Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2014

3,637 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

I am filling out my DS=260 Yeh! and have a question about dates.

For addresses they are asking for Month and year. So do I say for example: May 2000 to JUNE 2005 and then JUNE 2005 to July 2007 or do I say May 2000 to MAY 2005 and June 2005 to July 2007. If I moved out the end of the month do I "overlap" the months or not?

Edited by P&DSigler

USCIS------------------

May 16, 2014: NOA1

June 10, 2014 : NOA2(email)

June 18,2014 : NOA2 Hard copy received

NVC------------------

June 26, 2014 : Case received

July 10, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN (by phone)

July 25, 2014 : Got Case number/IIN e-mail

July 26, 2014 : DS-261 Completed

July 30, 2014 : AOS Invoiced and paid

August 2, 2014 : AOS status "PAID"

August 4, 2014 : AOS Package e-mailed

August 6, 2014 : AOS Package received by NVC

August 6, 2014 : AOS Package scanned into the system

Sept 10, 2014 : IV Fee Invoiced and paid

August 29, 2014 : IV Package e-mailed

Sept 4, 2014 : IV Package scanned into the system

Sept 11, 2014 : submit DS-260

Sept 26, 2014 : Case Completed

Oct 3,2014 : Interview scheduled

Oct 21, 2014 : medical

Nov 18,2014 : Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So I have submit my ds261 today and that is what I can read on the ceac page

"To process your case, you must first pay any required fees. Then, each applicant accompanying the principal applicant to the United States will need to complete the online IV Application (form DS-260). The IV Application may be partially completed and finished later, or may be completed at one time. However, once submitted, please contact the NVC if you need to update the form.

After submitting the DS-260, mail all supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submitweb page) for each applicant to the NVC.

Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case. If any additional information is required after the review, the NVC will notify the applicant (or the applicant’s agent). "

I am especially happy about the 2 to 4 weeks part or was like that before and I still need to look for 60 days ? :)

December 2013 Spreadsheet

NOA1-12/5/2013

NOA2-8/11/2014

Scan date-11/12/2014

Case Complete - 12/30/2014

Interview Date - 2/3/2015

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good afternoon to all VJ Community, question I received a checklist which I had mentioned on Sept 5 and was verbally informed by 5 reps what I needed to send. I send in new paperwork. On Sept 9 I received the email for that checklist. It indicated all the issues the agents had mentioned except it had on top of each page one sponsors name and not the other one. However I asked NVC and they said sometimes it goes out printed wrong but keep reading it will tell you what to change and do it for all sponsors the agents said.

Today I received another checklist email exactly the same requesting same docs.

Has anyone had that happen and if so should I disregard and pretend they duplicated. I am calling them now.

Hello

Just got an email about the IV fee invoice but still cant pay the fees online.

Is this normal or should I call NVC..is there a time lag between email and actual invoice generation on the site

Thanks

It's normal. The option to pay should apprear within the next 24-48 hours. The same thing happened with us. :)

USCIS

03/28/2014 - I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox

04/07/2014 - USCIS Received I-130 form

04/08/2014 - I-130 NOA1 and transferred to California Service Center (email) (11 days)

04/17/2014 - Received NOA1 in the mail from California Service Center (hardcopy) (8 days)

04/24/2014 - I-130 Approved NOA2 (case number updated on the website 4:50pm) (17 days)

05/20/2014 - Received NOA2 in the mail from California Service Center (hardcopy) (27 days)

NVC

06/09/2014 - Case number, INN, BNN Received (21 days)

06/09/2014 - DS-261 available and completed (21 days)

06/09/2014 - AOS fee invoice and paid (21 days)

08/13/2014 - IV fee invoice and paid (65 days)

08/28/2014 - AOS Package sent to NVC

09/03/2014 - DS-260 online form completed

09/08/2014 - AOS Package delivered to NVC

09/08/2014 - AOS Package Scanned

09/10/2014 - IV Package sent to NVC

09/15/2014 - IV Package Scanned

11/17/2014 - Called NVC was told a supervisor is reviewing my case and it could take up to 42 days :(

11/19/2014 - Called NVC and was informed that expedite request was approved. Waiting for NVC to review and send paperwork to Sydney.

11/20/2014 - Website shows AOS N/A N/A which means it's possibly accepted. (Unconfirmed)

11/20/2014 - Called NVC and was informed of Case Complete!!

Medical - Scheduled for Dec 16th 2014

Interview

12/3/2014 - Email received with interview appointment for December 9th 2014

12/9/2014 - Interview went well but not approved because of birth certificate name change. Approval after fingerprint police form.

12/30/2014 - Medical and police check sent to embassy

Visa issued Jan 5th 2015 :D

5.5 months in NVC

8.5 months total

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

"To process your case, you must first pay any required fees. Then, each applicant accompanying the principal applicant to the United States will need to complete the online IV Application (form DS-260). The IV Application may be partially completed and finished later, or may be completed at one time. However, once submitted, please contact the NVC if you need to update the form.

After submitting the DS-260, mail all supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submitweb page) for each applicant to the NVC.

Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case. If any additional information is required after the review, the NVC will notify the applicant (or the applicants agent). "

I am especially happy about the 2 to 4 weeks part or was like that before and I still need to look for 60 days ? :)

Good question!! Even I am wondering..

Good afternoon to all VJ Community, question I received a checklist which I had mentioned on Sept 5 and was verbally informed by 5 reps what I needed to send. I send in new paperwork. On Sept 9 I received the email for that checklist. It indicated all the issues the agents had mentioned except it had on top of each page one sponsors name and not the other one. However I asked NVC and they said sometimes it goes out printed wrong but keep reading it will tell you what to change and do it for all sponsors the agents said.

Today I received another checklist email exactly the same requesting same docs.

Has anyone had that happen and if so should I disregard and pretend they duplicated. I am calling them now.

In your checklist, does it say "we are still waiting for your response to the checklist attached", or- "We have reviewed your DS260 and waiting for your response to the checklist.."

If you can copy what the check list says, but without posting personal info, might make it easier to be more helpful :)

Good question!! Even I am wondering..

Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case. If any additional information is required after the review, the NVC will notify the applicant (or the applicant’s agent). "

I'm surprised that is actually still on the website. Possibly, but if the reps are saying 60 days on the phone.. It's 60 days.. Knowing NVC, they probably haven't updated what is on their website :/.

I-130 STAGE
-------------------------------
16th May 2013- I-130 PD Date
30th Dec 2013- Transferred to TSC
13th Mar 2014- I-130 Approved
20th Mar 2014- Cased shipped to NVC.

NVC STAGE
--------------------------------
28th Mar 14 Case received at NVC
28th Apr 14 Case # & IIN assigned

13th May 14 AOS package scanned into the system
14th May 14 DS260 available/completed.
20th May 14 IV package scanned into the system

12th June 14 AOS checklist- NVC error-

13th June 14 Supervisor review, said she would remove it when spoke to her. (Up to 30 business days).

28th July 14 CASE COMPLETE!!!!

19th August 2014- Medical

5th September 2014- Interview @ London

05th Sep 2014-Interview

05th Sep 2014- APPROVED! Visa Status Issued same day!

10th Sep 2014- Visa in hand

18th September 2014- POE ORLANDO FL! DISNEY!! :dancing:

Timeline

In your checklist, does it say "we are still waiting for your response to the checklist attached", or- "We have reviewed your DS260 and waiting for your response to the checklist.."

If you can copy what the check list says, but without posting personal info, might make it easier to be more helpful :)

Hi jsumner86 here is what is says:

We have reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions and then submit the required information. If you do not provide this information, it will delay your immigrant visa interview.

I'm surprised that is actually still on the website. Possibly, but if the reps are saying 60 days on the phone.. It's 60 days.. Knowing NVC, they probably haven't updated what is on their website :/.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Congrats!! Even though I know it is really hard to trust NVC reps, this is one area they aren't usually wrong on; I am sure you're AOS is accepted!! In my case, my AOS was technically approved on September 9th; I received the generate email (false checklist asking for IV docs) at 1:08am today.

Hi Megwin, I can see you already have a cc, I was waiting for you case because I am from Peru too, NVC didnt get you an interview day yet? I thought for Peru is faster...I am waiting for cc, I had a checklist (July 31th)

NOA1...........................August 30th, 2013

NOA2...........................April 15th, 2014

uscis sent my case......April 21th

NVC got my case.........May 2nd

Case Number & INN.....May 27th

DS261 Completed.......June 4th

AOS fee paid.............. June 5th

AOS pack sent............June7th

AOS pack scanned.....June13th

IV pack resent.............July 18th (we sent it one week after aos pack but mail retorned to my husband office)

IV pack scanned.........July 21th

IV fee paid...................July 23th

DS260 Completed.......July 24th

AOS checklist..............July 25th

Checklist correction....July 26th

Checklist scan............July 31th

2nd Checklist and Ds260 accepted...September 12th

2nd Checklist correction.....................September 15th

2nd Checklist scan.............................September 18th

My husband talked with the senator.......September 19th

Senador got all our papers....................September 26th

Got expedited email from NVC...............September 30th..... I was in shock :shocked:

My case is at the Embassy (NVC website: READY)........October 10th

Got the interview day by email....................................October 17th

Medical exam............................................November 18th

INTERVIEW DAY.............DECEMBER 1st, 2014 :dancing: APROVED!!!!

GREEN CARD ON HANDS........MAY 2015.........I HAVE A BLOG IN SPANISH EXPLAINING ALL THE CR1 PROCESS https://volandoporamor.wordpress.com/

ROC

Package sent..........November 5, 2016

Package Receive.....November 12, 2016

NOA1.......................November 14, 2016

NOA1 letter received...November 21, 2016

Biometrics Appointment...December 9, 2016

I125 Stamp......February 26, 2018 (for one year)

Case received at local office....February 26, 2018

ROC Approved....Aphril 27, 2018

Received card on mail....May 12, 2018.....one day after my 5 years wedding Anniversary.

Hi jsumner86 here is what is says:

We have reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions and then submit the required information. If you do not provide this information, it will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Well that's something new! Is it exactly the same checklist word for word? Sometimes they send you it twice on accident...

I-130 STAGE

NVC STAGE

13th June 14 Supervisor review, said she would remove it when spoke to her. (Up to 30 business days).

05th Sep 2014-Interview

Timeline

Well that's something new! Is it exactly the same checklist word for word? Sometimes they send you it twice on accident...

Yes it is exact word for word. So i just called and she said that she does see to exact ones and that she does not know why that happened. That they have not seen the email I sent Sept 8 because it is not in their system scanned. To give it until next week so it can be scanned in system. I also asked when would they be looking at the checklist and she said 30 days.

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I am filling out my DS=260 Yeh! and have a question about dates.

For addresses they are asking for Month and year. So do I say for example: May 2000 to JUNE 2005 and then JUNE 2005 to July 2007 or do I say May 2000 to MAY 2005 and June 2005 to July 2007. If I moved out the end of the month do I "overlap" the months or not?

With the dates i go with the first option

Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case. If any additional information is required after the review, the NVC will notify the applicant (or the applicants agent). "

It has been there for a long time on that page

Yes it is exact word for word. So i just called and she said that she does see to exact ones and that she does not know why that happened. That they have not seen the email I sent Sept 8 because it is not in their system scanned. To give it until next week so it can be scanned in system. I also asked when would they be looking at the checklist and she said 30 days.

As long as you sent them and it's not a different checklist- you should be fine. Be prepared for the wait though.

I-130 STAGE

NVC STAGE

05th Sep 2014-Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.