jjbandero

B2 Visa Denied

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I wasn't sure if I should have posted in the work visa for tourist visa category, so administrators please move this if this is the wrong place. Thank you.

An Australian friend of mine was on a H1B, earlier in July of this year she has decided to resign and return to Australia, however, prior to her departure, she wanted to travel around the US and after getting advice applied for a B2 visa. She recently received notification that her B2 visa was denied, my questions are:

• Can she appeal the decision?
  • How quickly will she needs to leave the US?
  • Has she accumulated any unlawful overstays since her H1B would have expired on her last day of employment in early July?
  • Can she possibly use the Visa Waiver Program? The issue is that she has been living here for some time and quite a lot of things to pack up and other things to take care of

Many thanks

Hello all,

I wasn't sure if I should have posted in the work visa for tourist visa category, so administrators please move this if this is the wrong place. Thank you.

An Australian friend of mine was on a H1B, earlier in July of this year she has decided to resign and return to Australia, however, prior to her departure, she wanted to travel around the US and after getting advice applied for a B2 visa. She recently received notification that her B2 visa was denied, my questions are:

• Has she accumulated any unlawful overstays since her H1B would have expired on her last day of employment in early July?
  • Can she possibly use the Visa Waiver Program? The issue is that she has been living here for some time and quite a lot of things to pack up and other things to take care of

Many thanks

She can't appeal for B-2 visa denial.

Out of my curiosity, I might be slow today, how did she apply B-2 visa if she still in the US? I believe she needs to attend the interview in the US embassy in Australia.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

You can adjust from H1B to B2 in US. Thats what I did back in 2013.

Oh, okay. Thank you for the info. I had feeling that what she did. But, the OP did not mention about adjust from one visa to another.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello all,

Many thanks

Denied is because she overstay in the US with her H1B visa (which expired early Jul).

12.15.2009 - Meet through online games, he is my Hero star_smile.gif

02.14.2010 - Dating

12.22.2010 - First meet@London (My first white Christmas)

[Long.distance: Skype, Whatsapp, Messenger, eCard, eGifts]

12.29.2011 - He visit my parents@Kuala Lumpur

02.20.2013 - B2 Rejected crying.gif

06.19.2013 - K1 visa application documents mailed to John

12.20,2013 - Packet 3 received

05.20.2014 - Checklist and DS-230 sent

06.25.2014 - Packet 4 (Appointment letter) received

07.02.2014 - Medical Exam

07.11.2014 - Medical Exam result received

07.15.2014 - Final Interview

07.18.2014 - K1 visa secured

09.12.2014 - Landed Chicagoland

10.10.2014 - Married in Court House :content:

11.15.2014 - SSN with name changed obtained

12.08.2014 - AOS Files Sent

01.08.2015 - Bio Appointment

02.12.2015 - I-765 & I-131 approved!

02.23.2015 - Employment Authorization Card received

as1cHhSB0361800MTAwNDcxNGx8NTQ1MjgxbHxEY

as1cR2SoSf-1800MTAwMzVsfDQ1NTQ4MTlsc3xDb

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No

ASAP

Yes

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.