Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Vjs,

Our NOA2 is 9/30, I called NVC a few times already, every time I call them I get different answers. One rep said it takes 25 days, the other rep said 4-6 weeks.

I noticed most of members signature and seems like NVC received their approvals from USCIS within 15 days. It's been over 15 days since my approval, they still haven't received it....any help or guidance as to what should I do, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Did you already receive an email/text from USCIS on when your case was shipped to NVC? I've read some people don't get a notification, but others do. The online status remains "Post Decision Activity", but it changes to this:

Post Decision Activity

On October 14, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

My NOA2 was 9/20, and USCIS only sent it to NVC today - 26 days later. From what I understand, sometimes the service centers send approved I-130s to NVC in batches - so some happen to be sent quickly, others wait a bit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

FINALLY!!! CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY, LAST SCAN AUGUST 22, WAITING FOR THE INTERVIEW, ANY IDEA HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET INTERVIEW DATE, THE NVC TOLD ME THEY ARE STILL SCHEDULING FOR NOV,,,THANK TO ALL VJ FAMILY AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE,,,,,

event.png

event.png

NVC Journey:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa (Wife and Daughter)

Consulate : Cairo

I-130 Approved: 2014-03-05

NVC Received: 2014-03-18

NVC I-130 Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-04-18

Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-04-24

Finally email from NVC saying it is ok now to continue the process 2014-05-27

Received I-864 Bill : 2014-05-28

Pay I-864 (daughter and wife)Bill: 2014-05-29

I-864 Bill Shows PAID: 2014-06-01

I-864 Package Sent to NVC: 2014-05-30

I-864 Package Received by NVC: 2014-06-05

Receive IV Bill for daughter: 2014-06-05

Pay daughter IV Bill: 2014-06-05

completed DS260 (daughter) 2014-06-10

Receive IV Bill for wife: 2014-08-19

Completed/Submitted DS-260 Online: 2014-08-23

IV Package Sent to NVC (daughter): 2014-06-11

IV Package Received by NVC (wife): 2014-08-22

Case Complete (WIFE): 2014-10-14

INTERVIEW DATE: NOV 13, 2014

VISA ON HAND: NOV 17, 2014

Back to USA: DEC 10, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

FINALLY!!! CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY, LAST SCAN AUGUST 22, WAITING FOR THE INTERVIEW, ANY IDEA HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET INTERVIEW DATE, THE NVC TOLD ME THEY ARE STILL SCHEDULING FOR NOV,,,THANK TO ALL VJ FAMILY AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE,,,,,

Congrats!!! I hope i can make it to a Nov interview. Scan date 8/27

NVC seems to be stuck on 8/22 anyone see case complete for another date? Common NVC get it in gear!!! We are waiting.

Nope. Only seen 8/22 the latest. Hopefully NVC will pick up and get thru to at least 8/26 by end of this week. I am 8/27. Edited by Sdg612

I'm also 8/27 Aos checklist I'm getting stressed already common NVC!!!!!

Congrats!!! I hope i can make it to a Nov interview. Scan date 8/27
Nope. Only seen 8/22 the latest. Hopefully NVC will pick up and get thru to at least 8/26 by end of this week. I am 8/27.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Armenia Marriage (if applicable):I-130 Sent : 2013-11-20 I-130 NOA1 : 2013-11-25 I-130 RFE : 2014-03-17 I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-04-28 I-130 Approved : 2014-04-30NVC Received : 2014-05-10Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-06-16Pay AOS Bill : 2014-06-16Receive I-864 Package :Send AOS Package : 2014-06-26Submit DS-261 : 2014-07-16Receive IV Bill : 2014-07-18Pay IV Bill : 2014-07-18Send IV Package : 2014-07-18Check list for Aos: 2014-8-20Check list scanned 2014-8-27CASE COMPLETED 2014-10-21<p>Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-10-30

Interview date: 12/15/14

I checked with NVC and the operator was very specifc in his answer : He Told all packages and docs will reviewed together as 1 single packet to save time and the 60 days start from the date you sent the IV docs...

Sigh. Thanks everyone for the answers. This process is incredibly disheartening - we followed all the steps the way we were instructed and are now being basically penalized for it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi crisarria,

We are also in supervisor review….dont know anything till then..will find out early next week. If anything moves I shall let you know. hopefully we both get out of this BS sooner rather than later.

My POE will be from montreal…since i will not be taking any furniture with me (as of the current plan) i will most probably flying in to NYC….that shall be my POE….(as of now)..things can change…A LOT….as we know.. :rofl:

Hello Crisarria,

Nope..my lawyer submitted the paperwork on 7th october (tuesday) and has called every day until friday but they didn't have it in their system. This time he sent it to correct email address of NVCelectronic@. He re-sent it on 10th october (friday again). Now that it is a long weekend, he will call again starting tomorrow everyday until we get a confirmation. Never received any confirmation on email either.

How about you? Any luck? By the way what part of canada are you in? I am in montreal.

PS: happy thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!!

Well i spoke with the supervisor like I told you before that was Thursday the 9th and she said she would call me I have not heard from her. I was thinking of calling tomm.

We are in Gatineau/ottawa. I cant believe you are in Montreal so close. Where are you doing your POE? Do you know yet?

Filed: Timeline

Hello, welcome to the thread!

I was approved on 8/18, NVC received my case on 9/17, case # assigned same day 9/17 (this is rare). I was told that it takes NVC up to 5 weeks (25 business days) for them to receive your case from USCIS from NOA2 date, so hang in there. Best of luck with this process! It can be quite frustrating lol

Thanks. That's vey helpful, hope you get very fast and smooth process.

Did you already receive an email/text from USCIS on when your case was shipped to NVC? I've read some people don't get a notification, but others do. The online status remains "Post Decision Activity", but it changes to this:

Post Decision Activity

On October 14, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

My NOA2 was 9/20, and USCIS only sent it to NVC today - 26 days later. From what I understand, sometimes the service centers send approved I-130s to NVC in batches - so some happen to be sent quickly, others wait a bit.

I didn't get notification from USCIS regarding case being shipped to NVC. I checked online status and its still says "post decision activity" and also it mentioned that they have sent approval notice to my address.

Did you get notification text/email about your file has been shipped to NVC, or you randomly check on USCIS website?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I didn't get notification from USCIS regarding case being shipped to NVC. I checked online status and its still says "post decision activity" and also it mentioned that they have sent approval notice to my address.

Did you get notification text/email about your file has been shipped to NVC, or you randomly check on USCIS website?

Yes. I got an email and text today saying that it was shipped today. My NOA2 was over 3 weeks ago. If your USCIS case status isn't updated, it might not have been sent yet.

Edited by emmaface

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi crisarria,

We are also in supervisor review.dont know anything till then..will find out early next week. If anything moves I shall let you know. hopefully we both get out of this BS sooner rather than later.

My POE will be from montrealsince i will not be taking any furniture with me (as of the current plan) i will most probably flying in to NYC.that shall be my POE.(as of now)..things can changeA LOT.as we know.. :rofl:

Hi Targetnovember14,

I spoke today with NVC the supervisor said she has sent out a request to search for those emails and she has not received any information yet. She said I had to wait and she would call me. The funny thing is that I talked to the operator before that and she still could not see any of my emails for Sept 25 and Oct 3 I wonder what happens if I send another copy again??? What do you think??

I'm also 8/27 Aos checklist I'm getting stressed already common NVC!!!!!

Same here!!! So stressful. Makes me want to break down and cry at times :(

I know what you feel. My last scan date is sept 9th. I sent in my checklist on 8/8. I keep going over and over in my head if I did everything right this time. With the old system I would know already but this new system has set me back even further. I wish the NVC would have some compassion and consideration for those of us who have been with this process so long.

Hello!

How long does it take to hear from NVC after a case was put in for a supervisor's review? Thanks'

(F) USCIS

19 February 2014 - Sent I-130

20 February 2014 - Received at Texas Service Center

24 February 2014 - NOA 1

29 May 2014 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

05 June 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

(F) NVC

01 July 2014 - Case received

14 July 2014 - Case Number, IIN, and BIN assigned

29 July 2014 - DS -261 Available and complete

02 August 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid

04 August 2014 - AOS Bill "PAID" status

04 August 2014 - AOS Package sent

06 August 2014 - AOS Package scanned at NVC

02 September 2014 - Expedite Request sent

09 September 2014 - IV Package sent with AOS Cover

12 September 2014 - IV Package scanned at NVC

10 September 2014 - Expedite Request under review e-mail

11 September 2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid

12 September 2014 - IV Bill "PAID" status

14 September 2014 - DS-260 Completed online

16 September 2014 - Expedite request approved

15.October.2014 - Case complete

XX.XX.2014 - Interview scheduled

(F) Embassy

XX.XX.2014 - Medical

XX.XX.2014 - Interview

XX.XX.2014 - Visa in hand

XX.XX.2014 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.