sheepo101

ref for financial support HELP :(

29 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Oh, former income...

OP: In order for us to help you, you'll have to spell out the current situation. You cannot qualify on former income.

Ok, so I have had my apartment in Israel sold and with that money I have supported both of us for the past year. He couldn't work (no one hired....) and now we are back in Texas on our last dime. The situation in the house is that he can't work here either and we fear entangling family/friends with the i-864. I do have funds coming in later in July but I'm giving those to my parents to cover debts. Will I be able to use that to show assets?

Is it over $60K USD? Do you want to wait until July to respond? Can you hold off on giving it to your parents for 6 months or until a decision is made on your case?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Funds from where?

Another sold apartment turned inheritance

Is it over $60K USD? Do you want to wait until July to respond? Can you hold off on giving it to your parents for 6 months or until a decision is made on your case?

Its approximately $350000, bit I don't know if we can hold off the funds for more than a month. (They really need it)

Okay, then I would say that you cannot use that money because you are going to spend it right away. When you have your interview, they will ask you for proof of having that money again, and you won't have it.

Time to get a co-sponsor.

A Co-sponsor will need to show tax returns and proof of current employment. Good luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Okay, then I would say that you cannot use that money because you are going to spend it right away. When you have your interview, they will ask you for proof of having that money again, and you won't have it.

Time to get a co-sponsor.

A Co-sponsor will need to show tax returns and proof of current employment. Good luck.

Okay, thank you Harpa!

Co-sponsors could be anyone. Your husband who is the USC should have friends who can act as a co sponsor. They are not paying for anything, just a tax transcript which fortunately is now available online on the IRS website from 2-3 years showing they made more than I think $22,000 to cover a 3 persons household.

2013, 2012 and 2011 tax transcripts and you are good to go.

On the other hand, your USC husband, unless terminally ill or disabled should really get a job to support you and him. It doesnt have to be a fancy blue collar job... there is walmart, Hobby lobby, something to help so you can be supported until you get an EAD to get a job. Sometimes a person needs to start from the bottom or take a step back to be able to take 2 steps forward..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It is $24,737 for a household of 3, but they would not know the household size until they found the joint sponsor. If the joint sponsor is single and has no dependents, then they would only need the $19,662 for a household size of 2 in order to meet the requirement. A joint sponsor would provide their total income(line 22 of the 1040) for the last 3 years on their I-864 and need to submit their most recent tax transcript, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs to prove current income. They also need to include proof that they are a USC or LPR.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

It is $24,737 for a household of 3, but they would not know the household size until they found the joint sponsor. If the joint sponsor is single and has no dependents, then they would only need the $19,662 for a household size of 2 in order to meet the requirement. A joint sponsor would provide their total income(line 22 of the 1040) for the last 3 years on their I-864 and need to submit their most recent tax transcript, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs to prove current income. They also need to include proof that they are a USC or LPR.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

If the Co Sponsor is single and has no dependent, doesnt that make it a household of 3? The USC, Spouse and the co sponsor.... do not disregard that the money should support all 3 not just 2. so I think $24737 is the right one... oh well, I could be wrong.

The co-sponsor is not expected to sponsor the USC half of this marriage, just the immigrant spouse so it's a household of two if the sponsor is single OR a household of however many reside there PLUS the immigrant spouse. :)

Edited by Brit Abroad

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If the Co Sponsor is single and has no dependent, doesnt that make it a household of 3? The USC, Spouse and the co sponsor.... do not disregard that the money should support all 3 not just 2. so I think $24737 is the right one... oh well, I could be wrong.

Yes, you are mistaken. A USC is not in need of an affidavit of support and sponsorship. A sponsor is signing the I-864 to agree to sponsor the intending immigrant(s).

How to count household size >

Your household size includes yourself and the following individuals, no matter where they live: any spouse, any dependent children under the age of 21, any other dependents listed on your most recent Federal income tax return, all persons being sponsored in this affidavit of support, and any immigrants previously sponsored with a Form I-864 or Form I-864 EZ

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Also OP, you need proof of sponsor's USC or LPR status. Please read the instructions carefully. You get one shot.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.