We Keep Receipts

Muslim Scholars Release Open Letter To Islamic State Meticulously Blasting Its Ideology

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Add to the the story of the comat pilot from the UAE, who is both Muslim and female (http://m.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29367214) and you might give some of the serial detractors pause for thought. :yes:

Pause for thought? No. The serial detractors will just ridicule this female combat pilot as "Boobs on the Ground".

I didn't read all of the letter, but the part I read is exactly what I wanted it to be. I just hope the right people are aware of this and read it - those people being the terrorists themselves and those who feel all Muslims are terrorists.

But, I must point out that this letter is most definitely a fake. I've been listening to talk radio for two days now and I haven't heard anybody mention it. :innocent:

Filed: Timeline

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/24/muslim-scholars-islamic-state_n_5878038.html?cps=gravity

WASHINGTON (RNS) More than 120 Muslim scholars from around the world joined an open letter to the “fighters and followers” of the Islamic State, denouncing them as un-Islamic by using the most Islamic of terms.

Relying heavily on the Quran, the 18-page letter released Wednesday (Sept. 24) picks apart the extremist ideology of the militants who have left a wake of brutal death and destruction in their bid to establish a transnational Islamic state in Iraq and Syria.

Even translated into English, the letter will still sound alien to most Americans, said Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council of American-Islamic Relations, who released it in Washington with 10 other American Muslim religious and civil rights leaders.

120 Muslims, out of a worldwide population of 1.6 billion?

0.0000075%?

Well, I suppose it's a start.

I didn't read all of the letter, but the part I read is exactly what I wanted it to be. I just hope the right people are aware of this and read it - those people being the terrorists themselves and those who feel all Muslims are terrorists.

But, I must point out that this letter is most definitely a fake. I've been listening to talk radio for two days now and I haven't heard anybody mention it. :innocent:

You know it won't make mainstream press. There's no angle to it. There are more Muslims that live this way than not.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Signing up for protests in all major cities?

Undertaking fatwas?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Signing up for protests in all major cities?

Undertaking fatwas?

Sure. Just as soon as all gun owners walk hand in hand with us.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Guns are handy for fatwas.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you're quoting/linking to a site that's been blocked by vj moderation in the past because of its hate speech slant,fyi.

It's curious that the verses contained in this particular passage specifying the very precise and provisional self defense clauses to these verses are excluded, and instead random ones have been cherry picked sans context. I'm sure that was accidental.

9_28.png
Sahih International
O you who have believed, indeed the polytheists are unclean, so let them not approach al-Masjid al-Haram after this, their [final] year. And if you fear privation, Allah will enrich you from His bounty if He wills. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Wise.

9_29.png
Sahih International
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

9_30.png
Sahih International
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

http://quran.com/9

any complaints?

In what numerical system does 29 come before 1? Why is verse 29 the starting point? Where are the preceding verses that specifically refer to such fighting to only commence after treason was committed and treaties illegally broken?

Or the verses directing believers to protect and shield immediately those who desist attacking them?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

In what numerical system does 29 come before 1? Why is verse 29 the starting point? Where are the preceding verses that specifically refer to such fighting to only commence after treason was committed and treaties illegally broken?

Or the verses directing believers to protect and shield immediately those who desist attacking them?

He gets an A for effort though :rofl:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Pause for thought? No.

Apparently, the USAF tanker crew did. ;)

U.S. tanker pilots called in for air refueling and asked for the UAE mission and when they heard a female voice on the other side they paused for 20 seconds

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

If he had quoted the previous 28 verses, he would have been accused of "Doing an OriZ". :whistle:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png