15 posts in this topic

My I129-F was submitted on Jan 30, 2014. The SRC number was issued on Feb 10, 2014.

My case is still showing in process. I have called a few times unfortunately you can't talk to anyone that actually knows any specifics regarding the workflow or status of cases.

Could others with cases pending at the TSC provide an update with date sent in, case status, etc?

It would be great to have some info from others that are in the same boat as me so we can see what is really happening.

The USCIS says the average is now 6 months as of June 30th. My case has now been in process for over 6 months.

Thanks

Edited by pilot11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

If I'm not mistaken, processing begins with your NOA1 date. Which, in your case, is 2/10/14. This means your case will be at 6 months on Sunday. This wait isn't anything abnormal, obviously, as the new average is 6 months. It seems the TSC has only really begun to process some of the February filers in the last week or two.

My NOA1 was received on 2/25/14 and I am officially at 5.5 months today without hearing anything. There are still a number of January filers who have not heard anything either. It does seem that TSC has been picking up a little lately, so keep your hopes up on hearing something soon. Many people at the TSC with dates around your NOA1 have begun to receive their approvals. If you haven't already, I would recommend writing a letter to your state senators and to your district congressman requesting assistance with your case status. It may not necessarily help to expedite the process, but at least makes you feel like you're doing something proactive rather than just helplessly waiting. I just sent out my letters yesterday, so hope to get an update sometime next week.

In any case, don't worry. You're definitely not alone here! :)

Edited by caiti92

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Thanks for the reply.

Upon looking at the letter they sent me I found the actual date was Feb 05,2014 so I am a few days closer.

At the 5 month point I called and was told that they were running 60 days behind, which would put mine at 7 months. I checked 2 weeks later and was told that they had only moved about 1 week further down the list, so that would put me at over 7 months.

Unfortunately there is no way to actually talk to the people processing the forms so the canned responses are about the only info we can receive , which is practically useless.

Some people have said they got theirs in 2-4 months.

Timeline

Those filers at the TSC who receive approval in 2-4 months are almost always expedited cases (specifically those where the beneficiary is from the Philippines). Others who receive approval so quickly have their petitions located at other service centers. I know of people who submitted their petitions two months after us and are already married and living together in the U.S. This process is certainly anything but fair, that's for sure.

Also, I wouldn't rely upon the people you have spoken with. Processing times vary depending on each petition, the necessity for extra security checks, criminal backgrounds, whether the beneficiary is from a high fraud country and the the speed of the officers who are assigned your case. There really are sooooooo many variables involved.

Edit: also, contacting your state representatives is the only real way you can actually get an update specific to the status of your case.

Edited by caiti92

I am the petitioner.

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/29/14 - NVC Left

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a February filer... about 5.5 months since NOA1. I haven't heard anything yet :(

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

So I got my NOA1 on January 24 and got my NOA2 182 days later. Hang in there. It's coming. I did file a congressional inquiry but I don't think it actually helped the process - I think it made me feel a little more sane, as though I was actually doing something, but I don't think it actually made TSC process my petition any quicker. Actually, it took TSC 3 weeks to get back to my congresswoman's office re: the inquiry. ALSO when I finally did get the response from the inquiry, they told me I needed to wait another 45 business days (9 weeks). Luckily I got NOA2 the next day.

Don't listen to the dates that the call center gives you, THEY ARE OLD!!!! The call center only gets updated information every few months. So for your own sanity, don't listen to what they're saying. Check people's timelines on here, that will give you a better idea of how things are going.

Also the people you're hearing about that are getting their approvals in 2 months are California filers, not TSC folks, unfortunately.

It would seem that TSC is processing things between 5.5 and 7 months, and it's random which ones are getting pulled first.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My noa1 was dated on the 5th of February too and we were accepted on the 30th of July so fingers crossed it won't be much longer for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Our NOA1 came on Feb. 18th, 2014, and we're still anxiously waiting for any news. Seeing a lot of action recently in TSC cases with similar processing dates, fingers crossed we get some news SOON! Hang in there, I'm learning the true meaning of my mother's old adage "patience is a virtue!"

I had not heard that contacting your state rep could help expedite the process. Does anyone have any tips for a foreign resident (I live in Peru but my last permanent address was in Oregon) wanting to contact a state representative? Thanks so much!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

Upon looking at the letter they sent me I found the actual date was Feb 05,2014 so I am a few days closer.

At the 5 month point I called and was told that they were running 60 days behind, which would put mine at 7 months. I checked 2 weeks later and was told that they had only moved about 1 week further down the list, so that would put me at over 7 months.

Unfortunately there is no way to actually talk to the people processing the forms so the canned responses are about the only info we can receive , which is practically useless.

Some people have said they got theirs in 2-4 months.

I filed my application in early Feb 2014 (check my timeline for actual dates) and I received a letter on 08/04/14 indicating that I would receive the decision within 60 days: at that moment, I was so frustrated because I meant the review would take around 8 months, however the following day I got the approval at night.

Do not let those comments of 60+ days to put you down. based on your filing date, you should receive your approval soon. Stay positive and keep calling, I can tell you, one of my calls was responded by an agent who filed a request for me to find out the status of the case although most of the agent will tell you they can, it just a matter of luck.

Timeline

Just to put it out there: there's news going around VJ that a lot of petitions from April and May are being transferred away from the TSC. While this may not necessarily effect us Jan/Feb/March filers, it may still mean good things for some of us.

I am the petitioner.

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/29/14 - NVC Left

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: Timeline

We got NOA-1 notice on Feb 18th and was over 5 months waiting.. had contacted TSC and was told they are way behind.. I contacted my Senator in TN. and they called the TSC and in 1 week we was approved for NOA-2 on Aug. 8th WOOHOO.. if you are over contact your senator.. they have people that handle this kind of things.. Mine called the TSC and ask about our Visa and told them he was very interested in our visa..and suddenly we have the Approval.. so do not give up if you are over the 5 months call your senator and tell them the problem and that you are trying to do a visa in the correct way and as a US citizen the Govt. should help since you are doing all things by the rules.. WOOHOO soon Lena will be here from Ukraine to TN..

Good Luck

Tim and Lena

• 1 month later...

Finally got my approval on Sept 16/2014. I received the I-797 approval notice on the 23rd but in the body of the text it states " The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed CONSULATE"

I called the TSC and was told they sent it to the NVC on the 19th. I called the NVC and they have not received it yet. They say they wont see it for 5 weeks. I have heard others say it only takes a week or 2 to get there and be processed.

I hope the text on my approval doesn't somehow sidetrack my case and extend the processing again.

This system is really screwed up!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.