Sign in to follow this  
Pinakbet

Can i change my k1 visa to k3?

6 posts in this topic

My fiance and i get married last 2012 in philippines the registrar said they didnt send our record without our consent to nso so we expect we dont have any records of marriage. so i apply for 129f and already approved and ready for interview but my fiance needs cenomar for one of his requirements but they gave him our records of marriage just release last june 2014 so i was wondered if i need to continue my petition or withdraw it and file spouse visa? The uscis told me once the petition approved i cannot able to withdraw it. Please help me what to do.. I appreciate your time thank you !! Godbless!!

If you were already married you should have never filed K-1. You need file I-130 for spuse and pay the $420 fee for that. You pretty much just threw away $340 K-1 fee.

Edited by ksaini1982

USCIS K1 Fiance Visa Journey: I am the petitioner

6-22-2014 Engagement in India

7-10-2014 I-129F Mailed to Texas Lockbox

7-14-2014 USPS Delivery Confirmation Received via Text Message

7-22-2014 Received text message that case was received(forwarded to California Service Center) and check cashed

7-23-2014 Alien Registration number changed

7-29-2014 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

9-25-2014 Text & E-mail received about status change and checked USCIS website that says petition approved (NOA2)

9-30-2014 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

10-24-2014 Received letter from NVC with case number and that application will be forwarded to embassy

11-03-2014 Consulate Received packet from NVC

11-12-2014 Packet 3 Received

12-04-2014 Interview at US Embassy (Delhi) - Administrative Review

01-14-2015 Turned in papers for Administrative Review

01-28-2015 Turned in papers a 2nd time regarding Administrative Review

02-02-2015 Visa Received

02-21-2015 Entry into Unites State - POE Chicago, IL

03-07-2015 Marriage Date

03-16-2015 Applied for SSN

04-01-2015 Received Social Security Card in mail

04-15-2015 Mailed in I-485 (AOS) and I-785 (EAD)

04-22-2015 Received Text message from USCIS that application was accepted

04-28-2015 Received NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 in the mail

05-04-2015 Received Letter in Mail for Biometrics Appointment on 5/15/2015

05-15-2015 Biometrics Appointment Completed

07-13-2015 Employment Authorization Document Approved

07-23-2015 Employment Authorization Card Received in the mail

10-06-2015 I-485 Approved

10-15-2015 2 year Conditional Green Card Received

08-17-2017 Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions on Green Card

08-30-2017 Removal of Conditions NOA date and 1 year extension letter received

Thanks so much for the response before i file the k1 visa this march 2014 we tried to get marriage certificate in national static office or nso so i can file spouse visa before but they said the city registrar hasn't turn it in yet to them so we have no records at all..And the city registrar said they are not going to forward without our concent so we expect we have no records but this june my fiance trying to get cenomar for his interview but our marriage of records show up this june :(

If you got married before you filed for the K-1, that's immigration fraud. Why you would have done that is beyond me, because it will end up costing you more money and time in the long run. I have no idea how things work in the Philippines, but it sounds like you should have waited for the local registrar to give you the marriage certificate before sending your visa petition to USCIS.

My fiance and i get married last 2012 in philippines the registrar said they didnt send our record without our consent to nso so we expect we dont have any records of marriage. so i apply for 129f and already approved and ready for interview but my fiance needs cenomar for one of his requirements but they gave him our records of marriage just release last june 2014 so i was wondered if i need to continue my petition or withdraw it and file spouse visa? The uscis told me once the petition approved i cannot able to withdraw it. Please help me what to do.. I appreciate your time thank you !! Godbless!!

Screwed the pooch on that one, you are married, K-1 is a fiancee visa. Can't change visa types in mid-stream. Just stop everything with the K-1 and start over with the IR/CR-1 spousal visa.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.