The Nature Boy

Happy Birthday To Great Britain's Increasingly Scandalous National Health Service

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm not sure why a Brit's opinion on anything American is all that valid, but it sure doesn't stop them from posting their drivel here, now does it?

I am pretty sure what you just posted is a violation. You might wish to think again about how you phrase your criticism.

I'm not sure why a Brit's opinion on anything American is all that valid, but it sure doesn't stop them from posting their drivel here, now does it?

You should have said Old white Brit's. You might be in trouble

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

fundamentally changed and they don't call it socialized either, I wonder why?

They also don't use the term 'big govment' very much either☺

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

I am pretty sure what you just posted is a violation. You might wish to think again about how you phrase your criticism.

I'm pretty sure it's not. But thanks for the suggestion, Cleo.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I don't know, Brit's much like us Irish, tend to travel outside our own borders a lot more than Americans, and hence have greater real world experience to call upon, when forming opinions on such matters. Edited by InKorea

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm pretty sure it's not. But thanks for the suggestion, Cleo.

I am not going to continue down this extremely dubious path. If you have anything to say about the topic, fine, otherwise leave me out of whatever silliness you are indulging in. I am not interested.

You might want to steer clear of this kind of negative pot stirring.

Dang, it's almost like ole cLEO wants to be a mod suddenly!!

I am not going to continue down this extremely dubious path. If you have anything to say about the topic, fine, otherwise leave me out of whatever silliness you are indulging in. I am not interested.

Good. I look forward to you not quoting my posts from now on.

Dang, it's almost like ole cLEO wants to be a mod suddenly!!

Good. I look forward to you not quoting my posts from now on.

I ignore, but can see when you quote.

By God Ol' chap I do believe the she was threatening me. Now I am scared. That sounded like i mod, I would highly suggest etc etc LOL

I'm an American who lived in the UK for 12 years. I had great care on the NHS, and I'd hazard to say it was superior in many regards to the care I have received here as an adult. When I moved back to the US, I had NO insurance for a long time. I had pre-existing conditions that made insurance prohibitively expensive, so I pretty much just crossed my fingers and winged it. It led to some lasting health effects, because I couldn't afford to get the care I needed. When I did visit a doctor to deal with this issue, she misdiagnosed me and my condition actually worsened. Meanwhile, she was trying to railroad me into using a medication that I was reluctant to use because of cost, and because of very serious side effects. I ended up having the health issue dealt with when I ended up having to get emergency care due to a miscarriage. Turns out I could have had the issue dealt with if the original doctor had listened to me. I get to live with the results of this BS for the rest of my life, because some shitforbrains was more focused on $$$$$$ than on me. Yay.

I now have awesome insurance through my employer that I don't pay for. I am thankful for this. But how frickin' pathetic is it that I have to be grateful for health care? I'm sorry, f^ck the US and its BS "system" that lines the pockets of companies at the expense of the people. As someone who's used both systems, I know which one I prefer, and it ain't this one.

Edited by Barack 0bola

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Those Americans that make fun of any healthcare system of any other industrialized nation in the world simply show just how ignorant they really are. There is no health care system in the industrialized world that is less efficient than that of the United States of America. We pay the most to get the least. Plain and simple.

Wrong, as usual. We may pay the most, but we also get the most.

I'm an American who lived in the UK for 12 years. I had great care on the NHS, and I'd hazard to say it was superior in many regards to the care I have received here as an adult. When I moved back to the US, I had NO insurance for a long time. I had pre-existing conditions that made insurance prohibitively expensive, so I pretty much just crossed my fingers and winged it. It led to some lasting health effects, because I couldn't afford to get the care I needed. When I did visit a doctor to deal with this issue, she misdiagnosed me and my condition actually worsened. Meanwhile, she was trying to railroad me into using a medication that I was reluctant to use because of cost, and because of very serious side effects. I ended up having the health issue dealt with when I ended up having to get emergency care due to a miscarriage. Turns out I could have had the issue dealt with if the original doctor had listened to me. I get to live with the results of this BS for the rest of my life, because some shitforbrains was more focused on $$$$$$ than on me. Yay.

I now have awesome insurance through my employer that I don't pay for. I am thankful for this. But how frickin' pathetic is it that I have to be grateful for health care? I'm sorry, f^ck the US and its BS "system" that lines the pockets of companies at the expense of the people. As someone who's used both systems, I know which one I prefer, and it ain't this one.

As I told little bark bark. I totally agree. I don't agree with your F the US. We need to do some work on our health care agree, but that is uncalled for .

As I told little bark bark. I totally agree. I don't agree with your F the US. We need to do some work on our health care agree, but that is uncalled for .

You may disagree with me, but as a person who has actually experienced both systems, I am perfectly content to say f^ck the US health care system. It needs to be replaced. It is not fit for purpose.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes, they are. In any number of health care quality indicators, the US lags behind her peers. We're leading in none. Except cost - the single one indicator where you don't want to be first.

davis_mirror_2014_es1_for_web.jpg?h=511&

If you knew even the first thing about medicine you would understand that these numbers are meaningless. Junk science. How do they determine "effective" care? "Safe" care? And "Equity"??? Give me a break. It is subjective nonsense, not based on anything scientific. The only thing useful in that table is health care expenditures per capita. Real quality of care is extremely difficult to measure by any standards, even by so-called experts.