2,664 posts in this topic

ON CEAC website with the old case number it says refused so my case is denied

the case was updated and the REFUSE and on USICS website it says under review i am very confused

the case was updated and the REFUSE and on USICS website it says under review i am very confused

it says refused because you need a waiver.. The CEAC is totally separate from the USCIS. Mine says refused too. It will change when the waiver is approved and the embassy gets the file ready. The USCIS status will stay "initial review" until the waiver is complete

CEAC is the Dept. of State the USCIS is the Dept. of Homeland Security. The embassy is part of the DOS

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

it says refused because you need a waiver.. The CEAC is totally separate from the USCIS. Mine says refused too. It will change when the waiver is approved and the embassy gets the file ready. The USCIS status will stay "initial review" until the waiver is complete

CEAC is the Dept. of State the USCIS is the Dept. of Homeland Security. The embassy is part of the DOS

my ceac shows AP not "refused" , anyway I think not much difference for that, because I need the waiver too.

Still no news....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys,

Any one here who came with a k1 visa but overstayed the visa because didn't got married to the petitioner,but got married to a different guy?

To make my story short:

I entered us legal with a fiancé visa but unfortunately didn't marry my ex fiancé due to same problems , ended up marrying some body else, my love of 6 years he is USA citizen been together for 6 years finally got married in 2012 have one son together , I just filled I-130 4 months ago,no criminal records nothing except that I have overstayed my visa since 2006.

My concern is that I m really worried that I would face the marriage fraud beside the unlawful presence , which is not true because it is due to my ex fiancé health problem( found out he has cancer then canceled all my visa) .

Plz I m really in need for some advice before I send in my I-601a waiver

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

LoveMyTico,

I am in the same boat as you. My congressman's office requested an update on our 601 and the NVC told them our waiver was expedited on November 3rd. We still have not heard anything. Our attorney said that expedites are required to be complete within 15 days, they obviously aren't doing that. Have you heard anything about your expedited waiver yet? My wife's CEAC status was updated on November 28th and it still says "Refused". I am hoping that just means they haven't received an approved waiver yet and it still is tracking the original denial. This stuff is REALLY stressing my wife and I out.

LoveMyTico,

I am in the same boat as you. My congressman's office requested an update on our 601 and the NVC told them our waiver was expedited on November 3rd. We still have not heard anything. Our attorney said that expedites are required to be complete within 15 days, they obviously aren't doing that. Have you heard anything about your expedited waiver yet? My wife's CEAC status was updated on November 28th and it still says "Refused". I am hoping that just means they haven't received an approved waiver yet and it still is tracking the original denial. This stuff is REALLY stressing my wife and I out.

Hey,

My husband and I called USCIS on Wednesday before Thanksgiving ( hoping to get so good news before the 4 day weekend) We only had to wait 6 minutes for tier 2 which is a new record for us ! Anyway, the agent verified our expedite was approved on October 15th but the way she was talking made us think that she thought it was strange that we haven't heard anything. She did say that since we had our Senator's office inquire about our expedite, now we have to go through them for future updates. She said the Senator's office has "more pull". Not sure I believe that... but either way, I left a message for the Senator's office on Wednesday. Of course they left at noon and were closed on Thursday. UGHHHH

We haven't had any more updates on the CEAC. Your status will show "REFUSED" until the embassy receives the approval and updates the database.

I was just about to write another email to them and get them to make another inquiry. We are way past 15 days.

Even though this sucks, I am glad to know you are in the same boat. My lawyer told me that everyone is asking for an expedite. Seems to me they wouldn't approve the request if the didn't intend to expedite.. Bu then again, we are talking about the USCIS.

My husband dropped his cell phone on Friday morning and the stupid thing shattered. He is without a cell phone. I hope the embassy calls his house phone. He doesn't want to buy another cell phone if the approval is coming soon. We are so tight on money right now.. it would be senseless .

I hope today is the day for all of us !!

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

I just called the Senator's office and the girl who is handling my case is out of the office today.. ( but of course...) I told the girl who answered the phone the whole story and how the other girl was supposed to inquire again last week but never did. I was told that maybe she did but she is out of the office and doesn't have access to her work email from home. ( of course she doesn't) I asked her to leave a message. We need some kind of answer here. Its been 6 weeks since the expedite was supposedly approved. And the USCIS won't even give my husband any info because we got the Senator involved. :wow::ranting:

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I just called the Senator's office and the girl who is handling my case is out of the office today.. ( but of course...) I told the girl who answered the phone the whole story and how the other girl was supposed to inquire again last week but never did. I was told that maybe she did but she is out of the office and doesn't have access to her work email from home. ( of course she doesn't) I asked her to leave a message. We need some kind of answer here. Its been 6 weeks since the expedite was supposedly approved. And the USCIS won't even give my husband any info because we got the Senator involved. :wow::ranting:

Wow, that sounds like a bunch of excuses on the Senator's office part. I got a phone call from my Senator today but it was just to verify that my number hadn't changed.

I called the USCIS helpline which also was of ZERO help. First off, I have never been talked to so rudely by someone that speaks as if they just passed 2nd grade english. The woman had an EXTREME attitude and told me that if I wanted to know the status of my case then to make an appointment with INFOpass and go find my status there. I said, well I am in the Armed Forces, stationed in a foreign country and the consulate does not handle 601's so that would be no help. She told me to ask my wife for the status then since she was the applicant and doesn't know what else I want. At that point I said "Let me speak to your supervisor NOW". End result, the USCIS helpline cannot see updates regarding expedite approvals so I know nothing more than I did before that phone call. All it did was really tick me off :ranting:

Edited by UH60Chief

Wow, that sounds like a bunch of excuses on the Senator's office part. I got a phone call from my Senator today but it was just to verify that my number hadn't changed.

I called the USCIS helpline which also was of ZERO help. First off, I have never been talked to so rudely by someone that speaks as if they just passed 2nd grade english. The woman had an EXTREME attitude and told me that if I wanted to know the status of my case then to make an appointment with INFOpass and go find my status there. I said, well I am in the Armed Forces, stationed in a foreign country and the consulate does not handle 601's so that would be no help. She told me to ask my wife for the status then since she was the applicant and doesn't know what else I want. At that point I said "Let me speak to your supervisor NOW". End result, the USCIS helpline cannot see updates regarding expedite approvals so I know nothing more than I did before that phone call. All it did was really tick me off :ranting:

you have to talk to tier 2. The tier 1 operators that answer the phone can only see what we can see when we sign in to the USCIS website.

I have been checking our CEAC status all day like an obsessed crazy person.. NOTHING all day. I literally checked at 4:30 and just now I checked again ( yes.... I wasn't lying when I said I was checking all day :rofl: ) It just updated to todays date... so thank GOD somebody is working on our case... I hope the end is soon !!!

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.