Abbumimapa

July 2014 Non-Filipino TSC Filers

1,314 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I spoke to tier 2 agent as well yesterday and I was told the same thing that I'm just waiting to be looked at and that it should take 2-3 weeks but background checks are done... I'm praying it is only 2-3 weeks only ???

I called USCIS and waited 2 and 1/2 hours on hold to speak to a Tier 2 Officer......I got the best news ever!! He said that everything was normal my case was looked at on Nov 14, and it is now in a queue to be looked at by an adjudicator. It will be a few weeks before I know anything (Approval!!)!! that is such a relief...the best 2 1/2 hr wait since I started this process!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Finally got call back from Tier 1. He said everything is in order and won't be asked for more documents or proof. They have done everything. But I should expect the 'approval in mid to late January. Not a nice guy and was kind of unhappy.

:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I just asked to speak to a tier 2 officer because I can't get any information on my case online or from any one else. The customer rep said okay just one moment I will transfer you....2 1/2 hrs on hold I got my answers.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Does anyone think our case to be delayed IF gov shut down that's looming

I am assuming it will be delayed. I heard of someone who's GC was delayed by the last shutdown so she ended up waiting a whole year for it.

Timeline

I called USCIS and waited 2 and 1/2 hours on hold to speak to a Tier 2 Officer......I got the best news ever!! He said that everything was normal my case was looked at on Nov 14, and it is now in a queue to be looked at by an adjudicator. It will be a few weeks before I know anything (Approval!!)!! that is such a relief...the best 2 1/2 hr wait since I started this process!!!

I called Monday and spoke to a Tier 2 agent and they told me similar news that my background checks were completed and that an adjudicator should have my case in 2-3 weeks, I called again today and spoke to 2 different tier 2 agents and they told me that they don't have access on any information regarding background checks and that they don't understand how I was given that information so now I don't know who to believe im still praying that the tier 2 agent I spoke to on Monday is the one with the correct info ad the jerk I spoke to today. you should call and ask for a tier 2 agent again and speak to a different one and see if they give you the same information. because according to the agent I spoke to today they are not allowed nor have access to background checks information. lets be positive and pray that is only a few more weeks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If I am not mistaken, Tier 2 agents are actual immigration officers - why wouldn't they have access to background check information? Beyond that, it isn't as though they told you anything other than 'it was completed'. Maybe there is a check box or something.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

My fellow TSC filers... it was a tough day for two of us, too. She cried most of the day while I checked for the case status tens of times. Also called USCIS and tier 1 told me I should be able to see the case status by Monday and they didn't transfer me to tier 2. But we all know that until NOA2 the only thing consistent is the inconsistency. The reality of life is that we are waiting for this approval and our lives are put on hold until that. After so much research, I have come to realize that no matter you speak to tier 1 or 2 no one will push your case forward. It stays where it is and one day that text,email is going to make us forget all this pain as we'd rush to gather documents and get ready for next steps. LOVEINGHANA, MEGAN&LUKE, ADDISABEBA, BALABREDA05, and my lovely fiancee. .. let's all stay strong and keep supporting each.

Timeline

Yea i thought they were agents too but the person I spoke said the "tier 2" agent I spoke to on Monday had no way of telling me that my background checks were completed and that I should have an answer before the year is over because they are at a call center, I don't know I'm just more confused now than ever I sure hope we start getting something before the end of this year

If I am not mistaken, Tier 2 agents are actual immigration officers - why wouldn't they have access to background check information? Beyond that, it isn't as though they told you anything other than 'it was completed'. Maybe there is a check box or something.

Timeline

My fellow TSC filers... it was a tough day for two of us, too. She cried most of the day while I checked for the case status tens of times. Also called USCIS and tier 1 told me I should be able to see the case status by Monday and they didn't transfer me to tier 2. But we all know that until NOA2 the only thing consistent is the inconsistency. The reality of life is that we are waiting for this approval and our lives are put on hold until that. After so much research, I have come to realize that no matter you speak to tier 1 or 2 no one will push your case forward. It stays where it is and one day that text,email is going to make us forget all this pain as we'd rush to gather documents and get ready for next steps. LOVEINGHANA, MEGAN&LUKE, ADDISABEBA, BALABREDA05, and my lovely fiancee. .. let's all stay strong and keep supporting each.

Your message was very touching, kind and supportive, thank you!

Everything about USCIS is unpredictable. You are so right it doesn't matter who we talk to they give us no secure answers. When our cases are up for approval...we will get the text or email that will change our lives forever. I try so hard to stay positive and look at this journey as another hurtle which we will over come. My Fiancé is so calm and he waits so patiently. I miss him so much, some days are almost unbearable. However, I get up every morning (walking dead until coffee...haha) check my status and start my day with prayers that today will be the day for approval. I am blessed to have a wonderful support team as I do on here! I will stay strong and support each and everyone of you!!!

event.png

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for those kind words.. I am sorry this is very rough on your fiance, I can understand how she feels. Checking your status over and over feels... progressive, at least for a moment, until you realize that it just ends up making you depressed. I completely agree about putting our lives on hold. This process is by no means easy or a small thing - it is a huge change in the lives of two people and without the ability to plan.. well, it's chaos.

My fiance and I cycle through propping each other up. I fretted the first months, he is feeling the pressure the last few months. We alternate between one being optimistic while the other wallows. Being at TSC hasn't done much to help what is already a stressful process. My notice date was July 8, and beginning this coming Tuesday, December 9, USCIS will be receiving a phone call from me daily inquiring about my case. Whether or not I hear anything different won't matter because I will continue to call. They can tell me I can't file an inquiry until our case has hit 6 months until they turn blue in the face. If everyone waited 6 months I could swallow it. With CSC waiting less than a month my patience has worn thin. I have had it with illegal immigration reform, non-digitized records, discrepancies, forms, paying money that goes nowhere, useless service centers, oblivious phone agents, seemingly endless expedited approvals, incorrectly done timelines, two month old official processing times, website screw-ups, and waiting.

My letters have gone out to my Senator and Congressman for Pennsylvania and I will follow up. It's unfortunate that the June and July filers have to deal with two major things this time of year.

1. Holiday slowdowns and workers who spend more time planning Christmas parties and online shopping (as does everyone government or not.. lol)

2. Had TSC been faster, we might have had our fiance's (oops, then husbands and wives!) here for the holidays. Instead, we anticipate an approval which is a lovely Christmas present, but it doesn't change the 3,000+ mile difference between us for the holidays.

The upside is that this will be, for most of us, the last Christmas and New Years we will spend without them. I feel like the time will come that we get that text, email, letter or case update and feel at once relieved, shattered and panicky. I am guilty of this, and I am sure others will admit it, I have spent much more time moaning and crying over the wait and less time preparing for when Luke moves here. I just wish to get this step over with. I feel like I have no control and it's an endless "maybe some day?" game because we have no actual answers on timeframe.

Good luck to everyone and I hope for speedy approvals!

(edited to remove a bunch of empty lines :()

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

(...) The upside is that this will be, for most of us, the last Christmas and New Years we will spend without them.

This is exactly what we keep telling ourselves, too. Next year we'll have all the holidays, all the birthdays etc together. Hopefully... We're hoping for a late January approval and a quick NVC/embassy process, but after all that I have to give 3 months notice for my job and apartment. :clock:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know that we are just at the waiting stage of things. Instead of working on a design for a gallery (I'm in college) my mind wonders. I see this USCIS conveyer belt (think Sushi A GO GO type system) and these files chug around and around by a pit of reviewers sitting at their WWII era metal desks. The room has a brownish hue with visible dust particles dancing under low hanging lights. As an adjudicator finishes a file they grab another as it passes by. . . very difficult to stay on task with your life hanging in balance.

I come back to task by reminding myself that this is a very small portion of what is to come in our married lives. The second my children were born I forgot the moments leading up to their births - to have them in my life - I wouldn't think twice about doing it again. I have to believe this will be the same. Once I am joining him for our pre wedding party in Ireland I will have trouble remembering the longing and irrational worry I am feeling right now.

Wishing everyone the Merriest and Happiest of whatever your traditions are at this time of year. I hope we all receive the best gift ever, very soon!

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Timeline

Lorvin, great visual imagery, loved it!!!

I wish you and your family the most wonderful and happy holiday. I do pray we all get the best gift ever this month!!

event.png

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

NOA-2 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.