54 posts in this topic

The embassy does not schedule appointments, KCC does. Always give your case number, full name and date of birth (US style mm-dd-yyyy) in correspondence. But it's highly unlikely they will change your interview date at your request as it is done on case number, they can't be shuffling around 50000 appointments on request... The embassy won't have any details of your case until KCC schedules your interview, so you can contact them to ask general questions (like if your education qualifies) but not specific ones until then. Once your interview has been scheduled you may be able to get it changed at the embassy. Some will, some won't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I see you have a spouse visa, so I am just going to elaborate so as not to confuse any DV applicants who might be reading this:

The DV has specific education or work experience requirements which have to be met. If they are, he will be fine. It's not a case of "not wanting to be set up for failure", it's a case of : is he is eligible through education or work experience? If yes he gets the visa, if no he doesn't. It's not the CO's job to decide if he can get a job or not. Incidentally the DV instructions also specifically say that GED is not acceptable as a high school equivalent for DV purposes.

Incidentally, I'm interested you say the IT market is "saturated". I know a few people in the industry in the Bay Area who reckon it is absolutely pumping...

I agree, the IT market isn't even close to saturated. My husband is an IT engineer and he had no problem getting a job in his field. He is head of the IT dept for a high tech company and he is constantly hiring for new positions that are being created within the company. Here the IT market is booming and growing. The online job boards and sites are inundated with job positions from entry level to management and higher

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

The problem is not the translation, the problem is that it seems his school diploma is not adequate as being equivalent to US high school for DV purposes.

Sorry, I meant translated as in translated for equivalency by a WES or IERF. Not a literal language translation.

Timeline

Yes i have won the first step and last mounth i have submitted DS-260 form. On the Us emmbasy in Tirana is wroten this:

"Not all high school degrees in Albania qualify for the program. Part time high school diplomas - without a break from work, evening school, or correspondence - including five year programs or long-term programs (part time, without a break from work, evening school, or correspondence) dont qualify for the DV. In addition, vocational high school degrees rarely qualify for the DV program. Even if you completed part of high school on the part time system, and part of high school on the full time system, this diploma will not qualify for the DV."

My proffesion is IT and i have more than one year that i can prove my experience (since April 2013) that's why i am asking for education because i don't have yet 2 years of experience.

What sort of IT is it? Can you find an O*Net job for your role and apply with Work Experience?

If so.. you could try delaying your interview until May next year. (Someone correct me here) You could submit your DS-260 late.. say in March then you would get added to the May interviews and by then you'd have your two years of experience?

What sort of IT is it? Can you find an O*Net job for your role and apply with Work Experience?

If so.. you could try delaying your interview until May next year. (Someone correct me here) You could submit your DS-260 late.. say in March then you would get added to the May interviews and by then you'd have your two years of experience?

That did occur to me but he's already submitted his DS and I think his number is low enough that he will interview before two years. He could try reschedule with the embassy once KCC has set his date, but not all embassies will reschedule, and KCC will go according to case numbers - it is not going to entertain shuffling dates around to suit 50000 people.

Timeline

That did occur to me but he's already submitted his DS and I think his number is low enough that he will interview before two years. He could try reschedule with the embassy once KCC has set his date, but not all embassies will reschedule, and KCC will go according to case numbers - it is not going to entertain shuffling dates around to suit 50000 people.

What if he requested a DS-260 unlock?

He could leave it unlocked then lock it at a time when his experience is >2. It won't cost anything and it's his only hope really.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In other words my chances seems to be insufficient -_-

It depends. For example in Poland you have a vocational school and vocational high school. Vocational school is not equivalent to high school but vocational high school is because you finish this type of school with the same exam as high school and you can go to university. I think that is the main requirement - can you apply to a Uni after your vocational school or would you have to go to college or pass some additional exams.

I know few people who got their green cards in Warsaw and they have diplomas from Polish vocational high school which are equivalent to this:

Admission to higher/university education in Poland requires completion of a secondary school diploma
[Świadectwo dojrzałości liceum profilowanego or a recognized equivalent], which is equivalent to a
U.S. high school diploma and is sufficient for freshman admission to a U.S. college or university.
So give your embassy a call and check if you are eligible for DV.
Edited by franko

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Timeline

It depends. For example in Poland you have a vocational school and vocational high school. Vocational school is not equivalent to high school but vocational high school is because you finish this type of school with the same exam as high school and you can go to university. I think that is the main requirement - can you apply to a Uni after your vocational school or would you have to go to college or pass some additional exams.

I know few people who got their green cards in Warsaw and they have diplomas from Polish vocational high school which are equivalent to this:

Admission to higher/university education in Poland requires completion of a secondary school diploma
[Świadectwo dojrzałości liceum profilowanego or a recognized equivalent], which is equivalent to a
U.S. high school diploma and is sufficient for freshman admission to a U.S. college or university.

Here's an Albanian situation that seems similar.

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

I am graduated from a vocational high school, all the exams that i have done 2 years before were exactly same as normal high school, 4 exams, 2 of them mandatory and 2 others with choice.

With my diploma i am eligible here in my country to apply for any university i want, even that i have graduated for Electronic i am in the same condition as other students and i can apply for Justice, Economic or any Social University that i want. In other words with my diploma i can apply in all of Universities here in my country. Will this mean anything for embassy ?

Timeline

He could leave it unlocked then lock it at a time when his experience is >2. It won't cost anything and it's his only hope really.

What do you mean with "DS-260 unlock" ? So i am able to freeze my application until i have completely done 2 years of work ?

If KCC schedules on December or January my interview, do i have any possibilities to delay it for 4 or 5 months ?

Please can you help me on what i can do in order to meet the criteria of US lottery ?

Also for education:

I am graduated from a vocational high school, all the exams that i have done 2 years before were exactly same as normal high school, 4 exams, 2 of them mandatory and 2 others with choice.

With my diploma i am eligible here in my country to apply for any university i want, even that i have graduated for Electronic i am in the same condition as other students and i can apply for Justice, Economic or any Social University that i want. In other words with my diploma i can apply in all of Universities here in my country. Will this mean anything for embassy ?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think you should be fine with that - it works in Warsaw embassy but I would advise contacting the embassy in your home country. Since you are DV2015 selectee you have plenty of time so I would suggest giving them a call or writing a letter. Also try your country forum and ask if anyone has been in similar situation.

Edited by franko

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Timeline

My role is "Network and Computer Systems Administrators bf_sm.png"

The link for this job is: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1142.00

It says that not all occupations requires University Degree, also i have a diploma for Network Administrator from a Community College course, it's the private version of my school.

Hm, I don't think that will work - hard to know as the system is new but I think once it has been submitted once it will count as submitted and he will get an interview based on it. And anyway that is assuming his two years have been at the correct level ... Which they may or may not be.

Here's an Albanian situation that seems similar.

I linked to that thread already ;)

I think you should be fine with that - it works in Warsaw embassy but I would advise contacting the embassy in your home country. Since you are DV2015 selectee you have plenty of time so I would suggest giving them a call or writing a letter. Also try your country forum and ask if anyone has been in similar situation.

This is the same situation as the linked thread above and that was refused in Tirana. I have suggested about 3 times already to this guy he needs to contact the embassy and ask them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.