JohnE

Marriage great/wife wonderful/both of us are very happy/how about some good news for a change

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story, the thing about VJ is that the happy marriages that work out vanish into the ether because we don't need to post about them so it is only the sad stories where people need advice that we read. So sometimes it's easy to be cynical on here, especially when you read the effects of major family changes forum.

I wish you and your wife every happiness for the future :)

A lot of people that post here barely know their SO. That in and of itself is not inherently wrong. Who hasn't fallen instantly in love with someone at first sight? Nevertheless it baffles me how one thinks they could be ready to marry someone after being with them one day, one week or even one month. I am sorry, if you propose to someone you have met through skype you are just asking to get scammed.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You mean to tell me that you chose a woman based on a moral standard which is Catholic, and then married her and forced your religion on her? And now you continue to pray to a God you don't believe in for things that the bible says he won't grant anyway and use that as your proof he doesn't exist? Did you ever consider that maybe it's not God doing the bad things in the world, but us?

lol. Look up the word "nominally":

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/nominally

in a very small quantity or degree

Your vocabulary is apparently not only limited, but your reading comprehension too: because I explained in further detail that had she been more than "SLIGHTLY" Catholic, I would not have been interested in her. That SLIGHT Catholicism was strictly the last vestige of the Spanish forcing it upon the Filiipinos for several centuries.
FORCED my religion on her? Talk about hilarious. You just made that up without any basis whatsoever and in contradiction to what I actually said. She had not been to a church since she was a little girl - many, many years before I met her. Her mother FORCED her to go. Her father, like me, has no superstitions whatsoever.
No, the proof for the lack of God has little to do with his powerlessness. It is a science-based approach.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, let's keep this thread focused on individuals' positive stories. Compatibility can be sought through many paths -- religion or atheism, similarities or dissimilarities, many years' acquaintanceship or "struck by lightning," and so forth. Be happy for others and respect their stories, no matter how they ended up "bonding." Any off-topic or argumentative posts will be removed. Go ahead and post your own story if you haven't yet. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Elizabeth and John,

Nice to see great stories like yours of happy marriages, as this site is really about problem solving, It makes for pleasant reading.

I have to say my wife, Joy and I have a similar marriage, as we feel very lucky, to have this wonderful marriage, and I wass given so much help from this site, while going through the K-1 visa, at VSC. Very thankful for vj.com!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

We are doing good. We are now living on the north coast of California and loving the majestic nature in the area.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I moved to the US three months ago and I can honestly say it has been wonderful. Waking up next to my wife every morning and never having to do those awful airport goodbyes anymore is amazing. The journey to get a visa took us over 11 months and it was pretty hard on us but for the life that we have right now it was so worth it. There have been times when I've struggled to adjust to life in the US and felt homesick but my wife has been there for me every step of the way.

Of course we have our little arguments and disagreements, mostly joking ones over pronunciations and spelling, but I wouldn't change anything about our relationship for the world. It's lovely to read happy stories so please keep posting everyone :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

These stories have been really nice to read. I was also noticing at least in the past week more and more scam stories appearing here and wondered if something was in the water over in the US.

I've known my husband for 11 years and to be honest I think back then I would have jumped at the chance of marrying him after only a month of knowing him. Sometimes you just know when someone is your partner in crime for life :P

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What a great post and so nice to see :dancing: My husband and I were together for 5 years before we got married (coming up on 7 years together) and we saw each other every weekend. I was absolutely certain that I wanted to marry him. The process was long but well worth it and while things aren't perfect...we disagree over stupid day to day things but for the most part he is an amazing, funny, caring, wonderful man who spoils me rotten and I feel very blessed to have him as a life partner.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story! It made my day! :)

We do hear a lot of sad stories on VJ. I'm glad that happy stories are shard as well. We need more of that! :)

My husband and I have been on one hell of a roller coaster ride for the past 10 years (due to outside factors). We are happy to finally be together. We were aware that this process would not be easy, but in the end, it is worth it. :)

So happy for you guys! God bless!

event.png

20 Aug 2012: Got engaged! (L)

K-1 VISA

28 Jan 2013: K-1 sent

07 Feb 2013: NOA1

04 Jun 2013: NOA2

?? Jun 2013: NVC Received

20 Jun 2013: Consulate Received

?? ??? 2013: Packet 3 Requested in CDJ (Never received!)

03 Oct 2013: Interview- Requested Petitioner's presence :(

30 Oct 2013: 2nd interview- Eligible for I-601 waiver

20 Nov 2013: I-601 waiver sent

?? Apr 2014: RFE

21 Jul 2014: RFE mailed

29 Jul 2014: K-1 approved :dancing:

08 Aug 2014: 2nd med required

25 Aug 2014: CEAC status- ISSUED

28 Aug 2014: Visa arrives @ DHL

02 Sep 2014: Visa in hand

03 Sep 2014: POE- LAX

05 Sep 2014: Married! :wub:

AOS

28 Oct 2014: I-485, I-131, I-765 sent

04 Nov 2014: Case #'s for I-485, I-131, I-765 assigned

07 Nov 2014: NOA 1 arrive for I-485, I-131, I-765

12 Nov 2014: Letter for biometrics appointment arrived

25 Nov 2014: Biometrics appointment

26 Jan 2015: I-131 approved; I-765 sent to be produced

29 Jan 2015: Card mailed out

30 Jan 2015: Combo card received! :dancing:

20 Feb 2015: DMV- Written test passed! Temporary License issued (Had MXN Lic.) :)

25 Feb 2015: USCIS Letter- Possible Interview Waiver!

12 Mar 2015: CA License obtained (Passed Behind-the-wheel test) :dancing:

06 Aug 2015: GC approved! :dancing: (Welcome to U.S. letter received 8/10)

19 Aug 2015: GC received in mail (2 year Conditional Residence)

Mzcjm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Weren't you just saying in another thread you were suspicious of him cheating?

Sorry - not trying to be a drama-llama, but that's strange.

This thread was refreshing. Thanks, JohnE.

Oh Cant give up on the love we built for so long.He is a great man,a great father I wouldn't ask for more, that's why I'm so jealous of him, Cause he is the king of my heart. :wub::wub:

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

I do not know about the rest of you but it gets depressing seeing all the posts where someone was "scammed" so the love of their life can get that prized green card, they got married and the love of their life magically changed into someone they do not know, the love of their life left them and is now talking about VAWA, they found out the love of their life really had a secret lover back in their home country and once they got the green card they were going to bring that lover to the US, blah, blah, blah. I guess I could go on but I think you get the picture. Marriage is something real that real people that really know each other and want to spend the rest of their life together till death do us part so help us God desire to make that commitment. Finding someone on a web site and talking on Skype will find you in the first stage of love...Romantic Love. Hey I fully understand she/he and you experience the emotions of joy and excitement. The novelty of a new love leads you to think about your partner day and night, imagining all the possibilities of how this person can fulfill your deepest desires. You want to spend every moment of every day with your new partner in the bliss of newly discovered love. At this point (and I am sure each and everyone of you have heard) if it is too good to be true it usually is...but what a great feeling. You have to think about realistic and mature love and how the love of your life coming to the US will be thrown not only into a marriage but a complete different world from their home country.

okay I guess I will get off my soap box but I pray that everyone will step back and let common sense drive their decisions and not let emotions take control.

Elizabeth (my beautiful and wonderful wife) came from Mexico to work in the US on a TN visa. She is an accountant and we met while my company provided accounting consulting services for her company. There was zero conflict of interest when I asked her out to eat after we had known of each other almost a year. That night we sat and talked for over two hours and yes I was hooked (romantic love!). We dated for almost 6 years before I popped the question. Mind you we did not live together and simply dated. September 14th of 2013 we said I Do. I will be the first to say the whole visa process was very hard. Since we applied for a K1 visa she had to give up her TN visa and go back to Mexico City. The great news is she also had a tourist visa so was able to travel from Mexico to the US a number of times while we waited on USCIS as I also traveled from Atlanta to Mexico City a number of times. We made it through those times which made our relationship stronger. Our faith in God has been the foundation of our marriage. We have not waited for times to get bad (too late sometimes) before we try marriage counseling as we are doing that when the times are great. Our church offers a number of marriage seminars and counseling services which we have used. Those services have helped with the day to day life of being married and life itself. We do not have the perfect marriage but we are making every effort to keep our commitment to God until death do us part. Have we had a major disagreement picking out a color of paint when I painted the kitchen??? oh yes! But folks that is everyday life and what a joy it is to share it with your wife. I wanted to share some good news for a change and we will keep each and everyone of you in our prayers.

May God richly bless and keep you.

Elizabeth and John

John,

May god always bless you, your wife and your marriage. I am on the k1 visa side but often look at other forums to see the reality of the situation. I think that your faith in god and your positive attitude has gotten you this far. I hope that you have a beautiful life together-because it is a journey and yours looks like there will be a happy ending-unfortunate for others. I think it is the most difficult thing to have a long distance relationship-to know if it's real but you have to believe in something right? And more importantly we all have this "gut feeling" in our hearts. I met my fiancé in feb 2013-he is actually the nephew of my aunt (we aren't related). I went to the Philippines when my dad had a stroke and eventually passed away and he was there. We were both married to other people at the time but in bad marriages. We got to know each other over a period of a few months and he is the best thing that ever came into my life. Sure we are not perfect and we argue but we know deep down in our hearts that we love each other and if we can get through this journey together, we can make it through almost anything that life throws our way. I cannot wait to be with him (although the time apart is liking me slowly), but I believe in my heart that everything happens for a reason and everything happens in it's own time. With that being said it is with my deepest sincerity that I wish you the best of luck in your marriage and your lives together. God bless you both!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's nice to hear of happy endings! Though, I admit, part of why I come back to VJ sometimes is to read the horror stories - like a train wreck you can't look away from. Maybe I'm not right in the head...

Anyway, my husband has been here for 4 years and we're waiting on his citizenship now. We have a 1-year-old daughter and despite the struggles of becoming parents, this last year has been THE BEST in our marriage. He has blossomed into an amazing father and it is beautiful to watch them together. We were together 5 years before marrying - about half long distance, half together. We had some struggles in the first year or so after he moved over, but those are way behind us now. I love our life together. :wub:

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.