AmandaLane102

Documents for NVC vs. Interview??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Namibia
Timeline

Hi all,

Not there yet, just looking ahead because obtaining original documents in Namibia is a PAIN. But I am reading that for example an original long form birth certificate, original marriage certificate and police clearance need be provided to NVC . . . AND at the interview??????? How does this work? We only have ONE original of each, so if we send them to NVC how are we also expected to have them on hand at the interview? Do they get sent to the consulate abroad before our interview? Because our mail is extremely unreliable so if they post it to us, we will never get it back. Please advise :(

06.21.13 : Met in Namibia

06.21.14 : Married in Namibia (L)

USCIS

• 10.11.14 : Submitted I-130 via DHL from Namibia to Chicago Lockbox
  • 10.15.14 : Petition Received (according to online case status)
  • 10.20.14 : NOA1 (received initially via e-mail); Case Transferred to California Service Center
  • 10.31.14 : NOA2 (received initially via e-mail); Case Transferred to NVC (11 days from NOA1)

NVC

• 12.11.14 : Case # and IIN # received from NVC via e-mail
  • 12.11.14 : DS-261 Choice of Agent Form Generated (notified via e-mail) & Submitted
  • 12.11.14 : AOS Fee Invoice Generated (notified via e-mail)
  • 12.24.14 : AOS Fee Paid
  • 01.13.15 : IV Fee Invoice Generated (notified via e-mail)
  • 01.24.15 : IV Fee Paid

*** Intentionally Delayed Further Submission ***

• 09.26.15 : DS-260 Submitted
  • 10.20.15 : AOS & IV Packages Submitted
  • 10.22.15: AOS & IV Packages Received by NVC (scan date)
  • 12.2.15: Cased Closed at NVC - Received Interview Date for January 14

EMBASSY

• 12.18.15: Medical Completed in Johannesburg

*** Intentionally Delayed Interview ***

• 01.20.16: New Interview Date Scheduled for March 17
  • 03.14.16 & 03.15.16: New Medical Completed (First one would expire before our preferred date of entry!)
  • 03.17.16 Interview in Johannesburg - successful!
  • 04.02.16 Visa received (Expires 9/14/16)
  • 07.11.16 USCIS ELIS fee paid
  • 08.26.16 Date of Entry (POE Boston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

you send copies o the NVC and keep the originals. When it's time for interview make copies again and take both copies and originals. at the interview give copies unless the officer asks for originals, thats when you hand originals. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Namibia
Timeline

you send copies o the NVC and keep the originals. When it's time for interview make copies again and take both copies and originals. at the interview give copies unless the officer asks for originals, thats when you hand originals. Good luck.

Oooh, yikes this is not what I have read or been told previously. Everyone I've spoken to has said that NVC requires original documents and NOT copies - it's on their website as well. . . . can anyone else chime in regarding this?

06.21.13 : Met in Namibia

06.21.14 : Married in Namibia (L)

USCIS

• 10.11.14 : Submitted I-130 via DHL from Namibia to Chicago Lockbox
  • 10.15.14 : Petition Received (according to online case status)
  • 10.20.14 : NOA1 (received initially via e-mail); Case Transferred to California Service Center
  • 10.31.14 : NOA2 (received initially via e-mail); Case Transferred to NVC (11 days from NOA1)

NVC

• 12.11.14 : Case # and IIN # received from NVC via e-mail
  • 12.11.14 : DS-261 Choice of Agent Form Generated (notified via e-mail) & Submitted
  • 12.11.14 : AOS Fee Invoice Generated (notified via e-mail)
  • 12.24.14 : AOS Fee Paid
  • 01.13.15 : IV Fee Invoice Generated (notified via e-mail)
  • 01.24.15 : IV Fee Paid

*** Intentionally Delayed Further Submission ***

• 09.26.15 : DS-260 Submitted
  • 10.20.15 : AOS & IV Packages Submitted
  • 10.22.15: AOS & IV Packages Received by NVC (scan date)
  • 12.2.15: Cased Closed at NVC - Received Interview Date for January 14

EMBASSY

• 12.18.15: Medical Completed in Johannesburg

*** Intentionally Delayed Interview ***

• 01.20.16: New Interview Date Scheduled for March 17
  • 03.14.16 & 03.15.16: New Medical Completed (First one would expire before our preferred date of entry!)
  • 03.17.16 Interview in Johannesburg - successful!
  • 04.02.16 Visa received (Expires 9/14/16)
  • 07.11.16 USCIS ELIS fee paid
  • 08.26.16 Date of Entry (POE Boston)

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

all original are retuned to you in the actual interview at the consulate, Copies will not be accepted by the NVC, and they will ask you for originals so you are better of sending them from the beginning instead of time taken for them to reply and then you resend the dox again

Good Luck..

FYI , first thing that happened on the interview was that they gave me back all the originals after cross checking them with copies provided.

Im wondering how it will be too.

I got my police clearance in Qatar and sent the Original to NVC. IDK now if the copy I have is okay with embassy during interview or I need to request another clearance for the interview.

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

Timeline

Oooh, yikes this is not what I have read or been told previously. Everyone I've spoken to has said that NVC requires original documents and NOT copies - it's on their website as well. . . . can anyone else chime in regarding this?

Definitely submit original documents and a copy of each of them to NVC. Make extra copies for you to keep and be able to bring them to the interview, if needed. They will give you the originals back at the interview and just keep the copies.

If you only submit copies, you will get a checklist for that and have to wait for another 60 days for NVC to review your response (i.e. the submitted original documents).

We made copies of all the originals of these kinds of docs and sent the originals in with the forms.

At the interview they handed back the originals. Even though my husband had brought copies to exchange with them, they didn't ask for them...they'd already made copies to retain in their files.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I've never read of this working, here at VJ,

as

the civil doc requirements for NVC is always 'originals' or 'certified copies of originals, certified by the issuing authority'.

OP - buried in the instructions, is that small caveat 'plus regular photocopies of all civil docs'

and there is the expectation that

IF the copies are included with the NVC submittal,

you'll get them back on interview day.

Some folk don't get anything back, but instead, if they BRING IN photocopies on interview day, and ask to exchange photocopies for originals, they get the originals back.

Expect the PCC original to be kept by the IV Unit, regardless. Can get back Marriage cert and birth certificate on interview day, but must remember to ask about it.

actually, he/she gave bad advice, 180 degrees wrong.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.