lostinblue

White House says it has Ebola virus under control

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Arkansas congressmen ask Obama to ban travel to US from Ebola-plagued countries Posted By Leslie Newell Peacock on Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM

i read that as Arkansas congressmen ask Obama to travel to Ebola-plagued countries

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I just told you I don't think anyone other than this guy, and probably not even him, are going to die. We should shut the borders countries with outbreaks of the flu as it certainly kills more Americans than Ebola and is far more contagious.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2013-2014/bigpi39.htm

The patient, it seems, is not faring so well. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29493759

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

On the positive side, none of the people that had contact with "patient zero" have yet shown symptoms of Ebola. It would appear that this case remains contained.

To my conservative friends - it's okay now, you don't have to be afraid. Go ahead and unlock that bunker door and get a whiff of fresh air this weekend. You may now store your tin foil as well - don't put it too far away, I have a feeling you'll need it again in the very near future. The right wing echo chamber is working up the next outrage campaign as I type this.

U.S. CDC: Many inquiries about possible Ebola cases, no new infections

(Reuters) - U.S. health officials have fielded inquiries about as many as 100 potential cases of Ebola since the first patient with the deadly virus was detected in the country, but no new infections have been identified, a senior health official said on Saturday.

Dr Thomas Frieden, director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said news of the Ebola patient in Dallas has raised the awareness of hospitals nationwide to check incoming patients for potential risks, particularly those who have recently traveled from the epicenter of the outbreak in West Africa.

CDC has identified nine people who have had contact with the Dallas patient and therefore may have been exposed to the virus, an additional 40 are being monitored as potential contacts. None have shown symptoms.