2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations. Glad to hear that all is ok. We got an email back from NVC after using the public inquiry form that pretty much said "don't contact us, contact the embassy/consulate".

What really winds me up about this is the fact that NVC provided NO communication whatsoever in terms of my son's application and no instructions. Instead they just removed him altogether. If I don't hear from the consulate next week, I'll be emailing them every week until about the week before the interview and then I'll email daily.

Thanks friend!

At the time of your interview, you may submit a written request to consider your son's Immigrant Visa Application under CSPA.

There should not be a major issue if your son's age is 21 using CSPA calculation. Of course anxiety shall prevail under such situation.

Consulate generally replies within 3 working days.

Hey MQL, finally!! Congrats brother!! So happy for you! By the way - i am in US since july 12th and we received Green Cards - exactly 45 days after arrival.

Good Luck my Friend!

Best wishes for your New Beginning in the USA.

Did you pay $165 for Greencard before leaving your home country?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Best wishes for your New Beginning in the USA.

Did you pay $165 for Greencard before leaving your home country?

Yeap, 3 months before departure..

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks friend!

At the time of your interview, you may submit a written request to consider your son's Immigrant Visa Application under CSPA.

There should not be a major issue if your son's age is 21 using CSPA calculation. Of course anxiety shall prevail under such situation.

Consulate generally replies within 3 working days.

Thanks. I'm hoping that we don't have to wait until the interview to request the CSPA review. Using the CSPA calculation, my son is well under 21 so that is not a concern. To be honest, it's the frustration of being given no information that has really got under my skin. If my son was being removed from our application, then NVC should have advised us verbally and in writing.

They never once mentioned the steps we needed to take, yet they allowed us to submit his DS-260 and they were happy to take the processing fees knowing full well that he would fall under CSPA. To drop him off the system is what I find really unacceptable. Had there been communication from NVC, then I wouldn't be as upset. :ranting::angry:

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

BREAKING NEWS

In October VB, F3 category is expected to touch year 2005 (01 jan, 2005)

Category F3                                                                       Documents submitted --  3 February 2017

PD 01 August 2005                                                          Case Complete --             17 October 2017

Case approval 09 January 2006                                    VB month for PD to be current -- November 2017

Changeability Rest of World                                           IL received --                                   10 January 2018

Invoice ID Available                                                          Interview Date --                             12 April  2018

Case open 28 September 2016                                     Status with AP                                 17 April 2018                                 

Welcome Letter 30 September 2016                            Status with Issued                          18 April 2018       

Invoice Paid -- 28 December 2016

DS 260 filled --  2 February 2017 

Timeline

My visa application status has been showing "IN TRANSIT" for the whole day. I wonder when will it turns into "READY".

If your paperwork is being sent to the embassy/consulate, then I'd expect it to change when they receive it. In certain countries there is the option of emailing in the paperwork which results in faster processing and almost immediate transfer to the embassy/consulate of your case. The downside is that you have to take all originals + photocopies to your interview.

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

@netkit,

There is one F3 case with PD Dec 24, 2004 in Vietnam got their interview date in October, so the visa bulletin in October will at least move to Jan 1, 2005. Congratulations to F3 2005!!!

@EOT,

Thank you for your information. It's good to know that. As soon as the status changes into "READY" then I can move on with the CSPA review at the Consulate.

Cheers!!!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

guys my family has a case of cspa !! what do you advise us to do ? Pd may 2005

PD: 31 May 2005

WL: January 5 2016

CC: 2 December 2016

Interview : 23 may 2017

visa issued: 14 July 2017

Timeline

Right now there is nothing you can do. Speak to NVC and find out if they have done a preliminary CSPA review and if your child has been removed from your application or if they are going to do the CSPA review when your pd becomes current. As soon as your pd becomes current make sure that you contact the embassy anyway and make them aware of the CSPA review.

In our case they performed a preliminary review and removed our son from our application without telling us. When our pd became current they did not mention our son and we only just found out after several phone calls that we have to request a CSPA review.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Right now there is nothing you can do. Speak to NVC and find out if they have done a preliminary CSPA review and if your child has been removed from your application or if they are going to do the CSPA review when your pd becomes current. As soon as your pd becomes current make sure that you contact the embassy anyway and make them aware of the CSPA review.

In our case they performed a preliminary review and removed our son from our application without telling us. When our pd became current they did not mention our son and we only just found out after several phone calls that we have to request a CSPA review.

The embassy here in Beirut are not that helpful, especially on the phone, and it seems that the NVC might delay our case for months in order to do the CSPA review. This process is turning out to be more complicated than i thought. Anyways, I hope that your issue gets solved without any further complications, so you could all take the visas without anymore delays :)

PD: 31 May 2005

WL: January 5 2016

CC: 2 December 2016

Interview : 23 may 2017

visa issued: 14 July 2017

Timeline

The embassy here in Beirut are not that helpful, especially on the phone, and it seems that the NVC might delay our case for months in order to do the CSPA review. This process is turning out to be more complicated than i thought. Anyways, I hope that your issue gets solved without any further complications, so you could all take the visas without anymore delays :)

Thanks. It's the same here in Canada. We called them and they put us through to someone who answered the phone and then hung up on us without saying a word. Good luck with your case.

Hello Friend,

The Primary Applicant with local residence address has to send a wriiten request letter to NVC, to review your (beneficiary) son/daughter's case cunder CSPA.

You may send this letter now so that when your PD becomes current, the NVC could exercise CSPA review (the beneficiaries CSPA calculation age should be (=<) 21 years).

You need to have follow-up with NVC after 10-12 working days to confirm whether they have received your request or not.

You may even send the CSPA review request through online public inquiry.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello !

My PD is March 21 2005 f3 category. Last year Aug 2015 I Recd Welcome Letter and after that I start all

Process , send all require Documents. Nvc send me letter that they recd all requested documents. And your file is completed. And now you are in Interview date process. Your India consulate notify you before 6 - 8 weeks Innterview date. But up to Today I did not Recd any information about visa . Is anyone has information about f3 visa. Up to what date is current in October 2016 ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.