zuroma999

Successful DV2015 Interview

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the detailed post. My husband has his interview Dec 17 in Montreal.

One question- how many days between interview and passport back in your hands?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Hi ssastr,

I had my interview in November 6, 2014 and picked up my passport in November 11, 2014 remembrance day, very quick that was a weekend in a middle.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

What proof of education do they require for Canada as each province has its education program? What did you present? Will they accept a Bachelor's degree from a Quebec university?

They want your high school diploma.

I had my college and university degrees, but many months ago after reading these forums, realized had to also get a copy of my high school diploma from the government (which I had lost over the years).

At the interview they asked for my high school diploma and I gave them all three of my diplomas. I had paid to get my college diploma translated from french and it was amusing when they looked at it slightly confused. They kept the copies of all three anyways, but I could tell they were only interested in the high school diploma.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Timeline

Hello,

Just a quick update we applied for admission to the US today crossing the border by taking the Niagara Falls rainbow bridge, 3 hours of waiting :( before getting called to the window #7 and another 30min waiting the officer to finish the paper work, no single question was asked. He just said: now you're permenant resident of the United state, and that's was all, now the question is should I go and check if the information were sent to the SSN office (as I need the SSN number as soon as possible for my work ) to issue the card, or just just wait for how long?

Thanks,

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Just a quick update we applied for admission to the US today crossing the border by taking the Niagara Falls rainbow bridge, 3 hours of waiting :( before getting called to the window #7 and another 30min waiting the officer to finish the paper work, no single question was asked. He just said: now you're permenant resident of the United state, and that's was all, now the question is should I go and check if the information were sent to the SSN office (as I need the SSN number as soon as possible for my work ) to issue the card, or just just wait for how long?

Thanks,

Congrats on getting through the border wait and activating your permanent residency!

For me, I already had a SSN from years ago when I worked in the US. If I remember correctly, they say it takes a max of 3 weeks to get your card, so if you don't get anything by that time you can go to the nearest social security office and get your number.

I'm not sure of the process for a new one and how to follow up on it, if there is a way to check if the forms were sent to the SSN office.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Timeline

Congrats on getting through the border wait and activating your permanent residency!

For me, I already had a SSN from years ago when I worked in the US. If I remember correctly, they say it takes a max of 3 weeks to get your card, so if you don't get anything by that time you can go to the nearest social security office and get your number.

I'm not sure of the process for a new one and how to follow up on it, if there is a way to check if the forms were sent to the SSN office.

Thanks zuroma, yes part of the DV application on the DS-260 is to check the box to authorized the immigration to forward your information to the SSN office to proceed with the order of generation SSN card, but like I said I was just curious to see how many people actually checked that box and haven't received it.

Thanks again,

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would update everyone on behalf on mother in law.

She had her interview in Abu Dhabi a couple days back and it was very straight-forward.

Documents we brought:

Winning Letter

Application ( I think it's the printout of ds260, can't remember)

High School Diploma

Police Certificate from EU and UAE

Bank Statement

Medicals (my brother in law was on the application as well)

Passport Copies

Two Photographs for mother in law and brother in law)

The Whole process took about two hours. A few questions on current residence, but nothing too difficult. If the documents are in order, then it should be quite straightforward.

Good luck to everyone..... we get the passports back next week.

Cheers,

Jakarta Dream

Filed: Country: Sudan
Timeline

I thought I would update everyone on behalf on mother in law.

She had her interview in Abu Dhabi a couple days back and it was very straight-forward.

Documents we brought:

Winning Letter

Application ( I think it's the printout of ds260, can't remember)

High School Diploma

Police Certificate from EU and UAE

Bank Statement

Medicals (my brother in law was on the application as well)

Passport Copies

Two Photographs for mother in law and brother in law)

The Whole process took about two hours. A few questions on current residence, but nothing too difficult. If the documents are in order, then it should be quite straightforward.

Good luck to everyone..... we get the passports back next week.

Cheers,

Jakarta Dream

Congratulations,,,,

Thank you for sharing.

all the best to all of us.

Filed: Timeline

We have submitted our DS-260 forms on the 9th of September but so far we did not receive an email and notification about the status update. On the 12th of December we sent an email to KCC to double check if everythinkg is ok, so we got a reply that our forms are still in process and they need several weeks to process. But still no news... Our case number are extremely low but this delay is a bit strange..are there anybody else experiencing such a long DS-260 processing? Its almost 4 months we are waiting for the visa number and invitation for an interview..our case number become current right at the very start of the DV2015 process.

Edited by vyttux

We have submitted our DS-260 forms on the 9th of September but so far we did not receive an email and notification about the status update. On the 12th of December we sent an email to KCC to double check if everythinkg is ok, so we got a reply that our forms are still in process and they need several weeks to process. But still no news... Our case number are extremely low but this delay is a bit strange..are there anybody else experiencing such a long DS-260 processing? Its almost 4 months we are waiting for the visa number and invitation for an interview..our case number become current right at the very start of the DV2015 process.

4-5 months delay in the processing of forms this year has been normal.

Also you don't get scheduled as soon as they have finished processing but in the monthly scheduling round, so that may add a few weeks if you just miss a scheduling round. You will probably get notification either 2nd week of

Jan or 2nd week of Feb depending when they finish processing your forms (which includes preliminary background checks etc, it is not just rubber stamping a form).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I am in Vancouver and expecting an interview in Montreal around April / May. My documents are almost all ready. Was there anything specifically needed for the Montreal Embassy? I read the PDF on the http://travel.state.gov/website and I don't think so but I'd like to be sure! I don't think I need to create a DHL account either correct? Thank you for those who were in Montreal to reassure me!

Happy new year all!

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

I had my interview in Rio, Brazil today and was successful. I am over the moon :)

Just some feedback on the process for anyone out there about to do the interview. My husband and I arrived 50 minutes ahead of schedule, first thing in the morning. Everyone had to wait until 8am before we were let in. Mobile phones can't be brought into the consulate. There are guys outside who mind them who charge R$10 per phone.

After 8am we were brought up to a waiting area where a man helped us fill out a form and organise our documents. After that, we had to wait, then go to a counter where a lady did a very detailed check of all our documents. They didn't take any original documents such as birth certs etc, just the photocopies. I wasn't asked for a sponsor, but brought adequate evidence that showed enough money to support us for the first 18 months in the US.

Then we had to go to the cashier to pay the $330 fee. Just to note that a guy in the line only brought a credit card and had a problem, so it's probably best to take cash. Then we did the interview. The interviewer was super nice and friendly. He only asked a few questions about my education, and why we wanted to move to the US. It only took a few minutes. It was very straightforward.

Good luck to everyone else going through the process, and a massive thanks to everyone who has helped me get this far, especially SusieQQQ.

I had my interview in Rio, Brazil today and was successful. I am over the moon :)

Just some feedback on the process for anyone out there about to do the interview. My husband and I arrived 50 minutes ahead of schedule, first thing in the morning. Everyone had to wait until 8am before we were let in. Mobile phones can't be brought into the consulate. There are guys outside who mind them who charge R$10 per phone.

After 8am we were brought up to a waiting area where a man helped us fill out a form and organise our documents. After that, we had to wait, then go to a counter where a lady did a very detailed check of all our documents. They didn't take any original documents such as birth certs etc, just the photocopies. I wasn't asked for a sponsor, but brought adequate evidence that showed enough money to support us for the first 18 months in the US.

Then we had to go to the cashier to pay the $330 fee. Just to note that a guy in the line only brought a credit card and had a problem, so it's probably best to take cash. Then we did the interview. The interviewer was super nice and friendly. He only asked a few questions about my education, and why we wanted to move to the US. It only took a few minutes. It was very straightforward.

Good luck to everyone else going through the process, and a massive thanks to everyone who has helped me get this far, especially SusieQQQ.

Congratulations! When do you plan to make the big move?

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congratulations! When do you plan to make the big move?

I am pregnant, so it's complicated to move straight away. We need to figure out the whole health insurance thing before making the move, as we need to look for work. If we can secure insurance that will cover the birth and not cost the earth we will move in the next two months.If not, we may have to wait until after the baby is born. Do you know of any good sites/organisations that can help us navigate US health insurance?

Hi,

Just wanted to say YAY YIPPEE after our visa interview in LONDON. Thought I'll share how it went:

Stayed overnight in London as did not want to take a chance with train delays for a 8am appt.

Got there at 7.15am and a line was starting to form - NOTE: There are 2 lines; one for passport/citizen services and one for the visa/IV services, which is longer.

I had my wife and child, so had a big bag, which one lady said would possibly not go through, but the second sentry lady said OK. However, NO LAPTOPS allowed, so please make sure you don't bring that. I had to take it to a pharmacy down the road who store it for £3 a pop. You can take an Ipad if it has no keyboard, else that also has to be left.

Then we went through airport style security; luckily I could keep my underwear on....

So my wife and child waited whilst I went and dropped it off.

Then into the building; a large waiting hall with about 25 counters, First person took all the documents and then after a while we were called in to STANDING interview; my perception of an interview with a chair to sit on was wrong. A very nice guy who took all the originals and very nicely spoke. Everyone seemed sympathetic as my son was doing a screaming 100m around the hall, so they were excused.

Fingerprints given, asked why the US, bla bla bla and all done.

Delivery will take about a week to the courier office.

He asked why the US, and not the UK - I just smirked and kindly smiled!!!

I would also like to thank SusieQQQ, Nich-Nick, OwenLondon, and others on other threads who have helped out. I'm not sure where all you are, but hope we can meet up for a drink.

I have posted some info request on my other thread, and hope you can continue.....GO USA!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.