pjm109

CR1 - NVC Delay - Just got this email from NVC

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just spoke to customer service today. When you send your documents or responses to the NVC be sure to use nvcelectronic@state.gov as well as the normal nvcattorney@state.gov. My attorney refuses to use the first one because they think the attorney one gets higher priority which is not true according to the customer service representative.

It is so hard to stay hopeful.

Filed: Timeline

I just got the same email today so they obviously haven't cleared their backlog since August. Does anyone know if I can go the US on a tourist visa with my family, wait there to be called for the interivew in Sydney, fly to Sydney, then back to the US? I assume I would need a return ticket so I'd have to guess the interview date?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I just got the same email today so they obviously haven't cleared their backlog since August. Does anyone know if I can go the US on a tourist visa with my family, wait there to be called for the interivew in Sydney, fly to Sydney, then back to the US? I assume I would need a return ticket so I'd have to guess the interview date?

You can indeed visit the US while your visa is pending. Do make sure however to bring lots of case documentation with you (especially the paperwork from the gov't, like NOA1 and 2, NVC invoices, etc), and do make sure you have a return ticket.

Don't forget your medical exams !

• Want to transfer money from abroad to a US account? Or do you want to transfer money from your US account to your foreign loved one? Use TransferWise for rates MUCH lower than banks! Click HERE to TRANSFER MONEY internationally CHEAP!
  • You have some bad remarks on your credit report, and want to clean it up by the time your loved one comes to the US? Use a reputable Credit Repair company. Fortress Credit Pro has a money back guarantee AND only charges you for entries that are actually removed! Click here to enroll for Credit Repair

(Disclosure: The links to TransferWise and FortressPro are affiliate links, and their use can accumulate in benefits for me. Using the links does offer a discount to you by using them over enrolling through the main website, unless any promotions are run by the company)

I got a request for an updated AOS after 55 days of waiting. (It was to change the income number by $900 and that is it). I'm wondering if my application will go back of the pile (another 60 days) or it would be processed quickly considering the only item missing is the AOS. Let me know if anyone has been through making updates and waiting again.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I got a request for an updated AOS after 55 days of waiting. (It was to change the income number by $900 and that is it). I'm wondering if my application will go back of the pile (another 60 days) or it would be processed quickly considering the only item missing is the AOS. Let me know if anyone has been through making updates and waiting again.

Thanks.

Yep,

you will have to wait for 60 more days... And if they are not happy with your answer then you will have another checklist and then wait another 60 days....

• 1 month later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I would just like to ask, will NVC review your case even if your IV fee bill is not yet paid? they have acknowledge that they have receive my papers last month, is it possible i will get a case complete? Just wondering...

• 2 weeks later...

My husband got that same email from in NVC and right exactly after 60 days after we received my Packet 4 or my Appointment for interview :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.