Butterfly123

Quitting and Starting All Over Again

68 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Come on! Get your head in the game! You will not give up. You will do this. Got it? Then Get it!

You've already gotten this far and there is no way in h*ll that you are letting up. The System will not win this! This is you and YOUR chance to prove to the System that you can overcome anything!

What is your main goal? To be with your loved one? Well get up and GET IT DONE! No looking back!

How bad do you want it? Tell me how bad do you want this? Then GET IT! The pain is worth the treasure!

We are ALL with you! BEAST through it!

Edited by JIJourney

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I called the Belgian embassy about this. They told me that because I am married to a Belgian citizen then I would not need a visa to stay there. I can just pack my bags and go if I like. The key word is citizen. In your case I'd just wait on the USCIS for a few more months. Both of you moving to another country will create a whole new dynamic in your relationship. Neither of you will have family or friends close.

Hang in there ok? (F)

Edited by Married4Life13

Married 11/08/2013

USCIS

01/25/14- Mailed I-130 form

01/31/14- NOA1

02/05/14- Check Cashed

05/29/14- NOA2

NVC

06/04/14- NVC Received

06/24/14- Case Number Assigned

07/01/14- Requested NVC expedite

07/09/14- DS-261 available and completed

07/16/14- AOS paid

07/17/14- Expedite approved

09/08/14- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You are ALLOWED to complain and be upset about it. We've all gone through it - whether it's waiting for a visa or just handling a long distance relationship in general. You have to get it out of your system. If complaining about it or whining or whatever is how it comes out - so be it. Just keep your head up!

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Come on! Get your head in the game! You will not give up. You will do this. Got it? Then Get it!

You've already gotten this far and there is no way in h*ll that you are letting up. The System will not win this! This is you and YOUR chance to prove to the System that you can overcome anything!

What is your main goal? To be with your loved one? Well get up and GET IT DONE! No looking back!

How bad do you want it? Tell me how bad do you want this? Then GET IT! The pain is worth the treasure!

We are ALL with you! BEAST through it!

LOL...it was the first time I laughed in three days!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL...it was the first time I laughed in three days!

From someone with Armed Forces background, tough love is very common within. I have been on these forums for a long, long time and I believe this is one of the reasons all the veterans and even the new guys here really respect my opinion because I give it a different perspective. To starting anew to being where me and my fiance are now, we are very humbled. It is normal to feel like quitting, but just give yourself a pep talk and hype yourself up! We have helped many on these forums and seeing happy couple faces and families is what makes all of this worthwhile. You can ask anyone and they will tell you that we will tell you straight to the point and give our best opinion. Good luck on your Journey and if you need anything let us know!

Come on just do it! No questions asked. This is getting done!

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Spouses of EU citizens don't need visas to live in the EU.

None EU pouses of EU citizens have a right to stay 90 days at the time without visa. They don't need visa to enter the EU, but they DO need it if they intend to stay longer than 90 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

In Belgium you can stay with your spouse as long as you have an Apostille marriage certificate. The process is completed while you are there.

Edited by Married4Life13

Married 11/08/2013

USCIS

01/25/14- Mailed I-130 form

01/31/14- NOA1

02/05/14- Check Cashed

05/29/14- NOA2

NVC

06/04/14- NVC Received

06/24/14- Case Number Assigned

07/01/14- Requested NVC expedite

07/09/14- DS-261 available and completed

07/16/14- AOS paid

07/17/14- Expedite approved

09/08/14- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

None EU pouses of EU citizens have a right to stay 90 days at the time without visa. They don't need visa to enter the EU, but they DO need it if they intend to stay longer than 90 days.

For France:

EU-national's family members who are not EU-nationals

The non-EU spouse and children under 21 of an EU citizen in France are entitled to live and work in the country but require a residence permit (Carte de Séjour). These rights extended to dependent parents too, but the requirements to demonstrate dependency are complex (seek information from the French Embassy before departure).

Application for residency must be made at the Préfecture, within three months of entry in to France. A receipt (récépissé) is issued on application and a residency permit (membre de la famille d'un citoyen de l'Union) is sent within six months of application. The permit is valid for up to five years; it must be renewed at least two months before the expiry date. It is issued at no cost.

My personal experience being married to a German citizen:

My husband belongs to an EU country, but I do not. I know my spouse is entitled to free entry and freedom of movement. I suppose being married to him will enable me to have the same rights. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct! You have the same rights as your husband. Your status is generally dependent upon marriage. Especially, in your case it would be wise to register at the foreigners office in order to get a "residence card" (Aufenthaltskarte). This stamp will make sure that no (police) officer comes up with the idea you are living here illegally. N.B. This is not a permission granted (Aufenthaltsgenehmigung) but just a formal acknowledgment of your status.

For France:

EU-national's family members who are not EU-nationals

The non-EU spouse and children under 21 of an EU citizen in France are entitled to live and work in the country but require a residence permit (Carte de Séjour)...

My personal experience being married to a German citizen:

My husband belongs to an EU country, but I do not. I know my spouse is entitled to free entry and freedom of movement. I suppose being married to him will enable me to have the same rights. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct! You have the same rights as your husband. Your status is generally dependent upon marriage. Especially, in your case it would be wise to register at the foreigners office in order to get a "residence card" ...

Yes, I understand - residence card or residence permit is needed. Our personal experience is: to issue a residence permit takes up to 4 months, non-EU resident is allowed to stay 3 months (90 days) per 6-month of period. If the residence card is not issued by the end of 3 months (bureaucracy is everywhere), the non-EU resident has to leave the country and come back when they can stay again legally. It is after 6 months. I know it, we been there and it is awful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yes, I understand - residence card or residence permit is needed. Our personal experience is: to issue a residence permit takes up to 4 months, non-EU resident is allowed to stay 3 months (90 days) per 6-month of period. If the residence card is not issued by the end of 3 months (bureaucracy is everywhere), the non-EU resident has to leave the country and come back when they can stay again legally. It is after 6 months. I know it, we been there and it is awful.

It is really insanity, that we live in this world, where a husband and wife cannot stay together without papers and fees, and governments involved in all the minutiae of their lives. I guess every time in history has had its ups and downs...but, this......

From someone with Armed Forces background, tough love is very common within. I have been on these forums for a long, long time and I believe this is one of the reasons all the veterans and even the new guys here really respect my opinion because I give it a different perspective. To starting anew to being where me and my fiance are now, we are very humbled. It is normal to feel like quitting, but just give yourself a pep talk and hype yourself up! We have helped many on these forums and seeing happy couple faces and families is what makes all of this worthwhile. You can ask anyone and they will tell you that we will tell you straight to the point and give our best opinion. Good luck on your Journey and if you need anything let us know!

Come on just do it! No questions asked. This is getting done!

Thank you for the kindness and encouragement. And thank you to everybody here...

I am really surprised at how kind you are and how you are all encouraging me. I really appreciate it. It makes me feel ashamed that I am crying so much

about this. I knew it would be a long time, and that was why I always thought it was impossible, this long-distance relationship. But I fell in love and I could not do anything else. I am sorry for complaining so much about it.

You can do it! You'll get NOA2 soon. I'm a Jan 24 NOA1 at TSC still waiting for NOA2. It will come!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

In my opinion it makes no sense to relocate now that you are so close to be approved. You are looking at another 1-3 months for NOA2

and about 2-3 weeks at NVC and then you can schedule your appointment. You want to toss a few months aside for all the stress

and expense it will take to relocate both of you and start over ? You would be creating more headaches for yourself than you are aware of.

Stop looking at the processing times, they are just guidelines.

Check out Igors list :

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=3&option=3&sortby=2

According to Igor's list some have been approved within 5-6 months. You have been waiting for 4 months.

You can do this, a few months pass by quickly if you involve yourself in activities, exercise, yoga, etc for your mental well being.

This is my 2. filing, we were in AP for 16 months and then denied. Sure, it is tough but you can reach deep inside and learn to be

patient. You both need to MAKE time and set it as a high priority to communicate and skype with each other. We all have different

schedules but it is doable, one should get up a little earlier or go to bed later, there are weekends.

Then scrape the money together and make it happen to visit for a week at least if you can't get off longer from work.
Plan to be there for the interview to counter any potential bona fide issues.
Moving now just seems very counter productive in my opinion and very extreme. You are closer than you think.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Don't quit now! The time, money, and energy spent relocating will be as bad or worse than just waiting this process out. Do you use whatsapp? Even when you aren't both awake, you can send texts back and forth to keep a connection. That's key to enduring this nightmarish distance apart. (((((Hugs)))))

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.