2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/4/2017 at 0:26 PM, HG09 said:

Congratulations!! What documents did you take and were requested? My husband has his apt this month they just asked to have the ds-260 updated not sure if he has to take additional documents.

We updated our DS-260, the originals my husband took to the interview were kids original birth certificates, my naturalization certificate, our marriage certificate last 3 years of taxes, my pay stubs (last 6mos). First interview the marriage certificate was asked for. The second interview he had to show original birth certificates for kids and my birth certificate along with husbands birth certificate. Be prepare different documents can be asked for. There are those that aren't asked much and there are those others that are asked for crazy amount of original paper work. No one case is the same. This is my journey and my husbands experience 

Update: husband put ciudad Juárez for his DHL. Interview 3/3/17, picked up DHL packet today at 5:00pm and crossed the bordered 2 hours ago!!

Thanks to this web page and to all those for their support it has been sooo helpful could not have done it alone 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any updates to share? Still waiting on our April approval. We submitted a service request and were supposed to hear back by March 11th and although we still have a couple of days it's been dead silent :( any news would be greatly appreciated! 

Timeline

Congrats OHernandez-G your journey is finally over!  So as of today I'm still waiting on a respond?! On January 30 my lawyer send another inquiry and they responded on February 28. Well the answer to the inquiry was the same as the last inquiry: an officer is reviewing it and to wait 60 days for a respond! #######!!!! The funny part is that February has only 28 days so as of March 2 it would be 90 days since they told me to wait on the first inquiry so on April 2 it will be officially 120 days of waiting! That is my update so far!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Desesperada07 said:

Congrats OHernandez-G your journey is finally over!  So as of today I'm still waiting on a respond?! On January 30 my lawyer send another inquiry and they responded on February 28. Well the answer to the inquiry was the same as the last inquiry: an officer is reviewing it and to wait 60 days for a respond! #######!!!! The funny part is that February has only 28 days so as of March 2 it would be 90 days since they told me to wait on the first inquiry so on April 2 it will be officially 120 days of waiting! That is my update so far!

I'm so sorry to hear about your wait. Have you tried calling USCIS personally and requesting a tier 2 or higher officer? It seems really unfair for them to keep telling you to wait when this waiting game is so torturous. Would you mind sharing your priority date? I've also read on this forum that involving congress people is sometimes helpful. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, agarc16 said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your wait. Have you tried calling USCIS personally and requesting a tier 2 or higher officer? It seems really unfair for them to keep telling you to wait when this waiting game is so torturous. Would you mind sharing your priority date? I've also read on this forum that involving congress people is sometimes helpful. 

My receipt date is Feb 25, 16 so im going on 13 months of waiting and my husband has been gone 15months! You should read my other posts its been stressful and sad but i have hope!

Timeline

I have call USCIS but they wont give me no info since im not the applicant and its hard to communicate with my husband since he left to his hometown (un ranchito en oaxaca) so i cant do a 3way. My case was updated on March 6, 17 so i will wait till March 25 before involving any congress people. You never know maybe this first time update on my case could be a good sign!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Desesperada07 said:

I have call USCIS but they wont give me no info since im not the applicant and its hard to communicate with my husband since he left to his hometown (un ranchito en oaxaca) so i cant do a 3way. My case was updated on March 6, 17 so i will wait till March 25 before involving any congress people. You never know maybe this first time update on my case could be a good sign!

Hope is what we need to cling to in these difficult situations! I really hope that you get approved ASAP! Supposedly, the chart now says they are working on June 16, 2016 cases which is weird given many April cases are yet to be approved. Where do you see if they have "updated" your case? Does this mean that your case was "touched". I would only hope that happens to us soon as well. My husband has been gone for almost 18 months. :( 

Timeline
On March 10, 2017 at 9:16 AM, agarc16 said:

Hope is what we need to cling to in these difficult situations! I really hope that you get approved ASAP! Supposedly, the chart now says they are working on June 16, 2016 cases which is weird given many April cases are yet to be approved. Where do you see if they have "updated" your case? Does this mean that your case was "touched". I would only hope that happens to us soon as well. My husband has been gone for almost 18 months. :( 

If you go to the Ceac visa status website you enter your CDJ####### receipt number and  it shows you when your case was created and when it was updated! I just checked mine today and it got updated for the second time today! I don't really know what it means when it gets updated for the second time but i know that they touched my case! Ten Fe? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Give thanks to all people on the journey especially lioness deon who has been helpful encouragening and very supportive to i man through the very long and painfull waiting process!!! I would like to tell you all that my waiver has been approved on monday, give thanks to the almighty jah!!!,and for all those ppl who are still awaiting theirs just be paitent and trust in the almighty just remember paitent might sometimes hurt u but its always a virtue!!! Blessed love to you all and most of all good luck

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jahjahute said:

Give thanks to all people on the journey especially lioness deon who has been helpful encouragening and very supportive to i man through the very long and painfull waiting process!!! I would like to tell you all that my waiver has been approved on monday, give thanks to the almighty jah!!!,and for all those ppl who are still awaiting theirs just be paitent and trust in the almighty just remember paitent might sometimes hurt u but its always a virtue!!! Blessed love to you all and most of all good luck

Congratulations it's an amazing feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They received our case on sep. 20th, since then all that says on the website when i check my status is "Case Was Received" is there anything to do to expedite the process? Also my interview was in october, and its only valid for a year, if my approval comes after that time will I have to go on another visa interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On December 1st a RFE was requested. The RFE was sent Feb 22, 2017 and my husband's waiver was approved on march 7th (it was the best birthday gift ever!!). US embassy in Delhi received all the documents on march 14th. Medical and Police clearance done on March 24th. Interview was scheduled for April 3rd, 2017 and visa was approved:) Picked up his visa on april 6th and reached US on April 7th :). I though I should give you guys an update since I have been really busy! Thanks for all the hope and I do pray for other people. If someone needs a good lawyer, I could suggest mine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.