philipo

EAD OK SSC OK DL OK , can I travel without AP ? and how long ?

14 posts in this topic

Agreed with Jenny8. You can travel domestically within any of the 50 states of US, even without your SSC and DL, But it is advisable that you bring any ID (your passport) with you plus a valid immigration document. If your I-94 is still good, bring it with you. Or if you have received already your EAD and the NOA for your I-485, then bring them as well.

For international travels, you need AP or GC, whichever comes first, to re-enter US.

hey guys !

If I have my EAD and my ssc and my DL can I travel ? or do I really need to wait for the GC ?? and than I can travel a couple of weeks ?

please help ! :D

regards

and traveling

it means OUTSIDE THE USA right ??

I can still travel within usa with the airplanes right ? ( if I have me EAD ssc and DL )

regards

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Does your EAD card say on it "Serves as 512-L Advance Parole"?

If not, and you leave the US, then your AOS will be formally abandoned, you will lose $1100, and you will be stuck outside the USA.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to Working & Traveling During US Immigration - topic is travel ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Even if you have AP, it is not technically for travelling for fun...well..you know..

Yes it is.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes it is.

Really? When I filled out I131, I remember reading only 3 categories of travelling purposes: work, education and humanitarian...arr..I must have misunderstood it.

Really? When I filled out I131, I remember reading only 3 categories of travelling purposes: work, education and humanitarian...arr..I must have misunderstood it.

You didn't need to fill out that part. AP is routinely approved for people with AOS pending; if you read the instructions carefully you don't even need a reason to request it.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

and traveling

it means OUTSIDE THE USA right ??

I can still travel within usa with the airplanes right ? ( if I have me EAD ssc and DL )

regards

It looks like you did not submit form I-131 with your AOS application, therefore no, you will not be able to travel outside the US with your EAD since it won't have the "serves as I-512 advance parole". You will need to wait for your green card.

The green card could take a long time (up to a year). So if you plan to travel outside the US in the meantime you should submit form I-131 now, with a copy of your NOA1 from the I-485. It's free.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you had filled your paperwork out properly, your EAD/AP would have come as a "combo card" both on the same card!

Somebody, dropped the ball here..,.,.,you really missed it!

OP does not have his EAD yet, he is asking hypothetical questions and then sassing people when they don't understand his poorly typed English. So much for trying to help.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.