mrsgraham91

Jamaica US Embassy

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am looking for assistance from anyone who has gone through or is going through the process of setting up the interview and medical exam for JA USE. My fiancè hasn't received pkg 3 but was sent an email with what is needed. I'm confused in regards to the appointment letter which is needed for the medical exam which has to be at least 10 days before the interview but u don't get the appointment letter until u setup ur interview. So if anyone can shed some light as to how thet completed this portion, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh and what it the letter of intent to marriage?

Thank you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You will both need to write letters saying that you will marry within 90 days of entry.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520431-packet-3-check-list-as-of-october-10-2014-for-jamaica/

this wil help you with your first question.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In the email it tells you to complete the DS-160 and then scan the bio info page from his passport and the receipt number from DS-160 and email it to the embassy.

Once you get your interview letter then you can schedule medical appt. They are telling you ten days because people do not call and schedule appt when they get interview date.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Oh ok.....the email I got included a checklist of all documents needed which he has most of them. But It didn't mention the part about emailing the info from passport and DS-160 so thanks for that. It did give me a link to register and pay the fee which I did. So will they send the appointment ltr with scheduled interview since payment has been received or after DS-160 and passport info is emailed? Oh does anyone know the cost of exam?

Very helpful information. Thank you.

Timeline

Now the email the embassy sent me said I had to go to their wedsite to pay fee then schedule interview. But the link I just went to above says to pay on day of interview. Oh well it paid now. But they need to be consistant with info.

Timeline

I am also totally confused because my packet 3 gave a link where to pay the fee online and set a interview date.. Someone please help us...

AOS From K-1

Date Filed :

2015-06-09

NOA Date : 2015-06-17

Bio. Appt. : 2016-06-06

Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Card Received : 2015-08-21

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”

Timeline

I am also totally confused because my packet 3 gave a link where to pay the fee online and set a interview date.. Someone please help us...

See that is exactly what I'm saying. The link given here had all the same documents required as in the email from the embassy but it doesn't say anything about emailing the confirmation page of ds-160 and passport page. And it gives the link to pay and schedule interview...but once u pay it says not to continue if u haven't gotten ur appointment letter because u aren't scheduling an intetview ur registering the one given to u. And this is the checklist the embassy sent me in email that is included in the packet. So I have sent them an email to see how we get the appointment letter with our interview date.

Timeline

Ok. Let us know when u get a reply.. I was thinking to email them also. They may take a week to reply but I will not do anything until I understand completely what to do. It would be great if we can schedule our own interview date tho. :)

AOS From K-1

Date Filed :

2015-06-09

NOA Date : 2015-06-17

Bio. Appt. : 2016-06-06

Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Card Received : 2015-08-21

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”

Timeline

Ok. Let us know when u get a reply.. I was thinking to email them also. They may take a week to reply but I will not do anything until I understand completely what to do. It would be great if we can schedule our own interview date tho. :)

Yes it would.....I was all excited too because I was going to schedule it for Nov 21st and then plan to buy his plane ticket for Dec 5th. But with them scheduling it who knows.

I will keep u posted to what they say.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes it would.....I was all excited too because I was going to schedule it for Nov 21st and then plan to buy his plane ticket for Dec 5th. But with them scheduling it who knows.

I will keep u posted to what they say.

Please don't purchase a plane ticket before he has his visa in his hand.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiancè who is in Kingston, completed the DS 160 on Thursday Oct 30 even though he has yet to receive a packet 3. I gave him instructions I got from visajourney. He emailed them the confirmation number and passport copy and they sent the automated response email. It said that he should receive an email within 5 days. It also stated that beginning March 2013 they only accept visa fee paid in person on date of interview. Its very frustrating to read all kinds of different instructions but I guess we should know thats typical Jamaican govt format LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.