

Indeed. I have chosen so far not to reproduce, thoughtfully sparing the world from my offspring. We are human and as such have agency in a way no other animal truly does.

I don't invalidate your point, but it would do the world a world of good if some people considered adopting instead of reproducing. There are so many unwanted persons out there, whose life's sanctity ended the moment they came out of the womb.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

What you say does not negate or mitigate his statement.

Responding to him can be a difficult task sometimes.

I thought about reproducing but my wife thought I'd better let her do it instead. She said I'm much too absent minded to be trusted with any kind of mitosis.

I don't invalidate your point, but it would do the world a world of good if some people considered adopting instead of reproducing. There are so many unwanted persons out there, whose life's sanctity ended the moment they came out of the womb.

I agree. People should adopt more. This is something I am thinking about.