have a visa to visit, then go home while U petition, or U can go to Jamaica

and get marry in a Church, on the Beach,at your hotel/Villa or by a JP in

your partners home, a license is required & make sure U get a certified copy

of marriage ,nothing to it. Jamaica is a part of North America and marriages

there are legal and binding worldwide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

What petition, do I need?

You don't need any petition to marry. You either go to Jamaica and marry per Jamaican law, or that person comes to US and you marry him/her based on US law (marriage license and other stuff).

Marriage has nothing to do with immigration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Everyone is giving you the correct information. The quickest and easiest way is to marry in Jamaica and then file the I 130 petition once you're back in the states. If you go the tourist visa route to get her to the states, she could be denied and you've wasted all that time and money. We tried that route and my fiance was denied. Tourist visas are really tough to get in Jamaica. Just an FYI. I've been hearing lately they are easier to get now but, again, there's no guarantee

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You have two paths open to you if, by marrying someone from Not United States, you mean "marrying and then living together within the United States." Here's a comparison of the two paths; you'll have to decide which is best for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

In case the OP is also referring to "marry and then bring the beneficiary to the U.S.," this thread is moved from the Introducing Our Members forum to the "What Visa Do I Need" forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

You don't need any petition to marry. You either go to Jamaica and marry per Jamaican law, or that person comes to US and you marry him/her based on US law (marriage license and other stuff).

Marriage has nothing to do with immigration.

You have to marry the person THEN petition them, so getting marry does have

something to do with petition, as OP asked about *Marriage*

If you will marry in Jamaica:

Here is the US embassy in Kingston's page on marriages: link. If the plan is to live in the US, you would petition for a CR-1/IR-1 spouse visa: info. If the plan is to live in Jamaica (or some third country), look into their requirements for visas or residence permits.

If you will marry in the US:

a) Your fiancé(e) applies for a B2 visitor visa, enters the US, you marry (contact your county for details), and your spouse leaves the US within the confines of the visa. If the plan is to live in the US, you would petition for a CR-1/IR-1. If the plan is to live in Jamaica, look into their requirements.

b) If the plan is to live in the US, you petition for a K1 fiancé(e) visa, your fiancé(e) enters the US, you marry, and you adjust status to a green card. K1 info: link link

You don't need to immigrate to marry, but I assume that the two of you will want to live in the same place eventually.

2012: Married
2014 2016 2017: I-130 packet direct to Frankfurt

Frankfurt's "steps" to DCF:

Step 1: I-130 Petition Checklist (PDF, from their USCIS page)

Step 2: Immigrant/Fiance(e) & K-Visa Applicant Checklist (PDF, from their Appointment & Interview page)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.