Manileña Heart

Pls help with AOS EAD AP checklist

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi kitthekat :) Can you kindly explain this further? Thanks! "if you can find a civil surgeon who is willing to simply "transcribe" the vaccination records from local clinic to the I-693 at a much cheaper cost, that is an option to consider. :)"

Also, just so I have a basis, would you know how much it would roughly cost? Thanks!

first you will need the vaccinations done - you can get this done at your local county health clinic, walgreens, etc. anywhere that will give you documentation proving you had the shots. these are often done for much cheaper than at the civil surgeon's clinic. if you are between 18-64, you need MMR and Tdap. You don't need varicella because St. Luke's marked "VH" on your DS-3025, which means you have had chicken pox before. You don't need the influenza shot because it is not the flu season.

then, you need to take the papers/records showing you received the vaccines to the civil surgeon and ask him to transcribe them onto the I-693. look through this list of civil surgeons to find one in your area that will not try to charge you for a whole new medical that you don't need: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/ - some of the reviews have prices listed as well.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You only need one cover letter, 2 passport photos, 1 copy of arrival record, 1 I797, 1 G 1145, etc. No need to duplicate everything

It is my understanding that you require 6 passport photos in total, when applying for AOS, EAD and AP?

I used this very helpful link from another VJ member, and they were approved:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

11/06/2012 - First met online

05/28/2013 - First met physically

10/15/2013 - Proposed :wub:

01/25/2014 - I-129F application lodged

*NO RFE! Thanks VJ* good.gif

05/27/2014 - Interview - Approved

06/18/2014 - Visa in hand

06/24/2014 - Arrived in the United States on the K1 visa!

07/01/2014 - Got married! (L)

08/06/2014 - Mailed AOS application

09/10/2014 - Biometrics appt

11/21/2014 - EAD and AP combo card in hand

12/16/2014 - Interview attended and application approved! :thumbs:

12/26/2014 - Green card in hand

09/27/2016 - Mailed ROC application

09/29/2016 - ROC application received by USCIS

10/03/2016 - NOA in hand! :)

11/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

03/15/2018 - ROC Approved! *No RFE or Interview! Thanks VJ* :thumbs:

04/06/2018 - 10 year GC in hand (With incorrect 'Resident Since' date - Filed SR online 'Typographical Error' with USCIS)

04/19/2018 - Email received from USCIS instructing me to return my GC for expedited correction - Mailed out today

Thank you VJ and all of the active posters... You guys have helped, and continue to help us so much! :thumbs:

Hank_, on 19 Jul 2014 - 5:53 PM, said:

Did you send in a copy of the DS-3025 or go to a civil surgeon and get the I-693 completed?

We went to a civil surgeon and got the I-693. I think we paid $65 each. He transposed everything but required the flu shot. We went to Walgreens and had the shots done for a considerable amount less then what the CS was going to charge.

Remember you and I were going back and forth about this issue and it was just before you received your information on including the instruction page from the I-495....so I just pulled the trigger and decided to use the CS.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Timeline

Thank you kitthekat :) So excluding influenza and varicella shots, I will need all the shots listed in the DS-3025? (even when for example I've already had my mumps vaccine when I was in school?) Thanks!!! :)

first you will need the vaccinations done - you can get this done at your local county health clinic, walgreens, etc. anywhere that will give you documentation proving you had the shots. these are often done for much cheaper than at the civil surgeon's clinic. if you are between 18-64, you need MMR and Tdap. You don't need varicella because St. Luke's marked "VH" on your DS-3025, which means you have had chicken pox before. You don't need the influenza shot because it is not the flu season.

then, you need to take the papers/records showing you received the vaccines to the civil surgeon and ask him to transcribe them onto the I-693. look through this list of civil surgeons to find one in your area that will not try to charge you for a whole new medical that you don't need: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/ - some of the reviews have prices listed as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, I REALLY appreciate all your help, thanks so much :) Just noticed that it's become heated somehow :) I know though that everyone's intentions are good, which is to help, so thanks to each and everyone who's been replying. I just hope we can all cool down a bit :dancing:. Here is my D-2053. Sorry for the sloppy lines as I made the photo edit on my phone. They did not give me any vaccines in SLEC Phils (Sorry for the confusion, I meant I had partial vaccination in the Philippines when I was still in elementary -- mumps, typhoid, polio, measles-- I told SLEC this and they told me that I had the option to complete my vaccination in the US which I agreed to. But I finished the SLEC medical aside from the vaccinations.) The only notes I can see on my D-2035 are "VH" for Varicella and "Note" K1 prefers to be immunized in the US." Thanks!!! :goofy:

You need to find a civil surgeon that will do just the vaccinations and not insist on a whole new medical. They can be hard to find, so call around and look in the thread kitthekat posted about civil surgeons that don't rip you off. You need the MMR and Tdap. No varicella since you already have a history of chickenpox, and no flu shot because it is not flu season. You can get the shots at the local health department or family doctor for cheaper and take the records of getting those, any other shot records you have, and your DS-3025 with you to the civil surgeon.You can also let the civil surgeon give you the missing shots to get everything done all in one place. It is up to you. Yes, you need the MMR booster, even if you had those when you were a kid.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hi kitthekat!

County health dept told me that these are the costs of the vaccines : dtap 45, mmr 60, polio 35, measles and mumps 60, hep a 40, hep b 45, meningococcal 100 and pneumococcal 70. So all in almost 500 wow, not cheap at all. Is this pretty much how it costs? Thanks!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is my understanding that you require 6 passport photos in total, when applying for AOS, EAD and AP?

I used this very helpful link from another VJ member, and they were approved:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

Can someone confirm the number of photos required? I'm confused now.

AOS

August 26, 2014: NOA1

September 16, 2014: RFE for further evidence of Joint Sponsor's current income

September 24, 2014: RFE response recieved

September 24, 2014: Biometrics taken At Detroit, MI

September 25, 2014: Status changed to "Request For Evidence Response Review"

October 9, 2014: I 485 changed to "Testing and Interview"

October 9, 2014: EAD changed to "Card/Document Production"

October 9, 2014: AP changed to "Post Decision Activity"

October 18, 2014: EAD and AP arrive in the mail!

October 23, 2014: Got a Job! - My very first American job! Yay!

January 14, 2015: AOS interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can someone confirm the number of photos required? I'm confused now.

6 photos in total = 2 for AOS, 2 for EAD, 2 for AP.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi kitthekat!

County health dept told me that these are the costs of the vaccines : dtap 45, mmr 60, polio 35, measles and mumps 60, hep a 40, hep b 45, meningococcal 100 and pneumococcal 70. So all in almost 500 wow, not cheap at all. Is this pretty much how it costs? Thanks!!!

are you not between the ages of 18-64? if you are, as i posted earlier, you only need the MMR and Dtap to complete the requirements for AOS:

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Oh ok got it! Thanks so much :)

are you not between the ages of 18-64? if you are, as i posted earlier, you only need the MMR and Dtap to complete the requirements for AOS:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi kitthekat! Just curious, when we went to the civil surgeon, they said my St. Luke's Sealed CD was useless to them. Everything turned out ok, he gave me a tb test. My question is, so there's no need for this st. Luke's cd anymore??? I don't need to submit it when I file for AOS EAD AP? Thanks so much !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It had this sticker that says VOID if opened, so I was under the impression that it wasn't for my personal keeping.

That is odd. It is not required by a civil surgeon, nor do you send it in with your AOS paperwork. It was just for you to keep. The USCIS does not accept digital media and would not want the CD.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.