The Nature Boy

20 Year Old Executed by Police, Allegedly for Wearing Headphones, Unable to Hear Orders

98 posts in this topic

This kid was scarier than TM. 2 felonies? Not that he should have been shot for nothing, but you seem to be going to bat for a guy who was a straight up criminal.

I think anyone that's gunned down when they're not breaking the law, there should be some coverage and outrage. No matter the color.

No I was pointing out that many did the same thing for TM.

If the kid was black, NB would be singing a different tune. He'd not call him a kid but a thug, for starters.

Really. Go over to the thread about the Kid shot in Missouri. What song am I singing there. Right ! Next dumb statement ?

I was applying the same logic, to this case, many of you applied to the TM case. I think a persons past behavior does come into play. Oddly some of the same cast of characters did not seem to have a problem with it here.

It's called hypocritical exposure by analogy

That was kind of my point. Thanks

You never hear national outrage when white homeless men are shot in the back, or in this case. Of course that issue is not the fault of black people. They defend their own. Can't fault them for that, but you can for the burning and looting

and if memory serves me correct you were outraged. Why not in this case.

I swear you do drugs while posting here.

I swear you do drugs while posting here.

I swear I wish I was doing drugs when posting here. The situational ethics of many of you would be much more easy to tolerate .

Does anyone know the statistics for how many unarmed people (I don't care about the race) are shot by the police every year in the US?

someone posted something about this yesterday, but i don't think local police departments are required to report this sort of information for tracking.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone know the statistics for how many unarmed people (I don't care about the race) are shot by the police every year in the US?

The FBI does not keep racial stats except for 1-on-1 crime.. They do have "justifiable homicide" by law enforcement with stats here: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-14 - seems to run around 400 per year.

a Dailykos blog entry claims 136 unarmed African Americans were shot in 2012 - that includes Police, security guards, and vigilantes.. They have pullouts from the study but do not say what the study is or any links so there is no way to separate the police count from that number.. .They do point to a democracynow article but that also only talks about the "study" with no links or hard numbers other that the combined 136... http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/24/1226172/-Police-Guards-Vigilantes-shot-down-136-Unarmed-African-Americans-on-2012#

30 police were killed by gunfire in 2013... a few more were stabbed, and a handful purposely ran over by cars.. that seems to be on par with other years.

Still looking for better stats...

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I was applying the same logic, to this case, many of you applied to the TM case. I think a persons past behavior does come into play. Oddly some of the same cast of characters did not seem to have a problem with it here.

It's called hypocritical exposure by analogy

That was kind of my point. Thanks

You never hear national outrage when white homeless men are shot in the back, or in this case. Of course that issue is not the fault of black people. They defend their own. Can't fault them for that, but you can for the burning and looting

and if memory serves me correct you were outraged. Why not in this case.

Primarily because black people can't separate themselves from the bad elements like white people can do so effortlessly. A white person goes on a rampage, they're crazy. It's that simple. Nothing ties your whole people to criminal behavior. A black or hispanic person does the same thing, now we're all in the same gang. It's touched upon every time a black person is killed that's not a criminal. We have to put up the crime rate. Because it's justification as to why that kid was gunned down, even though he was doing nothing wrong.

It's victim blaming in a sense. If we stop being SAFable, if we didn't commit crimes, if we pull our pants up, white people would accept us with open arms.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

i'm sorry, but catching a felony in your teens or twenties is not at all uncommon anymore. interesting read, http://mic.com/articles/51551/most-americans-commit-three-felonies-a-day-and-here-s-what-happens-if-they-get-caught

Filed: Timeline
Really. Go over to the thread about the Kid shot in Missouri. What song am I singing there. Right ! Next dumb statement ?

Oh, that's not the thread I was talking about. There were other shooting victims whose graves you were trampling on.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

I would? How do you come to that conclusion? I don't think I have commented on the other incident either. Generally speaking, I don't find myself trampling on the victims graves regardless of the color of their skin. That cannot be said about others around here - NB included.

Trampling on graves ..... Rofl

drama-queen-alert.png

I wonder if the kid was wearing Beats headphones?

Actually I think the story said he was... Well there you have it. He got shot for having on Dr. Dre's headphones

I wonder if the kid was wearing Beats headphones?

Actually I think the story said he was... Well there you have it. He got shot for having on Dr. Dre's headphones

i'm sorry, but catching a felony in your teens or twenties is not at all uncommon anymore. interesting read, http://mic.com/articles/51551/most-americans-commit-three-felonies-a-day-and-here-s-what-happens-if-they-get-caught

But it's still not a good thing.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Primarily because black people can't separate themselves from the bad elements like white people can do so effortlessly. A white person goes on a rampage, they're crazy. It's that simple. Nothing ties your whole people to criminal behavior. A black or hispanic person does the same thing, now we're all in the same gang. It's touched upon every time a black person is killed that's not a criminal. We have to put up the crime rate. Because it's justification as to why that kid was gunned down, even though he was doing nothing wrong.

It's victim blaming in a sense. If we stop being SAFable, if we didn't commit crimes, if we pull our pants up, white people would accept us with open arms.

It's a shame it has to all be about race. I wish we could all join together and stop killing kids. Making it about race just polarizes. If somehow the logical people in Missouri of all races, could just wait until the facts come out, then join hands and ensure justice is served, I think much more people would be sympathetic . When people loot and burn before the facts are out, it turns people off.