Kay&Jay

Fiance Chnaging Mind.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I read a lot of people complaining about their fiancé changing their mind on their relationship after reaching the state.Did anybody experience that?

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's often not so much changing their mind as being no longer interested in the relationship once they are in the US and on course for the green card. But there have been people who have got to the US and then not even married because life together wasn't what they expected/wanted it to be.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

I/we have not experienced that problem however it seems most people from third world countries all just assume that we Americans are all millionaires. As do the families left behind. Every time I visited they thought there was money to be doled out and I believe most of them still believe that way. That's not to say that we don't help support my wife's family because we do. But people literally come out of the woodwork when they hear their distant relative is going to marry an American. Fortunately I was honest and straightforward with my wife before she ever moved here and she understood that we would not be millionaires. However, she is living a life with 50 times more luxuries and amenities than she ever did before which by the way causes some heartache for her sometimes in the way of Catholic guilt. It's a shame but sometimes even sleeping on a mattress makes her feel guilty. We as Americans really have no idea how good we have it. I lived and experienced the Philippines for a few months and we truly are a fortunate society here in the US. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes we are really fortunate indeed! I am from Canada (beneficiary) and my mom's family is actually from the Philippines. For some reason they think we are rolling in money because we live in Canada. We just work hard to have the things that we have. I am grateful that I was born here and living here for the past 24 years. Now off to another great country - the U.S. :)

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Yes we are really fortunate indeed! I am from Canada (beneficiary) and my mom's family is actually from the Philippines. For some reason they think we are rolling in money because we live in Canada. We just work hard to have the things that we have. I am grateful that I was born here and living here for the past 24 years. Now off to another great country - the U.S. :)

Amen to that and God Bless you on your journey too.

Aloha

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You aren't kidding. My fiancée has a refrigerator now since they all got sick eating fish leftover from the night before, I couldn't stand it. Things we don't even think about. I explained a dishwasher the other day (on Skype :-( )she looked at me like I was from Mars. I think the biggest thing for her will be not washing the kid's only school uniform every day in a washtub.

Yeah, her mother was po'd once that I refused to buy them a house. When I saw the house they were in, I understood. I can't buy them the house, but I understood.

God bless the third world, we here in the first are already blessed.

Spousal Visa

NOA-1 8-2-2018 TSC

NOA-2 3-15-2019

You aren't kidding. My fiancée has a refrigerator now since they all got sick eating fish leftover from the night before, I couldn't stand it. Things we don't even think about. I explained a dishwasher the other day (on Skype :-( )she looked at me like I was from Mars. I think the biggest thing for her will be not washing the kid's only school uniform every day in a washtub.

Yeah, her mother was po'd once that I refused to buy them a house. When I saw the house they were in, I understood. I can't buy them the house, but I understood.

God bless the third world, we here in the first are already blessed.

Amen to that! I think all high school seniors in the US should be sent to a third world country, such as the Philippines for a 1 month stay to see how the rest of the world lives. I have a feeling that the "entitlement brats" would soon become a thing of the past. Of course they could not stay in a 5 star hotel in Manila. Perhaps they would have to stay in Cebu City near the pier and in squatter ares, such as where my wife comes from. I saw all this stuff on TV but it never really meant anything until I experienced it first hand. Yeah her family has no fridge, washing machine, stove, running water, etc... I bought them a fridge before we left but we can;t afford to buy them a house yet either.

Filed: Timeline

That's life, some are born lucky while other's not so much. Why did you find a spouse oversea (please don't answer, it's a rhetorical question), should everyone experience that in order to understand the difficulties of immigration process? Should everyone join the military as well, so we understand what freedom costs?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's life, some are born lucky while other's not so much. Why did you find a spouse oversea (please don't answer, it's a rhetorical question), should everyone experience that in order to understand the difficulties of immigration process? Should everyone join the military as well, so we understand what freedom costs?

ARE YOU FROM PHILIPPINES?

ARE YOU FROM PHILIPPINES?

Wow, some people are so insensitive, aren't they? My wife is from Philippines and I have seen the way most of them have to live, barely getting by. My earlier post was just pointing this out but the subsequent poster had a real problem with my idea I guess. And of course we have no idea where that poster is from because after one full year of being on Visa Journey he/she has never started a timeline. Figures...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow, some people are so insensitive, aren't they? My wife is from Philippines and I have seen the way most of them have to live, barely getting by. My earlier post was just pointing this out but the subsequent poster had a real problem with my idea I guess. And of course we have no idea where that poster is from because after one full year of being on Visa Journey he/she has never started a timeline. Figures...

You right I wonder too ,that's why I'm asking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

hmmmm

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

1.) That's life, some are born lucky while other's not so much. 2.) Why did you find a spouse oversea (please don't answer, it's a rhetorical question), 3.) should everyone experience that in order to understand the difficulties of immigration process? 4. ) Should everyone join the military as well, so we understand what freedom costs?

1.) True. But that doesn't mean others who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth should just ignore the people that don't have money to buy food...

2.) I will answer. I did not choose to "find a spouse overseas". It just happened. We fell in love. The "overseas" part as you put it had nothing to do with it.

3.) My point of high school students experiencing how a huge portion of the world lives in poverty had NOTHING to do with the immigration process. It has to do with those of us who are so blessed seeing just how fortunate we are. I know my seeing this has changed my life forever. I now appreciate everything in life more than I ever did. My wife and I also support more charities now and hopefully in the future one day we will open an orphanage in the Philippines. It's truly inspiring to see how the poorest people on the planet that often don't have food to eat manage to smile and laugh despite their unfortunate circumstances. And yet many young people in this country and other similar countries complain when their xbox isn't working or when our phones go out of range.

4.) Perhaps. But fortunately we have a volunteer armed forces now and no longer have a draft. So those that want to serve are already serving. And I thank each and every one of them personally when I see them walking down the street in uniform whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

God Bless America.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.