10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have read about "red flags" :Things that may make the interviewer suspicious of fraud. According to the source I read, me and my fiancee have three of those that they listed. Although proof of our relationship was provided when filing the I-129f and my fiancee will have more proof of our relationship when interview time comes, should I be concerned? Actually I am.

Timeline

1. We met through a relative of hers that visited the U.S.

2. My fiancee attempted to visit me on two different occasions via a tourist visa. She was denied both times. I eventually visited her last March and I'm going again in October.

Sorry.....just two not three

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am not even sure that is one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can't see why you two having met through a relative would be a red flag. And the prior tourist visa denial has no bearing on your K-1 application. Different visa, different set of circumstances, different process (unless she was denied because of something like a previous overstay, a criminal record, etc.).

Timeline

Alright....I guess what really bothers me is the fact that they say that her country is a high fraud country....I guess I should stop digging to deep and provide the all the proofs and paperwork and everything will be ok.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When my fiance (now husband) was interviewed for the K1, they did ask about the visitor visa he'd applied for (but was denied). At the time he'd written on his application to visit that we were friends. The consular officer at his K1 interview made a point to ask why he would even put that we were friends on our visitor visa application if indeed we were boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance/fiancee. My fiance explained that we hadn't seen each other in 3 years, so we weren't sure before meeting one another again if we even wanted to go the route of dating. He said there was no way we would ever consider ourselves in a relationship until we saw one another in person and verified the feelings we thought we were feeling online were the same feelings we felt when we were in person. Thankfully they were, and our relationship took off.

My point in mentioning this is that if the information on the visitor visa doesn't line up with the information on the K1 visa application, it could receive more scutiny.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

According to the answer given by a Consular Officer in Lagos and I quote

"Marrying on a first time visit or DENIAL OF PREVIOUS VISA APPLICATIONS IS NOT A RED FLAG OR AN INDICATION OF VISA FRAUD, AS LONG AS THE BENEFICIARY CAN DISCUSS CREDIBLY ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP/UNION, THE BENEFICIARY WILL BE FINE"

Your fiancee should be fine as long as she can talk about your relationship and answer all the questions asked by the Consular officer.

Edited by EOC4ever

Timeline

According to the answer given by a Consular Officer in Lagos and I quote

"Marrying on a first time visit or DENIAL OF PREVIOUS VISA APPLICATIONS IS NOT A RED FLAG OR AN INDICATION OF VISA FRAUD, AS LONG AS THE BENEFICIARY CAN DISCUSS CREDIBLY ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP/UNION, THE BENEFICIARY WILL BE FINE"

Your fiancee should be fine as long as she can talk about your relationship and answer all the questions asked by the Consular officer.

Thanks....that's very reassuring. I feel better.

I have read about "red flags" :Things that may make the interviewer suspicious of fraud. According to the source I read, me and my fiancee have three of those that they listed. Although proof of our relationship was provided when filing the I-129f and my fiancee will have more proof of our relationship when interview time comes, should I be concerned? Actually I am.

I will share my experience. I met my now wife on-line on July 29, 2012. I first visited her on September 15, 2012 in her country (Philippines). I proposed on September 18, 2013. (Hired a video production company to video the event and take hundreds of photos) We were married in Philippines on September 22, 2012. (Hired the same video production company to video the event and take hundreds of photos) Five photos of both the engagement surprise and the wedding were included with the CR-1 application. I flew to Manila to attend the interview with her at the embassy. This trip was my third trip to visit her. The CO asked me more questions than they did my wife. A total of eight months almost to the day after our application was filed we flew to the US together. By the way did I mention that she was 19 at the time and I was 56? So talk about red flags??? We had no problems. I am sure you guys will be fine. Wanna see the video's? Search youtube for David Olsten Best Ever Surprise Marrriage Proposal In Philippines 9/18/2012. You can even watch out wedding!

God Bless you both... take a deep breath

Aloha ke akua

Edited by David & Zoila

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.