The Nature Boy

20 Year Old Executed by Police, Allegedly for Wearing Headphones, Unable to Hear Orders

98 posts in this topic

But the Police State and all. That's NB's schtick here as of late. He's feverishly searching the internetz for anything that supports his police state paranoia. Can't you play along just a little? Coming in with friggin' facts and shite? He doesn't do facts. Why do you do this to him?

I am going to have to assign a letter to the Does not do facts gag.

So because a white kid has had a few brushes with the law, he deserves to die ?

Filed: Timeline

Well, you seem to be much more tolerant of that concept when the victim isn't white.

If memory serves me correctly, TM's criminal history and character were major issues for you in the deciding factor of justifying the actions of GZ. Why does that change for a white kid?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If memory serves me correctly, TM's criminal history and character were major issues for you in the deciding factor of justifying the actions of GZ. Why does that change for a white kid?

Good point. However, that didn't stop the 24/7 news coverage for TM, and the outrage. Where's the outrage for this guy?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Good point. However, that didn't stop the 24/7 news coverage for TM, and the outrage. Where's the outrage for this guy?

It's a different playing field on many levels.

This kid was scarier than TM. 2 felonies? Not that he should have been shot for nothing, but you seem to be going to bat for a guy who was a straight up criminal.

I think anyone that's gunned down when they're not breaking the law, there should be some coverage and outrage. No matter the color.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

This kid was scarier than TM. 2 felonies? Not that he should have been shot for nothing, but you seem to be going to bat for a guy who was a straight up criminal.

If the kid was black, NB would be singing a different tune. He'd not call him a kid but a thug, for starters.

Timeline

I think anyone that's gunned down when they're not breaking the law, there should be some coverage and outrage. No matter the color.

Agreed, but that's not the case.

Agreed, but that's not the case.

Break it down for me. I'm coming to the party late.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Break it down for me. I'm coming to the party late.

Same here.

It seems this unarmed white kid was shot and killed by the cops. Not a peep from most of the media. However, in another case an unarmed black kid was shot and killed by the cops and it's front page news. I know that's a comparison on the most basic level, but I think that's the jist of it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Where would you like to start? The first few issues that come to mind are race, economics, media sensationalism and police brutality.

I think that people of color in lower income neighborhoods, fall victim to this sort of thing much more often than white folks do, which is probably the main reason for the difference in the outrage between the two.

Timeline

Where would you like to start? The first few issues that come to mind are race, economics, media sensationalism and police brutality.

I think that people of color in lower income neighborhoods, fall victim to this sort of thing much more often than white folks do, which is probably the main reason for the difference in the outrage between the two.

So I think what you're saying is that this dead kid would've gotten more attention if he were black simply because black people tend to come from lower income neighborhoods, despite the fact the kid in this story may have come from a low income neighborhood himself. People of color also commit more crimes than white folks do, yet if those facts are brought to light, it's somehow racist.

I think I got it now. It's only ok to bring race into the conversation when a minority is the victim. However, if you bring race into the conversation when the person committing the crime is a minority, than that's out of bounds.

Yay for equality!

Edited by Karee

So I think what you're saying is that this dead kid would've gotten more attention if he were black simply because black people tend to come from lower income neighborhoods, despite the fact the kid in this story may have come from a low income neighborhood himself. People of color also commit more crimes than white folks do, yet if those facts are brought to light, it's somehow racist.

I think I got it now. It's only ok to bring race into the conversation when a minority is the victim. However, if you bring race into the conversation when the person committing the crime is a minority, than that's out of bounds.

Yay for equality!

No that's not what I'm saying at all. What I wrote wasn't even close to this. If you want to spout off on your tangent, just do it. There's no need to distort my statement in a way that makes it fit your agenda.

Yay for equality!

And that's where you slipped. This would be relevant if the person that was killed was shot during a criminal act. Because Michael Brown wasn't a criminal. He didn't have a record. And there are plenty of crimes that white people commit at a higher rate than black people. The murder rate is higher, but on the rest of the criminal scale, white people are way ahead.

So are you saying that it's ok to be punished for other people's actions because they share the same skin color as you?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg