zuroma999

Successful DV2015 Interview

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Zuroma999,

A quick question for you did anyone in the consulate asked you for Affidavit of support (I-134)? or you just have to have enough in your back account? in that case how much is enough to cover the family of 3 persons ?

Thanks,

They asked for bank statements which I had meticulously prepped (probably went overboard, but I color laser printed a year's worth of statements, had a summary of assets, including car and computer equipment values, a point plan for how I intend to move assets down, all nicely bound and laminated with a pretty cover page - I think just the bank statements would've been enough)!

If I didn't have enough savings I'm sure they would've asked for an I-134. There is no clearly defined limit for how much savings you need to demonstrate. It depends on your work/education track record, where you intend to live, etc. People on the boards are saying $10k/person is more than enough, and others say they got through with less.

On a side note for your other post: I use www.creditkarma.com to monitor my credit score since its free.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

They asked for bank statements which I had meticulously prepped (probably went overboard, but I color laser printed a year's worth of statements, had a summary of assets, including car and computer equipment values, a point plan for how I intend to move assets down, all nicely bound and laminated with a pretty cover page - I think just the bank statements would've been enough)!

If I didn't have enough savings I'm sure they would've asked for an I-134. There is no clearly defined limit for how much savings you need to demonstrate. It depends on your work/education track record, where you intend to live, etc. People on the boards are saying $10k/person is more than enough, and others say they got through with less.

On a side note for your other post: I use www.creditkarma.com to monitor my credit score since its free.

hi zuroma,

if you dont mind, could you please let me know how to make a summary of asset, it mean that paper should be attested by someone else, i did interview, but in pending case due to financial statement not enough, in that bank statement total 15 K $, but i didnot include all my asset such as land, car, ect,

thank you

Spoiler

2009 = started to learn for DV visa

2010 = missed the chance, due to stay in the jungle,,seriously :cry:

2011 = missed the chance, due to work activity, too busy :crying:

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

01/05/2014 = website was down due to high traffic

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

26/07/2014 = submitted form DS 260.

15/08/2014 = got 2nd letter notification

27/09/2014 = medical check up done

15/10/2014 = got interview with US embassy, but case is pending

09/11/2014 = resubmit additional document

10/12/2014 = got email from US embassy to hand over all the passport

11/12/2014 = DV visa granted and printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

15/01/2015 = paid for immigration fee

16/03/2015 = landed safety in USA, POE = los angeles (LA)

31/03/2015=went back to home country

26/05/2015=come back to LA without plastic GC

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

09/07/2015= GC in hand for 10 years 

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/07/2020= Got letter for Bio metric finger print 

02/20/2020= appointment for finger print (nice date)

01/14/2021= got notification for set up interview,,hiks hiks don't know when ?

02/24/2021 = interview date and pass 

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

Timeline

hi zuroma,

if you dont mind, could you please let me know how to make a summary of asset, it mean that paper should be attested by someone else, i did interview, but in pending case due to financial statement not enough, in that bank statement total 15 K $, but i didnot include all my asset such as land, car, ect,

thank you

I didn't do anything official or notarized, just a page with graphs summarizing the health of my accounts/assets over the last year.

But it sounds like your situation is different. I don't understand why they would say $15k is not enough, as long as you had an official statement from your bank, you don't have a very large family, and have shown that you can get a job in the US (based on education and work experience).

If they didn't feel the bank statement was enough, then just preparing a page summarizing your assets may not be enough for them. You would have to include printouts supporting the value of your assets (eg appraisal of car etc).

Did they specifically mention what they wanted you to show them?

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Timeline

I didn't do anything official or notarized, just a page with graphs summarizing the health of my accounts/assets over the last year.

But it sounds like your situation is different. I don't understand why they would say $15k is not enough, as long as you had an official statement from your bank, you don't have a very large family, and have shown that you can get a job in the US (based on education and work experience).

If they didn't feel the bank statement was enough, then just preparing a page summarizing your assets may not be enough for them. You would have to include printouts supporting the value of your assets (eg appraisal of car etc).

Did they specifically mention what they wanted you to show them?

yeah,

CO gave me advice for another proof of financial asset or AOS, it is written in paper and given to me, not big family, only 3 person including me, and also i stated that my spouse and child will join later only,

me and my wife also have good educational background and work experienced, only job offer i dont have from US.

anyway, thank you for the clue,

Spoiler

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

Me and my wife we have submitted our DS forms on the 9th of september, but so far we did not get any news from KCC, our case number is current already. Just wanted to know how long does it take before they sent a letter with further information for the interview?

It takes them at least two months to process the forms, and has been as long as three months this fiscal year. Your forms have to complete processing before they will schedule you. Furthermore they only seem to do the schedules once a month, around the first week of the month for two months' time. So if you submitted Sept 9, let's say two months to process = around 9 Nov, you may just make the interviews being scheduled around that time for January. You'd probably get the notification about a week after that.

Also they don't send a letter as such, they send an email telling you that the dv site (same one you got your selection letter) has been updated, and your interview letter will be there. The emails sometimes go astray/into junk but you can just check the page using the same confirmation number you used originally.

Filed: Timeline

It takes them at least two months to process the forms, and has been as long as three months this fiscal year. Your forms have to complete processing before they will schedule you. Furthermore they only seem to do the schedules once a month, around the first week of the month for two months' time. So if you submitted Sept 9, let's say two months to process = around 9 Nov, you may just make the interviews being scheduled around that time for January. You'd probably get the notification about a week after that.

Also they don't send a letter as such, they send an email telling you that the dv site (same one you got your selection letter) has been updated, and your interview letter will be there. The emails sometimes go astray/into junk but you can just check the page using the same confirmation number you used originally.

Thank you again for your quick reply. You've been very helpful!

Timeline

zuroma999 guys

can you link me your embassy's page where required documents list are written? I am interested how Affidavit of Support is writen there, to compare to my country's embassy's web page

basically, all required document is same, but from each embassy or CO probably it will be different, i can say that is personal judgment form CO it self or opinion how CO sees the participant that he/she will become public charge in US later.

so in my case, when i finished the interview, CO gave me a piece of paper and said just complete and bring another financial evidence OR AOS. as soon as possible,

i had 3 item to be completed.

actually i attached bank statement, but it seems not enough. in my bank statement total 15 K $,

but i read in other post, CO not even asked bank statement,

be ready is better.

sorry for bad english, thats why CO not convincing ;)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

Timeline

guys

sorry, what is AOS? :unsure:

i guess affidavit of support (AOS)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

Timeline

basically, all required document is same, but from each embassy or CO probably it will be different, i can say that is personal judgment form CO it self or opinion how CO sees the participant that he/she will become public charge in US later.

so in my case, when i finished the interview, CO gave me a piece of paper and said just complete and bring another financial evidence OR AOS. as soon as possible,

i had 3 item to be completed.

actually i attached bank statement, but it seems not enough. in my bank statement total 15 K $,

but i read in other post, CO not even asked bank statement,

be ready is better.

sorry for bad english, thats why CO not convincing ;)

If I understood correctly, you are saying the CO asked for either Affidavit of Support OR more financial evidence? A bit difficult to understand what they want in terms of "another financial evidence".

Others can give more experienced opinions, but I think your options are:

1- AOS: If you know anyone in the US willing to sign the AOS and provide their financial information, this is the most certain way to get through.

2- If by "another financial evidence" they mean $15k is enough but they just didn't trust how official your bank statement looked, then I would suggest getting an official letter from your bank detailing your assets.

3- If by "another financial evidence" they mean they want to see more than $15k of assets, then get official appraisals of your car and other expensive items. It might also be useful to include a summary of how you intend to sell them when you get approved, either before or after you get to the US. In other words, showing that you are serious and have a game plan.

If you know nobody in the US and can't get an AOS, to not take any chances, I would suggest doing both (2) and (3) above, and also asking for other opinions here.

Timeline

If I understood correctly, you are saying the CO asked for either Affidavit of Support OR more financial evidence? A bit difficult to understand what they want in terms of "another financial evidence".

Others can give more experienced opinions, but I think your options are:

1- AOS: If you know anyone in the US willing to sign the AOS and provide their financial information, this is the most certain way to get through.

2- If by "another financial evidence" they mean $15k is enough but they just didn't trust how official your bank statement looked, then I would suggest getting an official letter from your bank detailing your assets.

3- If by "another financial evidence" they mean they want to see more than $15k of assets, then get official appraisals of your car and other expensive items. It might also be useful to include a summary of how you intend to sell them when you get approved, either before or after you get to the US. In other words, showing that you are serious and have a game plan.

If you know nobody in the US and can't get an AOS, to not take any chances, I would suggest doing both (2) and (3) above, and also asking for other opinions here.

yeah that is right zuroma, your understanding is correct,

and your advice no 3 is the same with my idea :), i planned to do so

now i got AOS, and ready to resubmit,

hope everything is ok,

:)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.