2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does the expedite have to be done through the lawyer or through someone in government?

It would help if approved for an expedite. But I don't know the process or how difficult it is to get one.

Expedite is done by either yourself or your lawyer. They are rarely approved and have to be a very extreme circumstance usually pertaining to you or ur spouse/ family member sponsoring you health. Extremely ill or in need of urgent financial help from your spouse because ur very ill or something. Won't be expedited because you miss someone a lot or the case is taking too long or children missing a parent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was interviewed on 8 july 2015 but was denied for mispresentation in my earlier interview in 2008. So my wife filed i601 waiver submitted on 22 sept 2015. But still waiting

I was interviewed on 8 july 2015 but was denied for mispresentation in my earlier interview in 2008. So my wife filed i601 waiver submitted on 22 sept 2015. But still waiting

Hola! I was interviewed on april 2015 and got refused for an old case on 2006, may i too know what kind of misrepresentation you have? I sent my waiver in oct-2015 and nothing yet!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The site is very quite since the last update on Feb 11.Is there no positive update for anyone on this site since then.Its almost a month now, i was hoping to hear something already from someone in July. Any update guys,on here or on facebook ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello every body

am new to this website, I was wandering if there is any body filing waiver inside USA? and how many months it takes to get approved ?

my case was received on Jun 11 and still no update on it. I did about 3 inquiries, but the same answer we will let you know when we made our decision in 30 days but they never do nothing. at the end I put the senator on the picture, but he answer me the same answer,"" I contact theme and they told me that they are working in your case and they will update you when they make their decision in 90 days '''' now its been 9month when they receive our form with no answer

does any one have the same issue ? and what is the max time does the i601 takes to get approved ? and thank you again

Timeline

In 2008 i applied for b1/b2 category visa at the time of interview they said i paid money for sponsorship but that was not the truth. So the argument went on n on at last they denied my visa.

Timeline

Update!!!

Went to the interview today and they take my passport but they put my case on administrative processing. They told me to wait 2 weeks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Update!!!

Went to the interview today and they take my passport but they put my case on administrative processing. They told me to wait 2 weeks.

Good news! I want these next 2 weeks to go fast too!

Update!!!

Congrats! i think its a good sign they said 2 weeks. i have heard many times they don't tell anything about how long AP will last. Keep us updated

Timeline

Congrats Rippy what country are you from. Some countries are mandatory ap. It's a good sign that they held your passport. You're almost there!

Hi i m from india.....the letter they gave it says administrative processing and the counslar told me to wait for a week to two weeks ....but i am not sure...i read on the forums its says it took around 2 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husbands received date is July 8 2015 for his I-601 in January I filled an inquiry and a week later we received an RFE I don't know if it helped or they were already working on his case. Just yesterday 3/2/16 I got an email saying they received our request for more evidence and they will continue to review his case, hopefully we receive a decision soon! Keeping fingers crossed, let's see how long it takes them

July 1, 2013---------------I-130 Petition received USCIS

January 1, 2014-----------I-130 Approved

March 7,2014--------------AOS processing fee paid

April 15, 2014---------------IV fee paid

September 16, 2014--------NVC receives documents for visa interview

December 1, 2014----------Receive checklist cover letter

January 22, 2015------------NVC receives missing information

March 18, 2015--------------All required documentation received by NVC for interview

March 26, 2015--------------NVC informs us of interview date scheduled

May 13, 2015-----------------Biometrics appointment at 1pm

May 14, 2015-----------------Physical Exam

May 15, 2015-----------------Interview date at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico----Visa denied because of overstay

July 8, 2015-------------------Wavier I-601 received by USCIS at Nebraska Service Center

****Waiting for a positive response**** :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.