sheepo101

ref for financial support HELP :(

29 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Just got an rfe for financial evidence. So nervous. My husband doesn't have a job and I've been supporting him for the past year. We can't get a joint sponsor either since his mom is unable to support us. Help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Why would you say you can't get a sponsor since his mother is unable to sponsor you? A sponsor can be anybody, it doesn't have to be his mom. A friend can do it too.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Just got an rfe for financial evidence. So nervous. My husband doesn't have a job and I've been supporting him for the past year. We can't get a joint sponsor either since his mom is unable to support us. Help!

Any citizen or LPR can co-sponsor financially. It's not a matter or 'support' but financial sponsorship. Mother might qualify.

Timeline

Why would you say you can't get a sponsor since his mother is unable to sponsor you? A sponsor can be anybody, it doesn't have to be his mom. A friend can do it too.

So, we're worried of entangling our friends with this. Doors the USCIS go through their financial records? Also, the rfe had highlighted specifically the need for the bank statements. Does that mean they only need that? My husband has assets which exceed the poverty guidelines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What exactly does the RFE say? What evidence of income did you send in to begin with? Does your income meet the requirement for your household size? Is it just the 2 of you with no other dependents? If your income does not meet the requirement, then how short are you? Your husband would need to show 3 times the income amount you are short.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

So, we're worried of entangling our friends with this. Doors the USCIS go through their financial records? Also, the rfe had highlighted specifically the need for the bank statements. Does that mean they only need that? My husband has assets which exceed the poverty guidelines.

Also, correction: my husband assets and former income were just above the poverty guidelines, but we never got a letter of employment from his boss...

Timeline

What exactly does the RFE say? What evidence of income did you send in to begin with? Does your income meet the requirement for your household size? Is it just the 2 of you with no other dependents? If your income does not meet the requirement, then how short are you? Your husband would need to show 3 times the income amount you are short.

It says that my husband doesn't meet the requirements, but doesn't state any amount. He has a house worth $164,000 which we have listed, and we've attached supporting documentation to prove his ownership. The office simply highlighted ( with a highlighter) the need for bank statements and suggested a joint sponsor.

Timeline

It says that my husband doesn't meet the requirements, but doesn't state any amount. He has a house worth $164,000 which we have listed, and we've attached supporting documentation to prove his ownership. The office simply highlighted ( with a highlighter) the need for bank statements and suggested a joint sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

A primary residence doesn't usually count for proof of assets.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Sheepo: You are going about this all wrong.

If you do not comply with the requirements, your RFE will say generically that you do not qualify. You may qualify, but you need to show them the correct proof. If you do not do this, then you will be denied.

You say your husband makes above the amount, so you just need to prove it.

You need to get last year's tax return (a complete return or a tax transcript), and you need to show proof of current employment, either 6 months of paystubs or a letter from his employer.

At the very beginning of the RFE, it will say what is wrong. You need to focus on that part, not on the generic "does not qualify" message.

You cannot use a primary residence as assets, so I am not sure why you guys bothered showing that. It is useless.

Can you prove with tax returns and proof of current employment that your husband makes above the required amount?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

He does not meet the requirement because he is unemployed, correct? You said he has not been working and you have been supporting him for a year. Did you add your income to his I-864? The intending immigrant can use their income and/or assets to qualify too.

If all you listed was the house for his I-864, then yes, they are going to want to proof that there are other assets besides your only home that you need to reside in. If it is just the 2 of you, he would need to show at least $60,000 in liquid assets. So, if he had money in the bank, he could prove his assets with 12 months of bank statements or letter from the bank. I am guessing that is one thing the RFE listed you could use to prove assets. If your income plus both your assets does not meet the requirement, then you will need to find a joint sponsor to satisfy the RFE and affidavit of support requirement.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Oh, former income...

OP: In order for us to help you, you'll have to spell out the current situation. You cannot qualify on former income.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. We are currently living in said listed asset, and I have run out of savings to support us (couldn't work in the u.s.). I appreciate your response, thank you!

Okay: Husband, USC, not working.

You: immigrant, not working.

Do you guys have $60K in cash?

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.