cheesecake_A+J

K1 September 2014 Filers (TSC)

3,309 posts in this topic

cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

Hi all, I just wrote again about the situation. Just an FYI, this email address is read. When I spoke to the girl on the phone she looked in email and confirmed she received my attachement (a few months back.) So.....if you want to start complaining to them......... I also emailed a few contacts.

Grrrrr on your behalf this blows. Im ticked and it's only 136 days for me.

Do you mind posting what you sent in your email I have no problem sending one in too if it helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you mind posting what you sent in your email I have no problem sending one in too if it helps.

Im not K but I PMd you what I sent :)

Anyone else want a copy PM me. Make sending an email that much quicker. And it feels nice to do something :)

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Go ahead and start one! Im just going to ask they close it!!

Lol.. Not serious :P

hahahah

I really want to create a new thread but i don't have an idea what to write. Also i am not native English speaker so I might be confusing.

I think its your time to create a new one so I can ask to close it. :rofl:

event.png

Petition received------------------- 12.22.2014

Electronic NOA1 rec. (SRC)-------- 12.24.2014

Electronic NOA2 ----------------------7/20/2015

Filed: Timeline

FWIW another way to contact the Ombudsman is by submitting request here: https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

I don't know how it is actually handled, but as with most things - the more people submit similar requests, the more it will be noticed. So, even if you are sending an email, submit a request as well. It allows you to describe your specific circumstances, and explain what is wrong with the case processing at TSC ("outside reasonable processing timeframe" and "undue burden" may come in handy).

Edited by br9k

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I submitted a request via that online form as well, they got back to me 3 some odd months later with a canned response about being within processing times.

Hey, check it out, they already wrote back to me from my email today:

Thank you for contacting the Ombudsman’s Office and sharing your concerns. We are apologetic to you.

Please be advised that your concerns have been raised to the attention of the Analyst who initially reviewed your case; however, as it appears that the processing of your case remains within normal processing times, we cannot compel USCIS to take action and/or to adjudicate your case. If you feel that your case meets the expedite criteria as outlined in the Ohata Memo, please contact USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 to initiate a service request to request expedited service.

We hope you find this information to be helpful and appreciate your continued patience. Once your case has exceeded the posted processing time, you may feel free to contact us so that we may revisit this matter.

Kind Regards,

/wm

Original text:

I filed an i-129F in November of last year.

It's clear that USCIS is currently a mess, and that you're trying to fix it (I am noting that as of March 27th, 2015 all new i-129F's are being routed to CSC, including those from states who would have normally gone to TSC.) I know this from reliable data from visajourney.com.

However, this does not help current petitions in line at TSC at all. The recent "progress updates" posted today for the TSC state that as of Feb 28, 2015, the last petition to be processed was August 23, 2014. How on Earth are they so far behind? How does an update as of February even make sense, when it is now mid April?

It is becoming more and more clear every day to filers. One quick glance at the forum visajourney.com's subforum for fiance visas' progress will see the havoc the grossly disproportionate processing times between California and Texas have caused.

The pain us Texas filers are having to suffer, a wait for NOA2 that is now predicted to be over 210 days (While California's average hangs out in the 20s) is UNACCEPTABLE.

I plead with you, beg of you that you do something to help August/September/October/November (and beyond) filers, who have now waited 8, 7, 6, and 5 months, respectively, and continue to wait.

The Texas Service center is clearly a disorganized pig sty, and the people in charge should really be ashamed of themselves. They are doing US citizens, who are trying to bring their loved ones here the LEGAL and RIGHT way, a HUGE disservice.

Thank you for reading,

My second reply....

With all due respect, I did not ask for my case to be looked at or expedited.

I am asking something be done to re-establish even a hint of organization within the Texas Service Center. They claim they are currently working on August, but on visajourney.com you can see there have been several approvals on applications from November and even December. How is it that petitions become so out of order? There are still people from August and September who have been waiting well over 200 days.

I can understand discrepancies between the CSC and TSC, but is there nothing you can do to address petitions being adjunctatated so grossly out of order under the same roof?

Me right now: :dead::blink::rofl:

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I submitted a request via that online form as well, they got back to me 3 some odd months later with a canned response about being within processing times.

Me right now: :dead::blink::rofl:

Stef, William got a similar reply today in response to what I believe was the same form of complaint you submitted three months ago. We sat on the phone and laughed about it too, earlier this evening. I do admit though, and we agreed on this, it would not have been funny had we not received our approval before getting this response.

Lee

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Stef, the ombudsman's office will simply shrug and say we are a forum, that's like unreliable social media nonsense like twitter or something. We don't exist. It's seriously funny, if the President couldn't put the fire under their backsides to get them to fix it (well.. kind of only barely half address the problem), it really makes me wonder what's going on in this part of the government bureaucracy. :rofl::devil:

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

I cannot believe it! WE GOT APPROVED!!

I just received a text that our case had been updated . I am so ecstatic! I feel like I am dreaming, it is unbelievable :)

I am jumping with joy, my heart cannot stop racing.

Goodluck to all of you my friends!

Edited by AJ02

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

congrats. i was going to chime in today and tell everyone not to fret too much about the Aug 23 date but I felt it wasn't appropriate. Well, in light of this recent approval above, I must say that August and September filers will continue to be approved over the coming weeks regardless of what the USCIS website says. Don't let that Aug 23 date stress you out too much.

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Omg !!! We were approved !

we received the text and email at 11:00 pm

I have been a lurker on this site literally everyday. You guys have helped me through tears of frustration ... some have given me amazing laughs.

I would really like to say thank you and good luck! It will be your turn soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

whats with all the people getting approved and having no timeline information???? it would be nice to know the NOA1 dates for reference...

K-1 Timeline

09/15/14 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/14 - NOA1 Text Message
05/04/15 - NOA2 Text message - Approved
09/15/15 - Interview Montreal [221(g) given for missing ORIGINAL Birth Certificate]
09/15/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Sept 15th
11/13/15 - Sent missing document via Loomis to Montreal
11/16/15 - Loomis Tracking shows delivered
11/19/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 19th
11/21/15 - Ceac Status shows READY for Nov 21st [Case Creation Date updated to Nov 21st]
11/25/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 25th
11/30/15 - VISA Issued !!!!!
12/07/15 - VISA in hand

AOS Timeline

03/26/16 - Mailed AOS Package
04/03/16 - USCIS Received
05/04/16 - Biometrics Done
05/07/16 - RFE Received (I-864 Joint Sponsor Documentation)
06/28/16 - EAD/AP Approved

07/11/16 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!! / No Interview :dance:
07/13/16 - 2 Year Conditional Green Card arrived in mail

Mistery solved. I got my RFE letter today (I got the txT last Wednesday). They require proof of intent to marry. Specifically they want an original statement of the beneficiary saying that he will marry me within 90 days of entrance to the U.S. I attached a similar statement to my original application form but I did not know that I needed two of them. Anyway, it does not seem a big roadblock.

They also suggested any wedding announcements, or reservation of a wedding hall, or correspondence in which we specifically address that issue. We do not have any of those.

Instead My fiancé is hand writing a letter, in simple English, ( we communicate in Spanish only, but he has enough knowledge on English to write the statement), then he will mail it to me so that I can mail it to TSC. It is going to take several days more but we have faith that in the end we will get the approval... And then get to the second stage in the Dom Rep US consulate.

I am going to search in the VJ's files and see if the are others who got the same RFE

Good luck to all of you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I cannot believe it! WE GOT APPROVED!!

I just received a text that our case had been updated . I am so ecstatic! I feel like I am dreaming, it is unbelievable :)

I am jumping with joy, my heart cannot stop racing.

Goodluck to all of you my friends!

Congrats!

Omg !!! We were approved !

we received the text and email at 11:00 pm

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Mistery solved. I got my RFE letter today (I got the txT last Wednesday).

They also suggested any wedding announcements, or reservation of a wedding hall, or correspondence in which we specifically address that issue. We do not have any of those.

Does this not just irk you? You really have to turn your head into a brain-contortionist to follow their rules.

They tell you over and over that you are under no circumstances, to make wedding or travel plans until you have your visa. Then they ask if you have evidence of a reservation for a venue. They tell you they want evidence of you spending time together, but then they make it stressful, difficult (or impossible for some) to even visit.

They want you to prove that you have a certain level of income or capital and then leave you hanging for nearly a year, due to incompetent case load management so that sending mail, gifts or buying air tickets drains you of any resources you had to begin with .....

At least you know what it is, and that it's easy to fix. Wishing you a speedy approval once you reply to your RFE. Remember to triple check the instructions for how to send it back :)

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.