We Keep Receipts

This school district lets seniors pose with guns

129 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sure, if a person so desired they could photograph themselves naked and hogtied with an apple in their mouth.

I'm just not convinced it would be the best choice for a school photo.

I could be wrong.

it would sell a lot of year books

Sure, if a person so desired they could photograph themselves naked and hogtied with an apple in their mouth.

I'm just not convinced it would be the best choice for a school photo.

I could be wrong.

Well, it's not something I would do, to be sure. But to each his (her) own, eh?

Gotta vote more strongly against the apple pic over the gun pic, however.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I would not say it is demented but it certainly is completely out of place. Guns should not be treated as fashion accessories. Guns should be treated as weapons - which is precisely what they are - and not flaunted in public as statement pieces no matter how inbred one's family tree is.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would not say it is demented but it certainly is completely out of place. Guns should not be treated as fashion accessories. Guns should be treated as weapons - which is precisely what they are - and not flaunted in public as statement pieces no matter how inbred one's family tree is.

Do you realize hunting is a sport that is very popular in the United States as well as other countries including countires in Europe? They are holding hunting rifles and shotguns, not AR15 or AK47 rifles. I dont see any difference than a kid holding a football or a tennis racquet. If American culture offends you so much than why do you live here?

Do you realize hunting is a sport that is very popular in the United States as well as other countries including countires in Europe? They are holding hunting rifles and shotguns, not AR15 or AK47 rifles. I dont see any difference than a kid holding a football or a tennis racquet. If American culture offends you so much than why do you live here?

0221JohnsonCheckered.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Personally, I don't care what props you choose to use in your portrait photo. However, I do think America should examine what messages are sent out the more you try to push away the reality of what a gun is and what it is primarily designed for. Guns are weapons that is what they are designed for and what they function as. If you happen to have won a deal of marksmanship contests for your school, I can see why you might want to bring that into the context of a school photo, but other than that, it makes you wonder what message the kid is trying to send out. I certainly would question the emotional maturity of someone that felt that having a gun in a photograph was a requirement even if you had no specific marksmanship skills to speak of.

I don't think it's a good idea to question a person's motives for living wherever they live if they are legally resident. It's basically none of your business, it's not like there is a requirement to own guns in the US, or approve of anything to do with guns or weapons so whatever a persons views on the issues are is irrelevant to their living arrangements.

Some people don't think being armed is a daily requirement to live. They're no less American than you are.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Some people don't think being armed is a daily requirement to live. They're no less American than you are.

I must have missed the banner behind the photos of the kids in the pictures saying they required arms to live. I didn't see any tubes or anything connected intravenously between the kids and the guns either.

Timeline

I don't think it's a good idea to question a person's motives for living wherever they live if they are legally resident. It's basically none of your business, it's not like there is a requirement to own guns in the US, or approve of anything to do with guns or weapons so whatever a persons views on the issues are is irrelevant to their living arrangements.

And it's none of your business or anyone elses if a kid wants to be in a picture holding something that is used in their sport.

I must have missed the banner behind the photos of the kids in the pictures saying they required arms to live. I didn't see any tubes or anything connected intravenously between the kids and the guns either.

I'm talking about the folks here who need to have a gun to live. I don't have an issue with hunting pictures, but a gun is a weapon first and foremost. To say it's the same thing as a football or tennis racquet is a bit of a stretch.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Couldn't agree more, or, wait....

alg-naked1.jpg

Guns and Booze, NICE!...and they aren't 'Murican? What?

Oh the British are such gun nutters.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/british-women-strike-naked-poses-calendar-honor-friend-article-1.1169084

agree 100%, the difference is I don't try to interfere with their right to not be armed

agree 100%, the difference is I don't try to interfere with their right to not be armed

Sorry, I think there are people who don't deserve the right to be armed. They lack the emotional maturity and the sound logic needed to operated firearms.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I feel deeply sorry for anyone who believes American culture can be reduced to guns alone, when our country has a wealth to offer in that realm. I feel deeply sorry if you believe criticism to my own country should indicate I should consider moving elsewhere.

Apparently one can take tovarich out of motherland but one can't take motherland out of tovaorich, yes?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org