zuroma999

Successful DV2015 Interview

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi To All

i need your help for my situation , currently i got a baby girl since a few days , and i am Egyptian and working in Saudi , till now i did not get any alert for my interview , but as i know it is so soon , maybe after 2 weeks .

to get Birth Certificate from EGY embassy , it takes 1 month and to get a passport it takes 2 months so what should i do ? should i go to the interview without submitting any record for her ? or what ?

please advise me .

Hi To All

i need your help for my situation , currently i got a baby girl since a few days , and i am Egyptian and working in Saudi , till now i did not get any alert for my interview , but as i know it is so soon , maybe after 2 weeks .

to get Birth Certificate from EGY embassy , it takes 1 month and to get a passport it takes 2 months so what should i do ? should i go to the interview without submitting any record for her ? or what ?

please advise me .

Please don't post the same question multiple times.

Take her with if you can, but if you can't tell the interviewer about her. You will have to fill in a DS260 for her (and update your own) but you can talk to them about this at the embassy. (If you are expecting interview notification imminently it is probably too late to unlock your DS form now) You will get visas. You will obviously wait till she has a passport before you travel, you won't need a visa for her (you can get a travel letter from the embassy for the airline to confirm this), when you enter with your visas also have her birth certificate and passport and she will be processed on arrival same as you.

Sorry for my Mistake

thanks for your reply , yes i am expecting the interview in the coming 3 weeks , Yes i can take My baby with me in the interview

My questions here

1- should i update DS-260 online now , or should i wait to the interview ?

2- i am afraid that , they will disqualify me as i did not add her on my DS-260 before the interview , is it right ?

Sorry for my Mistake

thanks for your reply , yes i am expecting the interview in the coming 3 weeks , Yes i can take My baby with me in the interview

My questions here

1- should i update DS-260 online now , or should i wait to the interview ?

2- i am afraid that , they will disqualify me as i did not add her on my DS-260 before the interview , is it right ?

No, they won't disqualify you for that, so relax about that, however if your interview is that soon you should have got notification by now (and also if your file has been transferred to the embassy, which it would have been with an imminent interview, you can only make further changes to the DS at the interview anyway). When did you originally submit your DS260? And have you checked the entrant status check website for any updates? Edited by SusieQQQ

No, they won't disqualify you for that, so relax about that, however if your interview is that soon you should have got notification by now (and also if your file has been transferred to the embassy, which it would have been with an imminent interview, you can only make further changes to the DS at the interview anyway). When did you originally submit your DS260? And have you checked the entrant status check website for any updates?

My DS260 submitted at 27 May 2014 and my number is 14xxx and per bulletin ( EGY as a special case ) , FEB 12,000 MARCH 15,700

so it means that my interview most probably at FEB and i sent emails to KCC they said that my interview scheduler is under processing

Bulletin

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-february-2015.html

when i am checking the site http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

still there is no update " You have been randomly selected for further ....."

Question here , i finished DS260 and appears "completed" status and i am preparing my documents these days , there is any step should i do on internet ? any form i have to fill ? or just i have to wait till getting notification ?

My DS260 submitted at 27 May 2014 and my number is 14xxx and per bulletin ( EGY as a special case ) , FEB 12,000 MARCH 15,700

so it means that my interview most probably at FEB and i sent emails to KCC they said that my interview scheduler is under processing

Bulletin

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-february-2015.html

when i am checking the site http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.

still there is no update " You have been randomly selected for further ....."

Question here , i finished DS260 and appears "completed" status and i am preparing my documents these days , there is any step should i do on internet ? any form i have to fill ? or just i have to wait till getting notification ?

Ah ok, I thought you meant you would get your interview in the next few weeks, what you meant is you expect notification of a March interview soon (you cannot have a Feb interview as your number is higher than the Feb cut-off for Egypt). If I were you, I would wait for the notification (it will probably be very soon now) and then contact the embassy about bringing the new baby.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys,

My case number is EU00011xxx. I should be interviewed in London and I haven't received anything regarding my interview time. Should I be worried a bout it and send an e-mail to KCC? My next question is how long does it generally take to have an interview after you received an e-mail a bout your interview date? Thanx...

Filed: Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hi Guys,

My case number is EU00011xxx. I should be interviewed in London and I haven't received anything regarding my interview time. Should I be worried a bout it and send an e-mail to KCC? My next question is how long does it generally take to have an interview after you received an e-mail a bout your interview date? Thanx...

When did you sub,it your DS-260 ??

Yes it makes a difference, KCC need to process the DS before they can schedule you an interview. Processing includes preliminary background checks. So if you submitted late it can delay your interview date.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I want Your Help to know something

I am an engineer and i have University certificate only ( i don't have other certificates for prep/high schools ) is it enough to pass education part ?

They will need a copy of your high school diploma. If you don't have it, you will have to get a copy of it. I had lost mine but got a duplicate from the government.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

Timeline

Hello,

I really appreciate if anyone can answer my questions.

My case number is AS83XX and I submitted my DS260 in June 2014.

I am from IRAN.

When should I expect to receive my interview notification?

How do I receive it? by email or should I check my status in a website?

How much Money should I show during my interview for each person? Is showing a home ownership in Toronto would be accepted?

Many thanks

Hello,

I really appreciate if anyone can answer my questions.

My case number is AS83XX and I submitted my DS260 in June 2014.

I am from IRAN.

When should I expect to receive my interview notification?

How do I receive it? by email or should I check my status in a website?

How much Money should I show during my interview for each person? Is showing a home ownership in Toronto would be accepted?

Many thanks

You should get your interview in June, (give or take a month). Which means you get your second letter in April ( if the rate of progress is the same as 2014).

You should get an email, but it can go astray at times so do check the website when your number has become current.

How much money you need depends on your family size and where in US you intend to settle, what qualification/job experience/ prospects etc. if you have.

Convertible assets such as stocks and shares are also good. There are further details on the US Gov website

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf

Timeline

Thank you Hank1,

Where can I check my status online? can you give me the address?

It's me and my husband. My Daughter turned 22 in September and I applied for lottery in October.

I hope I can talk to officer and have a visa for her too. Is this possible?

All the Best,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.