Gazza7332

10 months and still nothing

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We are stuck on getting Russian police certificate too, which supposedly

can take about 4 months...and Russian embassy do not provide

any type of status and you can't even call to check.

Basically, my fiancee has to travel about 1 hour to the embassy,

waiting in long line, only to be told nothing came in,

so she has to repeat this every week...killing 1/2 day of work each time.

While we didn't use the embassy, our Russian police cert took pretty much exactly how long they said. At the time they said to expect one month and we got our call that it was ready practically on day 30. They take their time.

2012-11-20: Married in USA!

CR-1 Visa (9 Months, 16 Days)
2013-01-21: I-130 Packet Sent
2013-01-29: NOA1
2013-03-25: NOA2
2013-07-08: NVC Case Number Generated
2013-08-21: Medical exam in Moscow
2013-09-17: Expedite request accepted by NVC. Packet forwarded to Moscow embassy.
2013-09-26: Embassy contacted Rita to schedule her interview. Scheduled for 2013-09-30!
2013-09-30: Interview in Moscow - APPROVED!!
2013-10-10: P.O.E. JFK Int'l
2013-11-06: CR-1 Green card in hand!

Removal of Conditions (10 Months, 28 Days)
2015-08-11: i-751 Packet Sent
2015-08-13: NOA Receipt
2015-09-10: Biometrics
2016-06-30: Online Status Changed: New Card Is Being Produced
2016-07-05: i-797 NOA Received
2016-07-09: IR-1 Green card in hand!

Naturalization (6 Months, 29 Days)

2016-10-19: N-400 Filing Date

2016-10-24: N-400 NOA

2016-11-15: Biometrics

2017-04-10: Interview Letter NOA Received

2017-05-18: Interview & Oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is so outrageous that USCIS can do this without any explanation.

Only government can get away with this kind of ####### because they know

we are at their mercy.

Unlike NVC, I have been able to talk to USCIS staff when I call,

have you tried to escalate your call to the level 2 staff?

I can totally sympathize with what you are going through.

We are stuck on getting Russian police certificate too, which supposedly

can take about 4 months...and Russian embassy do not provide

any type of status and you can't even call to check.

Basically, my fiancee has to travel about 1 hour to the embassy,

waiting in long line, only to be told nothing came in,

so she has to repeat this every week...killing 1/2 day of work each time.

Best wishes

How is it taking you 4 months to get a Russian police certificate. It only took my husband 3 weeks to get it. That does not sound right.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have been on initial review for 10 months now is anyone else in the same situation. I feel like the only one : ( Have got our state senator involved so hope that helps. Anyone that is in the same situation that has any idea why it could be taking so long.

. You are the only September filer left that im seeing not approved. USCIS is done with sept, oct, nov and most of dec filers. They are now adjucating january. You need to do sth about this ASAP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's not that anyone is trying to be mean because JIJourney was a CSC filer - it's that he posts all over the boards with nothing very useful to say - here on this post he isn't even answering the OP's question.

He's also said some pretty rude things. And his thread about seeing tsc filers being happy & getting tons of noa2s was just cruel. I have nothing against the CSC filers & them going through faster (I am jealous but there's no hate) it's just the one in particular who keeps calling himself a veteran filer & flaunting his interview I'm threads where people are waiting 6 months. Saying encouraging words is one thing. Posting something "encouraging" & following it with your interview date 4 months after you filed isn't a nice thing to do. He's trolling & he knows it. I'm sorry, I may get flagged for this, but I had to say something. I'm not a mean person. I just miss my Matt & am worried that this process will come to a grinding halt & take over a year...

Btw OP. please contact everyone you can about it. And I wish you the best of luck. I didn't mean to dominate your thread. I hope you get approved soon...

Edited by Julie+Matt

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

10 months since I have seen my fiance. I know exactly what they are going through. I will reunite with her soon and I know that they will get their approval soon.

Hello, just curious to know how did you expedite at NVC, and how long did they take to approve it? I you don't mind me asking. Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Agreed. Especially after seeing the sarcastic thread about tsc filers being so happy about getting their noa2s & their posts being all over the forum (when it's actually the CSC filers & they know it). Yes, being separated sucks but knowing when stuff will happen would make this process so much easier & I'm sick of seeing the ones who got approved quickly acting like they understand what it's like to be left in the dark, mentioning "we have our interview next month & are veteran filers" when it's only been a few months...ugh. I'm cranky & miss my fiancé & want to know when the approval will happen...or at least an idea. But as of now it seems like it'll be 7-8 months based on where they are & that's just not fair...

You guys need to stop letting people upset you, this person is probably trolling and you are taking the bait.

If seeing people get approved before you is going to anger you, then i really suggest not coming to this site until after your initial 5 months are up. I had to wait almost 6 months for an approval and i watched people petition and get approved within weeks every month. It is just the way things are, everyone will be approved eventually and we will hardly remember this process one day but in the meantime ignore the trolls and don't post hateful messages if at all possible.

Edited by TheFoxxy

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Wow! 10 months! And no RFE? Please do contact your Congressman or State Senator. Ours was approved approximately one month after contacting our congressman's office. We waited 7 months and 20 days for approval at the TSC. So much compassion for you. Just start talking to anyone in the government who will listen. When I talked to the Congressman's office I kept pointing out discrepencies in the information provided by the government website to make my case. The immigration advocate at the Congressman's office finally conceded and made the inquiry for me. But if you have waited 10 months you shouldn't get one single argument from them. Good Luck and Please keep us updated.

I just emailed my congresswoman last week. Did you find it was more effective to call them? I haven't received a reply. How long did it take you to hear back from them?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You guys need to stop letting people upset you, this person is probably trolling and you are taking the bait.

If seeing people get approved before you is going to anger you, then i really suggest not coming to this site until after your initial 5 months are up. I had to wait almost 6 months for an approval and i watched people petition and get approved within weeks every month. It is just the way things are, everyone will be approved eventually and we will hardly remember this process one day but in the meantime ignore the trolls and don't post hateful messages if at all possible.

This is really good advice! There was a time when I couldn't even look at this site without feeling ill. Now I've accepted it and enjoy other people's feedback and encouragement. No use being bitter about it. No one going through this process is "special" and that's a tough pill to swallow sometimes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Yes I we did contact our senators office to see if they could help and they got a letter saying that it is going through security checks and then when my partner called a tier 2 immigration officer he was told that because we contacted our senators office he was not able to discuss the case with my partner, they would have to call I don't get it. I am really loosing hope here when someone replied that they don't no anyone else from the Sept 2013 who is still waiting. I don't know what to do and my partner is not like me, shoe on other foot I would be all over it. I am going to speak with the women who has been helping him to see what she has really done, because she may have just called the 800 help line and think she did something. I guess have got to keep going.

Since your other post on this issue, have you spoken to a tier 2 immigration officer about your case? If you have tried contacting the USCIS and gotten nowhere, perhaps try your congress person's office and/or the Ombudsman > http://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Reports -topic is case status ~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yes I called. My Congressman's office had an immigration liaison that I spoke with on the phone. She asked for some information that sounded reasonable for for making the inquiry. It took about a week for a formal letter, but she emailed me right away after speaking to her on the phone. We received a formal letter on May 5th, 2014 indicated a request for assistance and then the response on May 19th, 2014 from the Congressman's office letting us know that USCIS would be taking some action in 30 to 45 days. We got a text message on June 11th, 2014 at 8:45pm telling us our case was updated and to check the USCIS website for the update. And there it stated we were approved. Later a hard copy of the NOA2 was received. On June 17th, 2014 at 9:00pm were given a second text telling us of another update. The website said that USCIS sent the case onto the National Visa Center. A case number was assigned on June 26th, 2014. On July 1st, 2014 our case was mailed to the Embassy in Lima. We received a hard copy from the NVC confirming our assigned case number and mailing of the packet to the Embassy. According to information available through DHL we knew our case was received on July 3, 2014. Embassy acknowledged receipt as of July 8, 2014. NVC case status reported READY on the 8th. Emailed the Embassy on got an almost immediate reply from a person the same day confirming receipt.

Giving you all this information so you have a point of reference for time frames. I hope this was helpful!

Best of luck

I just emailed my congresswoman last week. Did you find it was more effective to call them? I haven't received a reply. How long did it take you to hear back from them?

The kindness we give to others may never be recognized by the ugly souls we encounter in the vast jungle of humanity, but what we give will echo brilliantly in the smiles of those who have received it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

He's also said some pretty rude things. And his thread about seeing tsc filers being happy & getting tons of noa2s was just cruel. I have nothing against the CSC filers & them going through faster (I am jealous but there's no hate) it's just the one in particular who keeps calling himself a veteran filer & flaunting his interview I'm threads where people are waiting 6 months. Saying encouraging words is one thing. Posting something "encouraging" & following it with your interview date 4 months after you filed isn't a nice thing to do. He's trolling & he knows it. I'm sorry, I may get flagged for this, but I had to say something. I'm not a mean person. I just miss my Matt & am worried that this process will come to a grinding halt & take over a year...

Btw OP. please contact everyone you can about it. And I wish you the best of luck. I didn't mean to dominate your thread. I hope you get approved soon...

Orrr.... MAYBE look at it at another perspective.

Hypothetically speaking...

A Military member randomly finds out they are getting deployed (6-7 months). With the original Interview being in September, everything would be chaotic for us and I may not even be able to bring my love back with me when I finally visit my Fiance next month, which I have not seen the Fiance in about 10 months. So with our expediting working to the Interview being a month earlier, we are VERY ecstatic about it...

I am not trying to be mean. I wish you luck, I really do. Everyone in that case. But there are so many things going on in my life at the moment that there are so much stress in there but I KNOW there is light at the end of the tunnel and I want it and I am going to get there.

Once again, I wish you well on the Journey and I do not want to be rude..

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Lol.....we got out 129F approved in 2 months last year at CSC Oct 31...NVC 1 month..interview 1 month later...haha...

.....before you get jealous....we still have no K1 Visa..needed dreaded waiver....ok...done.......601 approved...over a month ago....june 12......still have no K1 Visa.....why? Embassy slow they have not looked at any approved waiver cases for several months or have a several month "backlog" on them which is a joke as there is nothing for the embassy to do at that point.....they already approved it except for needing a waiver..now we have a waiver...so whats left....nothing.....5 minutes....BUT...no.

Yes we got lucky with USCIS ...2 months for 129F and 3.5 for 601....but I think the Embassy is looking to make up for our "rapid" progress....I mean its only been 11 months so far....Im guessing 6 more months is possible....for no reason at all by the way.....bringing it to perhaps 17 months...thats just a guess.

SO BEFORE you get upset at someone for getting a fast 129F.....(and I mean this lightly people....just to put it all in perspective....) remember 129F is JUST ONE STEP in a process...which can get very complex and very long...and have lots of more chances for various forms, agencies, entities, and individuals to be slow.

good luck to all...Im totally disgusted with the process at this point....but too deep in to give up and expatriate which is what I should have done.

Tell your finace/Fiancee to contact the congress office... Trust me it work...Mine was sittingdown at the Bangkok office for months and not being worked on until she contacted them... Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok, Im not "totally disgusted" anymore...a month after waiver approval..getting some progress again.....they emailed with a 221G....needs another tax return and new photos.....

That was a bad moment people....sorry I said that...I had convinced myself it would be 6 more months...maybe it will...but what they are asking for is now very simple so I hope it will go quickly......Ill believe it when we have it.

good luck to all

Lol.....we got out 129F approved in 2 months last year at CSC Oct 31...NVC 1 month..interview 1 month later...haha...

.....before you get jealous....we still have no K1 Visa..needed dreaded waiver....ok...done.......601 approved...over a month ago....june 12......still have no K1 Visa.....why? Embassy slow they have not looked at any approved waiver cases for several months or have a several month "backlog" on them which is a joke as there is nothing for the embassy to do at that point.....they already approved it except for needing a waiver..now we have a waiver...so whats left....nothing.....5 minutes....BUT...no.

Yes we got lucky with USCIS ...2 months for 129F and 3.5 for 601....but I think the Embassy is looking to make up for our "rapid" progress....I mean its only been 11 months so far....Im guessing 6 more months is possible....for no reason at all by the way.....bringing it to perhaps 17 months...thats just a guess.

SO BEFORE you get upset at someone for getting a fast 129F.....(and I mean this lightly people....just to put it all in perspective....) remember 129F is JUST ONE STEP in a process...which can get very complex and very long...and have lots of more chances for various forms, agencies, entities, and individuals to be slow.

good luck to all...Im totally disgusted with the process at this point....but too deep in to give up and expatriate which is what I should have done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ok, Im not "totally disgusted" anymore...a month after waiver approval..getting some progress again.....they emailed with a 221G....needs another tax return and new photos.....

That was a bad moment people....sorry I said that...I had convinced myself it would be 6 more months...maybe it will...but what they are asking for is now very simple so I hope it will go quickly......Ill believe it when we have it.

good luck to all

why did you need a waiver?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.