RachelChel

No wedding ceremony as proof

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi,

Need advice here. Me and my husband registered our marriage in Santa Clara county office July ago. Because we are married less than 2 years, the uscis wanted to see proof of wedding.

We took the express ceremony in the counter. So no picture taken. We are planning to have a wedding reception only in Malaysia in October. So means we will not have the ceremony picture needed.

What should I do? Or is it ok we just submit our reception picture?

Thanks.

Rachel

Hmmmm, interesting. I thought a copy of marriage certificate would be sufficient as a proof. Did you get a request for evidence for this matter?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Hi,

They asked for 8 proofs and we have to show up to 5 evidence. The wedding ceremony/ reception pictures looks like is not optional.

If you don't mind, would you like to type on here what exactly the wording of the request of evidence that they have asked from you?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

There you go.

If you have been married less than two years send up to 5 of the following documents listing both your and your spouses name:
Tax returns
Bank statements
Leases / Mortgage documents
Medical insurance cards/statements
Utility bills
Auto insurance cards/statements
Wedding invitation
Children’s birth certificates
Also send 4-8 color photocopies of photographs of you and your spouse at your wedding
If you and your spouse do not reside at the same address please contact the Project Manager
Got this from my husband thru email.

This is very intriguing because there are many people hadn't a chance to take a picture when they had their civil wedding and never encountered any problem at all so far.

If you don't have any, just write a letter stating that when you had a civil wedding no one took a picture from both of you and already have a plan to get a reception in your home country in October. Probably you also can ask someone from the place where you had the civil wedding to get a sworn statement about your situation.

Are you adjusting from K-1 visa? If yes, then what the date is when you filed your I-485?

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Ok I will try to enquire about that.

Nope, my husband is not a citizen as well. He works there with a H-1B visa. I am on tourist visa and applying for H4 next month in order to be able to move there with him.

His company is applying Green Card for him now and is at the stage where they need to file for AOS. So since we married less than 2 years they require us to provide proof. Which is so bothering now. Cause we have yet to open a joint account and of cause we dont have utilities bills with both names on. I am living in Malaysia and he is in San Jose area.

Ok I will try to enquire about that.

Nope, my husband is not a citizen as well. He works there with a H-1B visa. I am on tourist visa and applying for H4 next month in order to be able to move there with him.

His company is applying Green Card for him now and is at the stage where they need to file for AOS. So since we married less than 2 years they require us to provide proof. Which is so bothering now. Cause we have yet to open a joint account and of cause we dont have utilities bills with both names on. I am living in Malaysia and he is in San Jose area.

Oh I am sorry. I thought you filed I-485 based on married to the US citizen through K-1 visa. I honestly open to say that don't have any single of knowledge regarding your situation. Let others chime in and good luck for your immigration process.

Please ask moderators to move your post in proper sub forum in order to get correct responses.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Thanks. I am new to this forum. Can advice how i ask to move mine to correct forum?

Thanks.

Send private message to this user.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/37232-tbonetx/

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Hi,

Need advice here. Me and my husband registered our marriage in Santa Clara county office July ago. Because we are married less than 2 years, the uscis wanted to see proof of wedding.

We took the express ceremony in the counter. So no picture taken. We are planning to have a wedding reception only in Malaysia in October. So means we will not have the ceremony picture needed.

What should I do? Or is it ok we just submit our reception picture?

Thanks.

Rachel

Proof of wedding is the Marriage Certificate. I would get several certified copies from your vital records place.

Dave

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Proof of wedding is the Marriage Certificate. I would get several certified copies from your vital records place.

Dave

Agree! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks. I am new to this forum. Can advice how i ask to move mine to correct forum?

Thanks.

Click the "report" button in the first post of the thread and type your request to move the thread. This alerts the entire Moderation team. If you only send a PM to one Moderator, then your request will not be seen until that one person comes online which could be a while depending on circumstances. By using the report portal, the first Moderator to log in after you make that request will see it and act on it accordingly.

**Moved from Adjustment of Status from Family Based Visas forum to Work Visas forum; OP is seeking status as relative of H1-B visa holder.**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So who asked for the proof? The lawyer of the company or USCIS?

My guess the lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.