2,664 posts in this topic

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK EVERYONE! WE NEED SOME WAIVER APPROVALS... I HOPE SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS THIS WEEK.

I NEED SOME CHRISTMAS MAGIC.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK EVERYONE! WE NEED SOME WAIVER APPROVALS... I HOPE SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENS THIS WEEK.

I agree! Best of luck to you. It is also my birthday this week so that would be an AWESOME birthday/christmas present. Sitting here in the unknown not knowing what's going on is really frustrating. Our CEAC date updated every day last week so I hope that means something will happen soon.

Happy Birthday and good luck. Good vibes for both of us!!

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

I have been following this thread for a while now and I have to admit, it is addicting and yet gives me a feeling of calmness knowing that I am not alone in this long and stressful process. Our 601 priority date is July 25, and yesterday morning at 8am (sunday) I received a text then email about status update on our case. There's nothing in it but a "date update" to 12/7/14. Not sure what that means? I can only guess somebody is looking at our case. This is the 2nd changes since they change the address from USA to Manila on 8/5/14. Is that normal? I wish they put whatever they are updating on the case instead of just the dates.

I have been following this thread for a while now and I have to admit, it is addicting and yet gives me a feeling of calmness knowing that I am not alone in this long and stressful process. Our 601 priority date is July 25, and yesterday morning at 8am (sunday) I received a text then email about status update on our case. There's nothing in it but a "date update" to 12/7/14. Not sure what that means? I can only guess somebody is looking at our case. This is the 2nd changes since they change the address from USA to Manila on 8/5/14. Is that normal? I wish they put whatever they are updating on the case instead of just the dates.

the USCIS was doing an upgrade yesterday. Tons of people got those text messages. I think they worked out all the glitches. Have you checked the CEAC site with your NVC case number? Mine keeps getting updated but no approval yet from the USCIS. They are two different databases and are not connected so the update to the USCIS website would have nothing to do with the CEAC

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

the USCIS was doing an upgrade yesterday. Tons of people got those text messages. I think they worked out all the glitches. Have you checked the CEAC site with your NVC case number? Mine keeps getting updated but no approval yet from the USCIS. They are two different databases and are not connected so the update to the USCIS website would have nothing to do with the CEAC

ok, thanks for your reply. On CEAC website, ours still showing the same from when we had the interview in July "refuse". So my question is, who will make the decision on this waiver, USCIS or NVC? My understanding is, as far as the NVC is concerned, they already approved the visa but hold off on it pending the approval of our waiver. Right? So once the waiver is approved by uscis, then nvc can finally release the visa. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Yes, uscis approves the waiver. I told you to check ceac because mine has been updated 5 times.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Ana & Cesar, Did you check the LIN numbers around yours? There are 15 numbers around mine are I 601 waiver too. About 5 of them, got approved already. 2 of them were approved on DEC 3rd. My priority date is August 1st. My ceac status is still the same but had a update date change on OCT. Did your update date change?

Good luck to everyone! I hope there will be some good news this week.

Waiting on an answer from another inquiry with the Senator's office. She did this one yesterday without me even asking. Thank God there are people out there willing to help. I have all my fingers and toes crossed this morning.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Ana & Cesar, Did you check the LIN numbers around yours? There are 15 numbers around mine are I 601 waiver too. About 5 of them, got approved already. 2 of them were approved on DEC 3rd. My priority date is August 1st. My ceac status is still the same but had a update date change on OCT. Did your update date change?

Good luck to everyone! I hope there will be some good news this week.

The first update was 8/5/14 and the last one was sunday 12/7/14. I am really hoping for a Christmas miracle here. I pray that everyone of us get the miracle we all been waiting for.

Do you know how much more is the wait after the approval? And what is the next process? His physical exam will turn 6mos on Dec. 24, I'm wondering if he has to do it again if the approval goes over that?

Thank you guys for any info on this...

Timeline

The first update was 8/5/14 and the last one was sunday 12/7/14. I am really hoping for a Christmas miracle here. I pray that everyone of us get the miracle we all been waiting for.

Do you know how much more is the wait after the approval? And what is the next process? His physical exam will turn 6mos on Dec. 24, I'm wondering if he has to do it again if the approval goes over that?

Thank you guys for any info on this...

Hello Ana & Cesar. I cannot answer on what is the next step after approval, but I can provide some insight on the medical exam. My wife is experiencing the same thing, her medical exam expired earlier this year. Your husband will need another exam before coming to the states. From my understanding, the medical exam has to be within the 6 months prior to entering the United States. Our attorney cautioned us not to get the medical exam done again until the waiver is approved (just in case we run into issues that cause a delay). We plan on getting the exam done next week in hopes that the waiver will be done soon and then everything will already be ready to go. However, that is a risk on our part because if the waiver is delayed, we could end up paying for a 3rd medical exam.

Hello Ana & Cesar. I cannot answer on what is the next step after approval, but I can provide some insight on the medical exam. My wife is experiencing the same thing, her medical exam expired earlier this year. Your husband will need another exam before coming to the states. From my understanding, the medical exam has to be within the 6 months prior to entering the United States. Our attorney cautioned us not to get the medical exam done again until the waiver is approved (just in case we run into issues that cause a delay). We plan on getting the exam done next week in hopes that the waiver will be done soon and then everything will already be ready to go. However, that is a risk on our part because if the waiver is delayed, we could end up paying for a 3rd medical exam.

That's what I thought...darn, another $225 again. I do not mind paying as long as they move a little faster on processing. Thanks again for the infos...

Timeline

LoveMyTico,

Has your status changed at all on the USCIS page? Mine has supposedly been expedited for over a month and the status still says "My Case Was Received". Just wondering if you saw any changes on there.

LoveMyTico,

Has your status changed at all on the USCIS page? Mine has supposedly been expedited for over a month and the status still says "My Case Was Received". Just wondering if you saw any changes on there.

ours was approved for expedite almost two months now. Only updates I've seen have been on the ceac. Nothing on the uscis site. Its really frustrating. I was under the assumption that expedites were supposed to be done in 15 days. I'm thinking maybe they have different levels of expedites???? We really are desperate at this point. What is your reason for expedite???

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

ours was approved for expedite almost two months now. Only updates I've seen have been on the ceac. Nothing on the uscis site. Its really frustrating. I was under the assumption that expedites were supposed to be done in 15 days. I'm thinking maybe they have different levels of expedites???? We really are desperate at this point. What is your reason for expedite???

Our attorney also said that generally a decision is made on an expedite within 15 days so I wonder what is going on. I have no idea how the whole process works, but our congressman's office said our case is in the hands of an officer and being worked on. I really wonder what all goes into reviewing these waivers because ours was so thoroughly put together that you literally just had to go page by page and it laid out the whole story. I would really be interested to know what exactly they do when they "review" it. I really hope we both hear something soon.

I had mine expedited due to an error at our consulate. Basically, my wife is admissable and they said she is not. I am pretty much getting the 601 waiver just because the consulate messed up. Also, my physical health is declining. I was injured pretty severely in a helicopter (military) and my wife is my main "caretaker". I am being sent back to the States in 45 days and if she can't go with me, I will be struggling just to accomplish the day to day tasks, let alone moving internationally.

Edited by UH60Chief

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.