2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I864A or i864

I am really confuse in which one my son have to submit.

We live in same house but he is not my dependent on tax return.

I file my taxes married jointly, my son files married jointly as well but we live in same house.

my income not enough and my wife' neither

So plan is

I will file I 864

My son will file I 864 as consponser

However, many places it says if same household MUST file I 864A....is that correct?...anyone had rejection on this?

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I864A or i864

I am really confuse in which one my son have to submit.

We live in same house but he is not my dependent on tax return.

I file my taxes married jointly, my son files married jointly as well but we live in same house.

my income not enough and my wife' neither

So plan is

I will file I 864

My son will file I 864 as consponser

However, many places it says if same household MUST file I 864A....is that correct?...anyone had rejection on this?

I can only share my experience. Both my FIL and MIL are retired and their "income" is not enough. My FIL completed the I-864 and my MIL was required to complete the I-864A. My uncle is a joint sponsor and he had to complete his own I-864. The requirements for sponsorship as defined on the NVC website:

"A sponsor must be at least 18 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident (LPR). The sponsor must also have a domicile (residence) in the United States."

Does your son meet the requirements of a sponsor?

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can only share my experience. Both my FIL and MIL are retired and their "income" is not enough. My FIL completed the I-864 and my MIL was required to complete the I-864A. My uncle is a joint sponsor and he had to complete his own I-864. The requirements for sponsorship as defined on the NVC website:

"A sponsor must be at least 18 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident (LPR). The sponsor must also have a domicile (residence) in the United States."

Does your son meet the requirements of a sponsor?

I've just checked the I-864 and if you are using the income of anyone in your household, they will need to complete an I-864A as per Part 6, question 16.

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Kelli....

Yes you can call NVC to get your status update. My experience with calling NVC is not so good. They are not sharing the info until our PD id current.

Kindly share the other forum details for the benefit of all the members on this forum....

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

can the January people call nvc please...i see other January people from a different forum getting interview confirmation!

what is your priority date and from which forum you get the update and do you call nvc because ihave called nvc they said me to wait and just keep observing the visa bulletin my priority date is 8th February 2005 now they are review the case after 22 December

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what is your priority date and from which forum you get the update and do you call nvc because ihave called nvc they said me to wait and just keep observing the visa bulletin my priority date is 8th February 2005 now they are review the case after 22 December

ohhh, my bad. I am actually from the F2A category and my priority date is June2015, however i do keep up with this forum for my cousin who is in the F3 category with a priority date of June2005. Yesterday the January 2015 filers from the F2a forum were posting about their interview confirmation and i just assumed the same would apply to this forum since both the F2a and the F3 category has been moving at a similar rate on the VB

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Today 28th September 2016, My case has been opened and now able for COA, and DS 261 and pay fees.

Although no WL yet.

Category F3                                                                       Documents submitted --  3 February 2017

PD 01 August 2005                                                          Case Complete --             17 October 2017

Case approval 09 January 2006                                    VB month for PD to be current -- November 2017

Changeability Rest of World                                           IL received --                                   10 January 2018

Invoice ID Available                                                          Interview Date --                             12 April  2018

Case open 28 September 2016                                     Status with AP                                 17 April 2018                                 

Welcome Letter 30 September 2016                            Status with Issued                          18 April 2018       

Invoice Paid -- 28 December 2016

DS 260 filled --  2 February 2017 

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Kelli....

Yes you can call NVC to get your status update. My experience with calling NVC is not so good. They are not sharing the info until our PD id current.

Kindly share the other forum details for the benefit of all the members on this forum....

do you go on ceac to check the status of your case

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

guys .i tried to translate this felrom the Vietnamese forum.but i couldn't have ful understand.

hi cả nhà! hiện tại có pd 11-1-2005 nhận thư pv,tạm thời lịch visa tháng 11 cho f3 tạm tăng 3 tuần,hy vọng f3 /2005 sẽ có những bước tiến hơn 2004 nhé.

please any Vietnamese memeber who can translate this ?

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

it looks like somebody with pd 11/1/2005.got il .so it is 3 weeks movement so far ..but I'm not sure of my understanding

it looks like somebody with pd 11/1/2005.got il .so it is 3 weeks movement so far ..but I'm not sure of my understanding

Timeline

This is the translation by the Microsoft

Hi all! There are currently 11-pd-1-2005 received a temporary visa calendar, pv in November for a temporary three-week rise, f3 hope f3/2005 will progress over 2004. Please any Vietnamese memeber who can translate this?

This is the translation by the Microsoft

Hi all! There are currently 11-pd-1-2005 received a temporary visa calendar, pv in November for a temporary three-week rise, f3 hope f3/2005 will progress over 2004. Please any Vietnamese memeber who can translate this?

PD 25 feb

Timeline

Google translation of the vietnamese post:

" hi all home! 11-1-2005 current mailing pd pv, temporary tourist visa in November to temporarily increase f3 3 weeks, hoping f3 / 2005 will have more than 2004 steps offline "

Still unable to understand but seems some one in Vietnam with PD 11 Jan. 2005 got the IL. But simultaneously tourist visa is also referred... dont know.. lets wait for our own letter...

My PD is 5th January 2005.

hi all home! 11-1-2005 current mailing pd pv, temporary tourist visa in November to temporarily increase f3 3 weeks, hoping f3 / 2005 will have more than 2004 steps offline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.