e&z

Post NOA2- NVC Stage

777 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Are they going to find my case? They can help? Thank you so so much. I'm happy to do it. :))))))))

Don't expect a prompt reply. It'll probably take a few weeks before they respond. In the meantime, I recommend contacting your congressional office and requesting they contact USCIS and NVC on your behalf. You've reached the point where you can (and should) be as pro-active as possible.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got approved NOA2 on 16September also and I have been waiting like 44 days. I hope I can get the case number from NVC really soon. I called NVC 3 times already, the lady said they didn't recieve my case yet. That sucks. I hope we will have a good news soon. ?

I'm in the same spot. My NOA-2 was Sept. 25. I've already sent in the email to NVCResearch but I keep calling.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey, I have one question.

Is it really necessary to bring a second letter of intent with a current date to the interview? The embassy didn't ask for it on the instructions they sent me so now I'm wondering if it's important to get a new one.

K1 Visa:

I-129F sent: 05/12/2014

NOA1: 05/16/2014

Transfer from TSC to CSC: 08/08/2014

NOA2: 09/08/2014

Case# assigned: 09/22/2014

Consulate received: 09/30/2014

Packet 3 received: 10/04/2014

Packet 3 sent: 10/31/2014

Packet 4 received: 11/4/2014

Interview date: 11/19/2014 - Approved!

Visa received: 11/21/2014

POE Chicago: 01/08/2015

Wedding: 03/14/2015 (L)

AOS:

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 03/27/2015

NOA1: 04/02/2015

Biometrics: 04/30/2015

EAD/AP approved: 06/17/2015

EAD/AP card received: 06/24/2015

Interview waiver letter received: 07/24/2015

NOA2: 09/04/15

Greencard received: 09/13/2015

Hey, I have one question.

Is it really necessary to bring a second letter of intent with a current date to the interview? The embassy didn't ask for it on the instructions they sent me so now I'm wondering if it's important to get a new one.

Please refer to guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/jerusalem/5/pdfs/Packet%203%20for%20K%20applicants%20Oct%2023%202014.pdf

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP: You should submit proof of a valid fiancé/fiancée relationship with the petitioner. It is often helpful to bring documents such as letters, photographs, or other evidence of your engagement. If you are married and applying for K3 visa, please bring your original marriage certificate or a copy certified by the issuing authority.

Ok the official site we used was Jerusalem, I did not say we had too. But here is how I see it, I do plan to plan to marry my fiancée and if it helps make someone feel comfortable who has the power to say yes, no or maybe. Or they are looking at it all and see that everything is there and saves me and my fiancée a little stress then why not.

Not to chastise you here ok, just saying my fiancée is under enough stress if it helps her feel more confident about the processes, procedures and such knowing we have both completed one and it is in there then why not the more relaxed and confident she feels the more confident the CO is going to feel about stamping approved.

You can make it easy for the CO to stamp approved or easy for them to request additional information or to delay it for you. I want my fiancée with me to keep me warm at night this winter. :idea:

I was approved (NOA2) on Friday October 17 and I have been calling everyday this week (Since Monday 12/28) and today I received case #. What now....?

I was approved (NOA2) on Friday October 17 and I have been calling everyday this week (Since Monday 12/28) and today I received case #. What now....?

DM Consulate sites says

Instructions for K-1/K-2 Visa Applicants

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html

VJ Says

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Please refer to guide

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/jerusalem/5/pdfs/Packet%203%20for%20K%20applicants%20Oct%2023%202014.pdf

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP: You should submit proof of a valid fiancé/fiancée relationship with the petitioner. It is often helpful to bring documents such as letters, photographs, or other evidence of your engagement. If you are married and applying for K3 visa, please bring your original marriage certificate or a copy certified by the issuing authority.

Ok the official site we used was Jerusalem, I did not say we had too. But here is how I see it, I do plan to plan to marry my fiancée and if it helps make someone feel comfortable who has the power to say yes, no or maybe. Or they are looking at it all and see that everything is there and saves me and my fiancée a little stress then why not.

Not to chastise you here ok, just saying my fiancée is under enough stress if it helps her feel more confident about the processes, procedures and such knowing we have both completed one and it is in there then why not the more relaxed and confident she feels the more confident the CO is going to feel about stamping approved.

You can make it easy for the CO to stamp approved or easy for them to request additional information or to delay it for you. I want my fiancée with me to keep me warm at night this winter. :idea:

Thanks for your response! :)

Then I will go ahead and ask my fiance to send me the letter of intent.

K1 Visa:

I-129F sent: 05/12/2014

NOA1: 05/16/2014

Transfer from TSC to CSC: 08/08/2014

NOA2: 09/08/2014

Case# assigned: 09/22/2014

Consulate received: 09/30/2014

Packet 3 received: 10/04/2014

Packet 3 sent: 10/31/2014

Packet 4 received: 11/4/2014

Interview date: 11/19/2014 - Approved!

Visa received: 11/21/2014

POE Chicago: 01/08/2015

Wedding: 03/14/2015 (L)

AOS:

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 03/27/2015

NOA1: 04/02/2015

Biometrics: 04/30/2015

EAD/AP approved: 06/17/2015

EAD/AP card received: 06/24/2015

Interview waiver letter received: 07/24/2015

NOA2: 09/04/15

Greencard received: 09/13/2015

Thanks for your response! :)

Then I will go ahead and ask my fiance to send me the letter of intent.

Not a thing, I would rather see someone irritated because they had too many documents that the CO said they did not need than to get denied or told to return later with more information.

Just go over everything a few days ahead of the interview with your fiancée on Skype or something, making sure you have everything and organized, so when you go in you are not searching for something. I sent my fiancée a packet with a cover sheet for the packet and a small cover sheet for each section with everything tabbed. All She had to do was inserted each required item she had to gather.

Just a though :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

NOA2 : 27th October .........next is the NVC hopefully mid November we get that case number so that my baby can go for medicals hopefully by Christmas we will be together...

Edited by Apero

NOA 2: October 22nd. I will wait another full week to start calling NVC.

I started calling after week one, I admit I was premature in that and do not advise it, because it just adds to the anxiety and frustration.

Two weeks based on the history I came up with we were waiting for NOA2 seemed to me to be the right amount to call. And as it turned out in our case, two weeks to the day NVC had our case, and left the third business day at NVC. Most cases from what I saw arrive in 15 - 25 days day's and processing generally takes a week unless there something NVC has to do.

On another here, a general note not to anyone person in particular.

As I said once before our case was what we believe is an easy one for the processor's both are single never married and no kids involved. so there was divorce papers to review, no minor children papers to review, We both have jobs, and ok financially not rich but no co-sponsor papers. There are several more factors which go into play, like anything else the more there is involved the longer it takes to process and people need to be aware of that when review other peoples timelines and start comparing dates.

I started calling after week one, I admit I was premature in that and do not advise it, because it just adds to the anxiety and frustration.

Two weeks based on the history I came up with we were waiting for NOA2 seemed to me to be the right amount to call. And as it turned out in our case, two weeks to the day NVC had our case, and left the third business day at NVC. Most cases from what I saw arrive in 15 - 25 days day's and processing generally takes a week unless there something NVC has to do.

As I said once before our case was what we believe is an easy one for the processor's both are single never married and no kids involved. so there was divorce papers to review, no minor children papers to review, We both have jobs, and ok financially not rich but no co-sponsor papers. There are several more factors which go into play, like anything else the more there is involved the longer it takes to process and people need to be aware of that when review other peoples timelines and start comparing dates.

I am hoping out situation at NVC also go s smoothly. We have a similar story. Never married. No kids. But from reading stories here who knows why some cases are handled certain ways.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.